New member saying hello and have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
Hello everybody! My name is Charlene and I have been vaping for three months now. I have been reading this forum for about a month. Always such great information. I look forward to getting to know all of you :)

I do have a question...

Do all glassomizers and clearomizers tend to mute the taste of the e-juice?

The reason I am asking is because I started out using Blu, then switched over to an eGo C (1000mah) with an Aspire BDC glassomizer (2.1 ohm atty). I have also dripped with the eGo C battery and a 510 atty (lots of great taste) and I have a Vaper Zeus (900 mah) with the Smileomizers (also great taste). For some reason the Aspire BDC glassomizer doesn't give me much flavor at all.

I don't know if it's me doing something wrong or what. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Twicehorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Dallas
That's strange. I have found the Aspires to be pretty good. However, although I havent really experienced it, quality control on aspire bdc coil heads seems to be hit or miss. \\

One tip on the Aspires: put a drop of juice in the hole in the top of the coil. That will get it feeding fast and prevent a dry burn that may gunk it up, temporarily or permanently.

But as a general rule, it seems that the more "stuff" between the juice and the coil (long wicks, channels, etc. etc.) the more muted the flavor.

Twicehorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Dallas
I forget what the problems were, but the first batch of Aspire coils had four holes around the circumference and they were not good. The newer ones that seem to have fewer problems have two.

Most of the QC problems I hear about are resistance (ohms) that doesn't match the "label." I dont really consider that a big deal on _________omizers. The only problem I have had is one that was short on the contact end. Had to pull the ... end out a little. Ive been through about 8-10 of them.

I have heard that cartomizers have pretty good flavor, but they were going kind of passe when I started up a few months ago and I have never used one . The Aspire has been among the best for flavor, draw and vapor production of the various pre-assembled coil contraptions (tanks, _____omizers, pick your term) that I have used.

I am quite fond of the Aspire and hope it resolves for you. For me, it compares very favorably to a cotton-wicked 1.2 ohm russian 91, which usually gets pretty good marks

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello everybody! My name is Charlene and I have been vaping for three months now. I have been reading this forum for about a month. Always such great information. I look forward to getting to know all of you :)

I do have a question...

Do all glassomizers and clearomizers tend to mute the taste of the e-juice?

The reason I am asking is because I started out using Blu, then switched over to an eGo C (1000mah) with an Aspire BDC glassomizer (2.1 ohm atty). I have also dripped with the eGo C battery and a 510 atty (lots of great taste) and I have a Vaper Zeus (900 mah) with the Smileomizers (also great taste). For some reason the Aspire BDC glassomizer doesn't give me much flavor at all.

I don't know if it's me doing something wrong or what. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Those BDC are Dual coils, and dual coils need more POWER to get the coil temperature up enough.

You need a more powerfull power source.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
atisa, Welcome to ECF......from North Carolina!

I've been vaping since late November & I can attest that most e-juices will taste & hit differently when used in varying devices. Some that are flavorful in one may taste weak in another. The ohms of your coil also comes into play, you'll get a better hit at 1.8-2.0 ohms than 2.5.

Too, those small ego batteries can only deliver so much. There are larger ego devices, in the 1300mah range & also variable voltages ones, you really need a better battery for the best possible experience.

You may even want to consider a mod someday, however as I noted above, there are decent ego devices, should you prefer these.

Being that you're from here, there's a really good place that has the best e-juices, all homemade. My favorites are their 11O'Clock Coffee & French Vanilla Deluxe. All of their products aren't listed, just email them & request the 11O'Clock Coffee if interested.

e-Juice | Product Categories | Lunar Vapor

This is my main supplier & personal distributor & can vouch that the quality is there. Plus no cologne or perfume added.

We're here for you at ECF!:toast:

All the Best,
Cat

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
I personally believe that silica (used in all clearomizers) is not as good a flavor carrier as cotton or polyfill (cartomizer wick).

Thank you Baditude for that information. The silica just might possibly be the problem with the muted taste I am experiencing. I never knew that was what the wick was made out of.

oy vey, still so very much to learn. :ohmy:

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
atisa, Welcome to ECF......from North Carolina!

I've been vaping since late November & I can attest that most e-juices will taste & hit differently when used in varying devices. Some that are flavorful in one may taste weak in another. The ohms of your coil also comes into play, you'll get a better hit at 1.8-2.0 ohms than 2.5.

Too, those small ego batteries can only deliver so much. There are larger ego devices, in the 1300mah range & also variable voltages ones, you really need a better battery for the best possible experience.

You may even want to consider a mod someday, however as I noted above, there are decent ego devices, should you prefer these.

Being that you're from here, there's a really good place that has the best e-juices, all homemade. My favorites are their 11O'Clock Coffee & French Vanilla Deluxe. All of their products aren't listed, just email them & request the 11O'Clock Coffee if interested.

e-Juice | Product Categories | Lunar Vapor

This is my main supplier & personal distributor & can vouch that the quality is there. Plus no cologne or perfume added.

We're here for you at ECF!:toast:

All the Best,
Cat

Thank you catilley1092. I have been looking at a 1300 mAh vv battery and will be buying one soon for sure. I'm really electro-technically challenged. All the ohm, mAh, watts, volts stuff makes my head spin whenever I try to understand how they work together. Now if it were combustion, compression, pistons, cylinders and the like then I might better understand... hahaha.

I'll have to check out Lunar Vapor. I've been purchasing from My Freedom Smokes lately. I like to try and support home state businesses... but I am open to out of state ones too, if for no other reason than more choices. I am just recently dipping my toes into the diy juice waters. Really enjoying that part so far.

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
before i started using drippers i thought cartotanks were the best flavor i could get and going from a cartotank to a clearo/glasso i did notice a little less flavor from them i definitely agree with baditude in the silica reasoning

Thank you bigrf85. I'm glad to be finding out I am not alone with this taste problem.

Everyone here have been so helpful! Thank you all!!

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
The eGo Twist and Spinners go up to about 4.2 volts I believe. I haven't looked at our used mine in a very long time. I generally recommend them for first variable voltage batteries.

You can also look at the Vamo, they are not bad. That was my next step up.

Ultimately, I would recommend a Provari.

Thanks Tepid. I have been looking at both the eGo twist and the Spinners. I haven't been able to make up my mind between the two yet. Oh My, so many choices... my wallet has started hiding whenever I get near the computer... lol.

At this point in my newbieness, the Provari still kind of scares me. I do not know near enough to put on my big girl pants yet. It is pretty and shiny, and my eyes do light up when I look at it. But for right now I think I better sit on my hands and learn a whole lot more before I even think about getting one of those.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks edyle. Can you recommend something more powerful (preferably not modded) please?

Not modded?

Best bang for the buck in batteries is the itaste mvp2; perfect for dual coils too, because it starts at ... I think it's 6 watts maybe 7.

Can be found for $40 if you shop around.
try 101vapes.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks Tepid. I have been looking at both the eGo twist and the Spinners. I haven't been able to make up my mind between the two yet. Oh My, so many choices... my wallet has started hiding whenever I get near the computer... lol.

At this point in my newbieness, the Provari still kind of scares me. I do not know near enough to put on my big girl pants yet. It is pretty and shiny, and my eyes do light up when I look at it. But for right now I think I better sit on my hands and learn a whole lot more before I even think about getting one of those.

If you look at the twist and spinners, I recommend instead the itaste vv v3 or the ego v3 mega because of the VW control instead of having only VV control.

The vv v3 is the little brother to the mvp2.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
+1..What Baditude said, pure and simple, it is the wick material used...Now if you are adventurous you can gently pull out the silca and replace it with cotton. Use just enough cotton to get it through the coil and not damage it and long enough to be in the juice.

Tip..when pulling out the silica, twist it tight so the diameter gets smaller then pull it out. Same for the cotton, it will swell up once soaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread