Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Me too, but what has me worried is all the reviews so far show the battery door gaping while batteries are installed. Love the idea behind this device though.
You could cut the battery ribbon off completely. Instead of using the thick silicon tube for battery wrap battery with thin tape to make it 2x size,and the door might not stick out any longer???

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
You could cut the battery ribbon off completely. Instead of using the thick silicon tube for battery wrap battery with thin tape to make it 2x size,and the door might not stick out any longer???
Cutting the ribbon out might do the trick. I would only use it with 2x700 batteries in squonk mode, so the battery adapters wouldn't be utilized anyway.

Reactions: t8kiteasy

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I just found out that the NFE Team will support this with Arctic Fox. So I had to grab one. I'll let you guys know how it all goes. It's so tiny lol
It's size was one reason I was interested, and the ability to repair it if something goes wrong was another selling point for me. Now with arctic fox support, that just makes it a little more appealing (I don't use temp mode but that insures a good firmware is always avaliable).

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
It's here! I will report back later in the day, on my thoughts about it. :D:D:D

Luxotic MF.jpg

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
So I tested this on Temp Control. For single coil it's decent. Wismec has definitely been working on their Temp Control. For dual coil with dual 18650 it's a bit cold I had to bump it up by 20 degrees Fahrenheit. I'll be using this for single coil so it should be good. I would of like it if there was an option to adjust the temps in 1 degree increments instead of 10. I suppose once Arctic Fox supports this I shouldn't have these issues.

Lux3.jpg

I also noticed that using dual 18650 batteries the door closes well. Wismec must of fix this issue? Which is more than welcome. :D:D:D I don't have 21700 batteries so I couldn't test the door. Only 18650s is what I have.

Lux2.jpg

Lux1.jpg

I would of liked if wismec sold spare bottles. I contacted wismec about this, still no reply. Other than that I really like this squonker, decent price, tiny little unit.

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
So I tested this on Temp Control. For single coil it's decent. Wismec has definitely been working on their Temp Control. For dual coil with dual 18650 it's a bit cold I had to bump it up by 20 degrees Fahrenheit. I'll be using this for single coil so it should be good. I would of like it if there was an option to adjust the temps in 1 degree increments instead of 10. I suppose once Arctic Fox supports this I shouldn't have these issues.

View attachment 763601

I also noticed that using dual 18650 batteries the door closes well. Wismec must of fix this issue? Which is more than welcome. :D:D:D I don't have 21700 batteries so I couldn't test the door. Only 18650s is what I have.

View attachment 763605

View attachment 763607

I would of liked if wismec sold spare bottles. I contacted wismec about this, still no reply. Other than that I really like this squonker, decent price, tiny little unit.
Thanks for all of the feedback. Will be keeping an eye on this one. So many squonkers coming out this year, seems like we're getting a lot of decent mods at fair prices. I used to feel like I had to scoop up every new release trying to find something I liked. I finally have some setups I like and don't have to chase all of the new ones. I don't mind waiting for feedback these days.

I am interested in this one though. Looks like another solid device at a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread