New JUMBO Low Resistance 510 Dual Coil Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
yes it is very tight draw on the Darwin. If you figure out a way to cure that, please post up. The tight draw is driving me crazy.

On another note- I never thought I would say this: I'm getting too much flavor! Yes I'm getting so much flavor from using the dual coil all day that I'm getting really tired of the taste of my juice. I just switched over to a standard 510 in order to lessen the flavor.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
and I just add 10 drops or so when it looks dry on top. The coils are evenly spaced inside the housing. It's quite important to keep that top one wet, and the bottom one is in the standard location..

I'm confused folks! I'm seeing some of you saying you top it off "to keep the upper coil wet"... Or something? And, others seem to vape it down all the way and then refill.

What's up?

Personally, I don't see the point in having a mega/XL carto if you have to top it off so much. What am I missing?

And I see some say the draw is tight? Somebody said without the cone it's not (and ego cone? because I never use my cone with cartos anyway)

I like Boge LRs, but would really love to find one that works like a Boge (easy draw, etc..) in a MEGA size. Is this one for me or not?

Thanks!!!

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Hey Pizza

I'm with you- why bother with a larger carto if you have to keep topping it off. To be completely honest, I get full flavor all the way with this thing. I don't top it off- it usually takes about 30 drops to refill it. And I have noticed no ill effects from running it down.

The question about Boge vs these. That's a tough call for me. I love the way the Boge's hit, and these simply do not compare. These are tighter draw than Boge. But the flip-side is these give more flavor and less frequent refilling than Boge. So its really a toss up.

I just see caution on keeping that top coil moist, lest it dries and burns. I dissected one, and that top coil is only about 1/3 down from the top. Maybe I'm being to precautionary in filling everytime it looks dry on top. I'm just doing that to protect them. Can they run lower? I haven't tried.

As far as draw, mine seems to be equal to the Boge, but I did have a tight one I gave up on. I guess before filling , if you can see light through the carto, it might have a decent draw. If not...problems.
I bought 9 of them. Looking through them, 4 have good light 4 more have ok light (partially blocked, but they seem to suck ok) and 1 was tight and no light would pass through. I couldn't get a paperclip through either. It is now dissected, since it worked poorly.

Ham Hocks

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Like the holes are blocked?
Can you use a needle to poke through? Or are you in danger of hitting a component?
Can't even needle in the hole. This draw is driving me nuts.

I can get a paperclip all the way thru mine. Sounds like you got a defective one. I agree these are tighter draw than a boge. But a needle should have no problem going thru.

I am waiting to see these duallies to come out in KR808D-1 format. I have a feeling it cannot be done with the protect circuit the batteries (stock 150-250-350mah) appear to have.
I've tried adapters and cannot get them to fire off on a 808 battery. I can't get a 2ohm Boge to fire off either. 3ohm works.

Any feed back on a possible 808 duallie, or why I can't get the batteries to fire off (they lite but no vape) would be greatly appreciated.

Pulled Pork

Appreciate it.
Love the 1.5's (mine measure 1.6 ohm) but as you might know, I run em on the standard 150mah, and a 2ohm would be easier on it, if it works as well or close.
Yeah, I know. You don't have to tell me....bad for the battery.

Besides, the 2ohm might fire on a 808D-1 (which come in 350mah). I use a 2.1ohm on it now. The 1.6 won't fire off.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Drew,

Are those transparent dual-coil cartos also made by Smoktech? Just curious... They look nice, but I've had very little luck with other, not yours, clear plastic cartos so I'm a bit worried about leaks, cracking and such.

An do you find that the 2.0Ω ones vape significantly cooler than the 1.5Ω? I really want to try the 2.0Ω.

Thanks.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Hi,
I have not had a single leak with any of these...The 2.0 ohm are really nice on 3.7 batts...I have heard people report using them at higher voltages but I find them to taste too hot and burndt that way... The 1.5 are definately warmer and I really like those at 3.7 also...The only real difference is that you can sort of see how full they are..Thanks
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread