New Member Needing Some Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisorientLove

Aug 16, 2019
Hi everyone!

New to the forums here, but not new to vaping. :) My name is Bethany. I do admit my knowledge is limited to what I know and like, but I have vaped for maybe 6 or so years now! Absolutely love my simple vape setup; being disabled really pushed me into quitting my long habit of smoking and into using e-cigarettes. Not to sound lazy, but it helps to get my fix without having to get out of bed, especially cause I tend to vape all day, since I am bedridden a lot of the time due to my chronic illnesses, lol. (I am one super anxiety and pain ridden girl, so smoking has always helped me calm down and also helps me keep my breathing calm.. It also helps calm down when my chronic pain gets bad! So many perks to quitting cigarettes!)

My main question is due to my battery. I am not a cloud chaser and really like the smaller batteries - more pen like but definitely more advanced than those "starter set" kind of pens sold at gas stations. I have faithfully used the Innokin iTaste VV line nearly since I started and I am heartbroken that my last battery broke. So.. now I am on the hunt for a similar one!

I am looking for something similar in looks, must have variable voltage, a good pull when you vape, decent battery life- especially between charges, and I really love the bottom charger with a USB cord (rather than the kind you unscrew to place the charger against the same place coils hit~). The display settings for the VV were a neat feature of these batteries, but I haven't seem them on many other batteries, more ones with the twist bottoms to change voltage,.. are they not a common thing to see on most VV batteries?

Also, I am loaded on coils that do *not* work with the 510 threading, only eGo, and quite a few of some Aspire BVC Clearomizer tanks.. so I would love a battery that doesn't put these items to waste as I just stocked up before my battery decided to off itself! Keeping a decent or lower ranged price would be amazing (perhaps $30 or so - even lower would be even more amazing!) cause well, living off of disability payments leads to not having tons of spare cash, haha.

Thank you to anyone who can help me out! :) Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying a good vape!

P.S. I am always looking for cheap vape juice as well that has a great flavor. Vista Vapors is one of my top shops since I love sweet flavors like candy and fruits along with their price point being killer affordable.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ok, trying to collect needs here. Things you want:

1: ego threading
2: small size MTL device.
3: in device charging
4: VV features

1) ego threading- they make 510-ego adapters. You may need to buy some. Ego threading basically no longer exists. Luckily they’re cheap.

2) small device- basically any single battery device will work for you I think.

3) in device battery charging- this is another very common feature. Usually via microUSB2. Such ports tend to be quite fragile though. USBC is better if you can get it.

4) another very common feature. The buttons can be small though. Do you have manual dexterity issues?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hi everyone!

New to the forums here, but not new to vaping. :) My name is Bethany. I do admit my knowledge is limited to what I know and like, but I have vaped for maybe 6 or so years now! Absolutely love my simple vape setup; being disabled really pushed me into quitting my long habit of smoking and into using e-cigarettes. Not to sound lazy, but it helps to get my fix without having to get out of bed, especially cause I tend to vape all day, since I am bedridden a lot of the time due to my chronic illnesses, lol. (I am one super anxiety and pain ridden girl, so smoking has always helped me calm down and also helps me keep my breathing calm.. It also helps calm down when my chronic pain gets bad! So many perks to quitting cigarettes!)

My main question is due to my battery. I am not a cloud chaser and really like the smaller batteries - more pen like but definitely more advanced than those "starter set" kind of pens sold at gas stations. I have faithfully used the Innokin iTaste VV line nearly since I started and I am heartbroken that my last battery broke. So.. now I am on the hunt for a similar one!

I am looking for something similar in looks, must have variable voltage, a good pull when you vape, decent battery life- especially between charges, and I really love the bottom charger with a USB cord (rather than the kind you unscrew to place the charger against the same place coils hit~). The display settings for the VV were a neat feature of these batteries, but I haven't seem them on many other batteries, more ones with the twist bottoms to change voltage,.. are they not a common thing to see on most VV batteries?

Also, I am loaded on coils that do *not* work with the 510 threading, only eGo, and quite a few of some Aspire BVC Clearomizer tanks.. so I would love a battery that doesn't put these items to waste as I just stocked up before my battery decided to off itself! Keeping a decent or lower ranged price would be amazing (perhaps $30 or so - even lower would be even more amazing!) cause well, living off of disability payments leads to not having tons of spare cash, haha.

Thank you to anyone who can help me out! :) Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying a good vape!

P.S. I am always looking for cheap vape juice as well that has a great flavor. Vista Vapors is one of my top shops since I love sweet flavors like candy and fruits along with their price point being killer affordable.
You can get an ego adapter for a couple dollars that will allow you to use all your existing coils on newer 510 devices. Then, the sky's the limit on what you can use...

Consider the Uwell Nunchaku. It's a single 18650 "pen" or tube mod capable of up to 80 watts, charges via USB if desired, or can take replaceable cells so you can swap batteries out, charging one in an external charger while using the other.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Hi everyone!

Jus' FYI .. I use or have several mod./pod devices my fav is the vaporesso luxe nano 80W + aspire nautilus mini tank 1.8 coil, I only vape 'round 14-15 W & vape or inhale slowly & my coils & juice for example jus' 1 last me a month or lit' more, that set-up was over $100 but its been worth it cause of the savings i get from low coil buying, it amazes myself how long the coils do last & the flavor still remains is jus' 1 option for u ...There're alot of grr8 refillable pod devices out & inexpensive but to numerous to name them all, when I'm out shopping etc. I jus' grab 1 my pod devices & I'm out the door no-fuss-no-muss & the e-liquid I vape/inhale I do slowly 'cause it saves on ur refillable pod & will last a week or so longer ! ... Happy Vapin' To U & Whatever Device U Find & Welcome !

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ego threaded devices are becoming hard to find. They are considered "old technology" and have for the most part become "discontinued" items. May be time to move on to the modern world.

There are a great variety of battery devices (510 threaded) and juice delivery devices (also 510 threaded). Pods (self contained setups) and "mod" battery setups that have either internal (non-removable) or external (removeable replaceable) batteries. Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

I would recommend something like below. They are very similar to your MVP.

You can mix and match different tanks with different mods, no problem. All three starter setups above can be purchased for under $60, probably less.

I get many of my commercial e-liquids from either My Vapor Store or Element Vape. They both have literally hundreds of different flavors available at a competitive price.

If you think you'd prefer a pod setup, I recommend
Geekvape Bident dual coil Pod System Review

Last edited:
Reactions: vicsch

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@DisorientLove - Hi Bethany! I'll PM you to see if I can help you out. Just look at the top right of the page, where it shows INBOX, and it will show a 1 there when I've sent the message. Just click the link that will appear, and it'll take you to my message.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Ego threaded devices are becoming hard to find. They are considered "old technology" and have for the most part become "discontinued" items. May be time to move on to the modern world.

There are a great variety of battery devices (510 threaded) and juice delivery devices (also 510 threaded). Pods (self contained setups) and "mod" battery setups that have either internal (non-removable) or external (removeable replaceable) batteries. Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

I would recommend something like below. They are very similar to your MVP.

You can mix and match different tanks with different mods, no problem. All three starter setups above can be purchased for under $60, probably less.

I get many of my commercial e-liquids from either My Vapor Store or Element Vape. They both have literally hundreds of different flavors available at a competitive price.

If you think you'd prefer a pod setup, I recommend
Geekvape Bident dual coil Pod System Review

I guess the new lady thats requesting the info disappeared on us, she's only posted that I message, hope I didn't scare her off ! ... lol

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
She hasn't been using an MVP though. The iTaste vv batteries are much smaller, square shaped, very lightweight batteries...that are kind of pen like. :)
You are correct, my mistake. I knew that. I know the difference but when I read iTaste VV my mind thought iTaste MVP. :facepalm:

I admittedly have a bias against the smaller setups because of their limited battery time per charge. I've had much more success with the larger battery setups, so I naturally recommend those more often.

• Love
Reactions: vicsch

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I guess the new lady thats requesting the info disappeared on us, she's only posted that I message, hope I didn't scare her off ! ... lol
That seems to happen frequently here (disappearing after posting a question). You didn't scare her off. I didn't scare you off with my fear mongering of exploding batteries, did I? ;)

Hopefully she'll be back later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread