New member hoping to get plugged in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Vito

Feb 13, 2018
Hey everyone. My name is Joe from New Jersey. Excited to have found a forum, idk why I never thought of searching for one before. Anyway just wanted to reach out and introduce myself, not new to vaping but just recently getting into rda’s so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
First off : Welcome to ecf :)

Secondly the only advice i have is : get a squonker (regulated one unless you know all about mech mods and 0hms law) rda wise i've heard some good stuff about the Drop but i don't own it.

I do love my Peerless Rda though, but the deck is a bit tricky.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hey everyone. My name is Joe from New Jersey. Excited to have found a forum, idk why I never thought of searching for one before. Anyway just want dnto reach out and introduce myself, not new to caping but just recently getting into RDA’s so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome! Link:

RDA

The above forum link is specific to dripping (rebuildable dripping atomizers)

You can also look at the forum for rebuildable tank atomizers if your wanting a tank. (I prefer them myself to dripping, unless your using a squonk )

Joe Vito

Feb 13, 2018
Thanks guys. I have a recoil rebel and I only plan on using it on a regulated device, although I still have a million questions about series battery, how many watts I can use, what my voltage should be etc. I use a Squir Industries Double Barrell V2.1 which is you haven’t seen, is friken awesome looking and rock solid!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks guys. I have a recoil rebel and I only plan on using it on a regulated device, although I still have a million questions about series battery, how many watts I can use, what my voltage should be etc. I use a Squir Industries Double Barrell V2.1 which is you haven’t seen, is friken awesome looking and rock solid!

If your using a regulated mod, then here is one place to start.

Ohms law will also be helpful.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you’re just using regulated devices you don’t have to worry about batteries or ohms law or any of that stuff. That’s only for mechs.

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
But if my battery is a 3.7, and I’m pushing 6 volts to get my high wattage vape, isn’t that dangerous?

It's a good video that mooch did. (posted above) You will find it super informative.. it will help you figure out how many watts a battery can do safely on a regulated mod.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. Most of my RDAs are Old Skool, because they don't make 'em like that any more. I do like the Wotofo Sapor and the Wismec Indestructible as good for favor. I just got a free-gimme of the Aromamizer V-RDA-- ordered some merch from one of my favorite stores and the boss threw one in--and it's in the testing program now. Not bad at all so far, if you like 'em 25mm in diameter. I think the "spiral airway" thing is a gimmick, but maybe not; it does vape well.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
But if my battery is a 3.7, and I’m pushing 6 volts to get my high wattage vape, isn’t that dangerous?
It’s hard on your battery. it will not last very long and wear out abnormally quickly but it’s not going to blow up like it might with a mech. The whole wattage inflation thing foisted off on us by marketeers is really annoying. They assume 40amp draw batteries are available when they simply aren’t. A battery can put out more wattage than it has but they can be pulsed to higher wattages using a voltage booster. This is what your mod does and hen you set your mod do a very high amp rating. The problem is there is no standardization for pulse rating so there’s no way to know what is safe and what isn’t.
This is usually a self solving problem though because of several factors. The vape will perform poorly, the batteries will run dry very very quickly, and the batteries will quickly lose their ability to charge. These usually mean that if people do attempt it they don’t do it for very long.

Joe Vito

Feb 13, 2018
It’s hard on your battery. it will not last very long and wear out abnormally quickly but it’s not going to blow up like it might with a mech. The whole wattage inflation thing foisted off on us by marketeers is really annoying. They assume 40amp draw batteries are available when they simply aren’t. A battery can put out more wattage than it has but they can be pulsed to higher wattages using a voltage booster. This is what your mod does and hen you set your mod do a very high amp rating. The problem is there is no standardization for pulse rating so there’s no way to know what is safe and what isn’t.
This is usually a self solving problem though because of several factors. The vape will perform poorly, the batteries will run dry very very quickly, and the batteries will quickly lose their ability to charge. These usually mean that if people do attempt it they don’t do it for very long.
This is all so confusing. I thought by using a regulated mod that I wouldn’t have to figure out this amount of stuff and could just enjoy a nice vape, but honestly I’m so overwhelmed I’m about to just go back to my Smok Stick X8

• Optimistic

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone. My name is Joe from New Jersey. Excited to have found a forum, idk why I never thought of searching for one before. Anyway just wanted to reach out and introduce myself, not new to vaping but just recently getting into RDA’s so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Ah ha, you know your atomizers, RDA's are king. Below is information you may enjoy.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/
https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/electronic-cigarettes/what-is-an-atomizer-definition/
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/wrapping-building-coils-101-for-beginners.745045/
http://www.geekayvapes.com/squonking-101/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/i-love-my-rda.805461/#post-19616327

• Informative

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You are getting good advice, so I will just say welcome... To ECF. Don't give up quite yet, it's not supremely hard to figure out, and you have a regulated mod so as you experiment it will be more forgiving. With that said, knowing battery safety is important, so just keep at it until you feel you understand things better. Best of luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread