New member from Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Hello all, new guy from Adrian MI. At least I think I'm new, when I registered it kind of acted like I already had account? It is possible, I belong to so many forums it is hard to keep track lol. I am pretty sure I never made an introduction post here though.

So, my name is Paul and I am from Adrian MI. I am 50 years old and disabled do to mental issues (anxiety, depression, and other mild issues. No I am not nuts or out of touch with reality lol). I honestly don't know when I started vaping, but it has probably been at least 4 or 5 years ago. When I started Ego Twists and cart tanks were high tech. I started with a cheap cigalike kit, then got an ego with a stardust tank.

I wasn't a heavy smoker, maybe a few cigs a day. I also enjoyed the occasional cigar and tried to smoke a pipe (what a pain in the .... that was). I mainly checked it out looking for something to get my girl friend at the time to quit smoking.

For me, vaping is everything I wanted from a pipe, without the hassles and health issues.

I prefer RTA and RDA's. It isn't that hard for me to re coil a tank and it is cheaper and easier than messing with coil heads. Some of the tanks I have I don't even think you can buy coils for anymore. And for what a couple coils cost for my nautilus mini I can buy enough wire and cotton to make a ton of coils.

I am also not into the low ohm stuff or fancy coils. A simple micro coil between 1.2 and 1.8 works fine for me, at around 10 to 15 watts. I messed with the low ohm stuff (if you consider .5 ohm low lol) and fancy time consuming to make coils. Just wasn't my thing, and I really didn't notice a difference honestly. Even in my drippers I just run a single coil at around 1 ohm.

My most recent toy is the Aspire Speeder because I wanted to play with temp control. Jury is still out on that one. I need to get some SS wire to try and get some better batteries.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Thanks for the welcome guys and gals. Not sure how much "knowledge" I have, but I have plenty of opinions trust me lol. I might have some decent stuff for beginning vapors, I even have a website dedicated to it, but it is kind of out of date at this point. And it is a free weebly site so you can't find it with a google search. As for advanced vapers, probably not so much. I like to stay on top of the current tech and do a lot of research but do to my low income don't get to actually try much of it.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
I took to it right away, but I like techy things and I like to experiment and fiddle with things. I probably didn't have my cigalikes a week before I polished the tubes and made custom wooden tips for them. I even made a tool with a tube and a string so I could spin the carts really fast so I could fill them faster. Cartomizers, man those were fun lol.

My girlfriend never did take to it. I discovered that some people just like to smoke and nothing will change that. Vaping will never equal the smoking experience. It is a different animal, so for those expecting to be exactly the same will always be disappointed. Then she cheated on me, so I really didn't care anymore lol.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My most recent toy is the Aspire Speeder because I wanted to play with temp control. Jury is still out on that one. I need to get some SS wire to try and get some better batteries.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to read:
Temperature Control Vaping: The Decision Is Yours
Temp Controlled Vaping Rocks
I did the math, I have actually been vaping for closer to 6 years. And I am pretty sure I was a member here at one point before.
Checking the back files and it looks like you joined last Friday.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Ya, that is what it says, but I am sure at some point over the last 6 years I was a member at some point lol. Might have been under a different name or my alias. Sometimes I use Paul L Mohr, or Vladi, or Vladi Hazelnut which is my Second Life name. Would have been the same email address though, that hasn't changed in like 15 years.

And when I joined a few days ago I never had to verify anything, it just logged me in. No email link to click on or anything. After I signed up it gave me some weird error message, and then just logged me in. Kind of strange.

I tried a search under any names I would have used though and nothing came up. Not that I really care mind you, just thought it was odd is all.

zuuuus333

Moved On
Nov 8, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

TomDS

Moved On
Nov 6, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread