Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
But no bottle or supply tube?

And the 1 pic they show of a squonker has the hole on tbe 20700 side.....where the 510 is... if so in squonk mode it's single 18650 in feed mode..... as the mod is single 2xxxx or dual/single 18650.

Need more info.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Teach me to watch a review before looking at wisemec site.... they don't show the squonk mode on wisemec or I don't see it...

Wonder where price will be after presale? 90 seems high for a VV box from wismec.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Yes what has killed it for me is you can only run t in single 21700,that's a no buy after reading that,for me.
It does come with a 7ml squonk bottle.

I would have preferred a dual 21700 parallel box instead of another dual 18650.

EDIT: I am awaiting an email reply from wismec on the PC board situation. If it comes with both or if you can purchase the other.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: yakaki

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The single 2x700 thing does not bother me at all. I would only be using it in squonk mode anyway since I don't drip or use RTAs. But it being VW instead of VV is quite disappointing, to me at least.

I will be awaiting non-reviewer feedback, but with the parts being able to be changed so easily. It is still a contender for me since that makes it less of a throw away mod. If something breaks like the chip or 510 (most commonly broken parts on a mod) they can be easily replaced instead of having to buy a new mod. That is a huge plus in my book.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I am awaiting an email reply from wismec on the PC board situation. If it comes with both or if you can purchase the other.

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess (from the video and pricing) I'm thinking the kit with the regulated board comes with both, and the kit with the unregulated board doesnt.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
They come in both kits, or just the regulated kit?
Yes both kits. Why you would need both with the VW board is beyond me because it has bypass mode.

EDIT: I went back to wismec site and in the top paragraph about the mod it stays both boards in kit too. I missed that the first time going thru that.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Yes both kits. Why you would need both with the VW board is beyond me because it has bypass mode.

EDIT: I went back to wismec site and in the top paragraph about the mod it stays both boards in kit too. I missed that the first time going thru that.

It would have to be for preferance. Maybe someone only wants to run in unregulated all the time and never needs the options the other chip offers. They would get very slightly better battery life since they would not be running the screen. I know it has stealth mode, but some people don't want to do the button sequences to get it into and out of stealth to check battery and do another button sequence to lock buttons every time they want to check battery levels. I dont see a reason to swap between the two boards very often, but it is a handy, even if infrequently used, feature. But for those who don't care to do the button sequences, the VW chip would be fine for all around use.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The only reason it appeals to me,you can DIY what ever you want with t. I have a couple of PWM mods I built and enjoy that. But just going down to the dual configuration of only 18650's throws me off. I have enough parallel 18650 mods already. If you could run dual 2x series then I would grab it n a heartbeat.

Reactions: lupinehorror

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

If the unregulated kit has both boards too, I wonder why there is a ~$20 price difference...

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Highly doubt it as this is VV regulated only.. no TC or VW regulating no boost. Just higher or lower voltage. Basically it's a digital potentiometer box. From what I've seen so far.

Gotta look at this one been wanting g a simple VV squonk. WOULD Rather 2 BATTERIES IN Squonk MODE BUT I CAN Live WITH A Single 21700. Dual batteties to power a RDTA is also good.. if it still does VV on 2 batteries.

DJLSBVape review shows it is TC and vW and bypass.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Yeah I heard some people had issues with the old wismec. I got the Wismec Gen3 and Gen3 Dual using mainly for TC with Arctic Fox Firmware, it's been good so far. This Luxotic MF looks interesting but might be more for advance users. I'm still a bit of a noob, I might wait a bit till I get more experience in the hobby and look into this then.

Reactions: Zaryk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Yeah I heard some people had issues with the old wismec. I got the Wismec Gen3 and Gen3 Dual using mainly for TC with Arctic Fox Firmware, it's been good so far. This Luxotic MF looks interesting
I have a Gen 3 (3 battery version) and have had zero issues. It is a good mod. Since I have switched to squonk mods only, it has been my ohm reader and used to fire coils. The 510 is super sturdy and is not going anywhere on this thing.

Reactions: flavourchaser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread