Status
Not open for further replies.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
My Provaris got together and had a Mini! :D It has its mom's (or dad's, I can't tell who's who) blue LED eyes.

12712311604_e640b2d4a7.jpg

(It's a satin silver under the teal wrap.)

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I do! I have a vinyl cutter and made a template, so first thing I did when I got home was pick a color. :)

I prefer using fabric, I like the feel better. I haven't wrapped anything in awhile though, I love Serenity sleeves and they are too tight to go over a wrap.

Oh no... you're supposed to name them? 8-o

Well, yeah, otherwise they start responding to "Hey you" and the neighbors begin to question your parenting abilities. You want your new Provari to grow up to be a confident, self-assured fog machine some day, don't you?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Do you seal or laminate the fabric with anything? My cutter will also cut fabric - that's not a bad thought at all. :)

No. I found that the precut cotton quilting squares work great. I think the last one I made lasted about 3-4 months before I took it off. You could put a cover over it though. Clear vinyl adhesive shelf liner works very well.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Well, yeah, otherwise they start responding to "Hey you" and the neighbors begin to question your parenting abilities. You want your new Provari to grow up to be a confident, self-assured fog machine some day, don't you?

Otherwise she might start hanging around with the Vemos.

Oh gosh yes! All of my mods have names, even the little 650mAh standard eGo: Binky.

You. This. Awesome. Thread. Win.

My current go-to is always named Matilda, so I can say I'm going to go waltz with Matilda. I like yours better. Backups don't have names until they promote to primaries.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
So the ProVape brand wraps when applied still show the tear drops...thats awesome, I thought for sure when you put one of those wraps on it you wouldnt be able to read the ProVape or the tear drop/crop circles. Might just have to order one of those once I get tired of looking at my black/red hybrid color

I'm not sure if the Provape ones do or not. The vinyl I use is an indoor/outdoor vinyl rated for 6 years outside - the kind you'd put on cars. In order to get it to conform to the designs I use a pin to put a tiny pinprick in the drops/channels, then push the air out toward the holes with an eraser or blunt stylus. Takes a couple of minutes but you only have to do it once and I'm kind of OCD like that. :) The pinpricks don't show, it's largely self-healing when that small.

Here are my other two (full size) where I did the same thing:

12713063154_108fce8681.jpg

So if the Provape ones don't conform, just use a needle and an eraser if you want the design to really show up.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Lol your ocd really shows in the PERFECT placement of those vinyls! Seriously their is not a single flaw it all fits and looks perfect! GREAT job on that!

Thanks! It took me a bit to get the template right but I used contact (shelf) paper instead of vinyl til I had it - much cheaper than wasting good vinyl. :) It's great being able to just cut whatever color I want (at a cost of about 15 cents per wrap), knowing I can just change my mind when I get bored of it. If I had to pay retail I'd have major analysis paralysis deciding which color to buy because of the cost; the profit margin on wraps is pretty outrageous.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Those do look great!
And that, I think, is a better red than a red ProVari!
I'm not sure if the Provape ones do or not. The vinyl I use is an indoor/outdoor vinyl rated for 6 years outside - the kind you'd put on cars. In order to get it to conform to the designs I use a pin to put a tiny pinprick in the drops/channels, then push the air out toward the holes with an eraser or blunt stylus. Takes a couple of minutes but you only have to do it once and I'm kind of OCD like that. :) The pinpricks don't show, it's largely self-healing when that small.

Here are my other two (full size) where I did the same thing:

12713063154_108fce8681.jpg

So if the Provape ones don't conform, just use a needle and an eraser if you want the design to really show up.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks! It took me a bit to get the template right but I used contact (shelf) paper instead of vinyl til I had it - much cheaper than wasting good vinyl. :) It's great being able to just cut whatever color I want (at a cost of about 15 cents per wrap), knowing I can just change my mind when I get bored of it. If I had to pay retail I'd have major analysis paralysis deciding which color to buy because of the cost; the profit margin on wraps is pretty outrageous.

Ah, you know about the shelf liner. I never tried good quality vinyl, I have so many fabric scraps around I started with that. You do very nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread