Mar 19, 2019
Hello, i would like to buy this electronic cigarette:
Some more details about The Precious are:
- Dimensions is 91mm X 21mm
- Variable Power based on Touch Surface
- Fail Safe and Heavy Duty Touch Sensor
- Under Voltage Protection of the Battery
- Venting holes for Increased Security
- Under 8 milliohm internal resistance Meaning no losses, Better than a Platinum plated switch "Better Vapor"(100 Milliohm Resistance) or Conventional Switches (100 Milliohm Resistance)
- Nickel plated Brass with Satin Finish (anti-slip)
- Takes 1 18650 Protected Battery for 3.7v vaping
- Takes 2 Lifepo4 CR123A 3v Batteries for 6v vaping
- 12 Months Warranty

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Some of the items in that description make it sound like a very old device (particularly the batteries) and some like a very new device (particularly the “touch surface variable power”) that could be just a button though.

The only device google can find for me named a “precious” is a really old mech. Dimensions imply that too. The most disturbing thing I’m noticing is the 21mm diameter. Most small atomizers these days are 22mm or larger. If it is a really old mech it may be old enough to predate standard atomizer sizing.

Really old mechs can be dangerous.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I m sure this device was produced, and i m willing to buy one at the second hand
Does anyone have one for sale?
Right, right...
Members must be verified to buy/sell or trade in the "Classifieds" section.
That forum here on ECF has been effectively closed for membership for almost a year.

I would check the German, French and Romanian vaping forums.

2010 is very long time ago in the vaping world.

Best of luck
I

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Ceased production, produced for a short time in small numbers due to problems with touch fire sensor, routinely misfired, ' fail safe ' never worked, making it possibly dangerous.
Troubles sourcing authentic & reliable protected 18650 batteries and true Lifepo4 CR123A 3v for its use make it even a bigger IF.

A very poor choice for something to use to vape with.
Just to have as an unused 'collector piece' sure why not, to use, no way.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello, i would like to buy this electronic cigarette:
Some more details about The Precious are:
- Dimensions is 91mm X 21mm
- Variable Power based on Touch Surface
- Fail Safe and Heavy Duty Touch Sensor
- Under Voltage Protection of the Battery
- Venting holes for Increased Security
- Under 8 milliohm internal resistance Meaning no losses, Better than a Platinum plated switch "Better Vapor"(100 Milliohm Resistance) or Conventional Switches (100 Milliohm Resistance)
- Nickel plated Brass with Satin Finish (anti-slip)
- Takes 1 18650 Protected Battery for 3.7v Vaping
- Takes 2 Lifepo4 CR123A 3v Batteries for 6v Vaping
- 12 Months Warranty

The above is a dangerous and unsafe mechanical mod.

You would prefer something of a better quality, that is being manufactured today.

Here's a nice regulated tube mod:

$43.62 Authentic Uwell Nunchaku 80W TC VW APV Mod - 5-80W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And another:

$39.93 Authentic Teslacigs Punk 86W VW APV Tube Mod - 7-86W / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And another:

$42.93 Authentic EHPRO 101 Pro 75W TC VW APV Mod - 5-75W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 1*18650/21700/20700 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Good luck..

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I would add to this reply the reason they are less safe now than they were then: battery technology changed. They’re more powerful now and they work somewhat differently. The result is safety systems needed to be changed, and that mod is designed for batteries that no longer exist.
Plus from reading the replies on this thread it wasn’t even very safe to start with. Something that sucked many years ago is unlikely to get better.

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
I would add to this reply the reason they are less safe now than they were then: battery technology changed. They’re more powerful now and they work somewhat differently. The result is safety systems needed to be changed, and that mod is designed for batteries that no longer exist.
Plus from reading the replies on this thread it wasn’t even very safe to start with. Something that sucked many years ago is unlikely to get better.
We don't know... This guy might be the Bobby Fischer of Mechanical Mods.

"My Precious" Get your own!

Precious things only become more valuable with time.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi Isabela and welcome :)

As others have suggested the 'precious' was an unsafe mech mod in its day and carries even more risk now with conventional battery technology.

If you're intent on getting one second hand for whatever reason i suggest you try a vape classified like the reddit one here...

E-cig Marketplace

How long have you been vaping?? :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Since why it's dangerous was already spelled out by other posters, I thought not to be too redundant but rather to reinforce what was already said, and then add some positive choices in vape gear that has a similar appearance (tube mod) but is far safer for a user.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread