ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
love these quotes
" device could vaporize many pharmaceutical drugs, NSAIDs, herbal supplements and vitamins. Good pharmaceutical candidates for vaporization include, but are not restricted to, nitroglycerin, sildenafil (......), antibiotics and active ingredients of cough syrups. Patients that have asthma or cystic fibrosis could replace their inhalers with vaping devices to disinfect and treat the mucus with mucolytics in their lungs"
"Vaping the drug would deliver it directly to the smallest areas of the lungs via harmless vapor,"
"It incorporates technology used in vaporizing pens and e-cigarettes"

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
lol.
Interesting.

It's different use though....
1) Only certain drugs would "atomize"/"Vaporize" properly
2) It would be the kind of vape where you'd have a measured amount, hold it in as long as you can, and "vape" until used up for 1 dose.

Not a "puffing" type of thing...I would think. Also, prime candidate for a disposable carto for each administration...or the device's electrical charactoristics would have to be closely regulated to be in spec. Wouldn't want much variation in vapor quality at all.

Just random thoughts.

Overall, good for asthma drugs and such. IDK about all drugs, but some drugs, like they say.

The ANTZ are going to have a fit. lol.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
What about the Jet Injector Gun/Ped-O-Jet? Had to get about 10 of those when going through boot camp! Pretty efficient IMO.

They can drive bacteria through the skin....I think. Fell into disfavor...or we'd all get shots that way now. I remember having had one that way as a kid. Was very "Star Trek" to me.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Can't tell you for sure whether pg helps prevent colds, but I've been vaping for almost 2 years and the last cold I nursed was 1 1/2 years ago. I was commenting to my daughter the other day that the whole of 2013 I was free from colds. No flu either.

Of course, I'm cautious of not hanging around crowded places where viruses may be spread. I wash my hands several times a day, such as before fixing breakfast, lunch or dinner; before I insert/remove contact lenses; when visiting the restroom, etc. I also use the antiseptic wipes provided at the grocery store to wipe the handles of the shopping cart.

Before I quit smoking I had the same routine and still caught a cold/flu at least once a year.:vapor:

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
"Additionally, diabetic patients could also be delivered insulin via non-parenteral routes instead of taking painful injections."

Hmmm, I'm almost tempted to vape some insulin in a PG/VG solution. It would seem the outcome would be somewhere between it wouldn't work at all to running numbers so low I'd pass out.

Any thoughts on my thoughts?

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Yes, but we don't talk about that here

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
"Additionally, diabetic patients could also be delivered insulin via non-parenteral routes instead of taking painful injections."

Hmmm, I'm almost tempted to vape some insulin in a PG/VG solution. It would seem the outcome would be somewhere between it wouldn't work at all to running numbers so low I'd pass out.

Any thoughts on my thoughts?

I definitely have a thought. Let someone else try it first. Only an optimist would try to guess the right dosage and how fast it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread