new member says hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methodius

Verified Member
Jul 3, 2017
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone,

I've read so many posts on this forum that eventually I just decided to sign up and contribute and learn as part of the community. Thank you for having me.

I started vaping about one year ago after smoking roll-ups for 16 years. 16 years... I never thought that I'd stick with the habit so long. I think I was always more in love with the image of smoking than the reality. It would always be a satisfying first hit... followed by the usual waves of nausea, dizziness and oftentimes, regret.

I'd seen people using electronic cigarettes before but I was never really curious enough to find out more about them. It wasn't until I was on a trip to the UK and I saw just how many people were doing it that I decided to try it out for myself.

Well, it's been about a year now and the transition was immediate. I got lucky perhaps, with a decent vape pen, a good, hard-hitting e-liquid, and that slight Bladerunner feeling. Seriously, a USB-rechargeable nicotine delivery device? Sometimes it really does feel like we're living in the future.

These days, I like to keep things varied. I swing between a couple of RDAs, RDTAs, and I recently started experimenting with building on mech mods. I'm the kind of person who likes to tinker, and so the aspect of building my own coils and figuring out battery safety really appeals to me.

Once again, thanks for having me and I hope this can be the start of many more conversations with members on this forum.

M

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Methodius, welcome, and congrats on quitting rollies... That habit can be a hard one to break, they can be pretty potent. Congrats! I love your Bladerunner analogy, and it is fun living in the future, LOL. I always pick up my device, and remember how much a freaking tin of American Spirit tobacco cost (even on the reservations around here), though we used an injector machine, but I just like to imagine all the tobacco NOT smoked by me, at this point. It's amazing!

Hope you enjoy it here, and I'm sure you'll have much wisdom to give (and recieve) :)

Anna

Methodius

Verified Member
Jul 3, 2017
www.youtube.com
Methodius, welcome, and congrats on quitting rollies... That habit can be a hard one to break, they can be pretty potent. Congrats! I love your Bladerunner analogy, and it is fun living in the future, LOL. I always pick up my device, and remember how much a freaking tin of American Spirit tobacco cost (even on the reservations around here), though we used an injector machine, but I just like to imagine all the tobacco NOT smoked by me, at this point. It's amazing!

Hope you enjoy it here, and I'm sure you'll have much wisdom to give (and recieve) :)

Anna

Hey Anna, thanks for the nice reply. Perhaps the only thing worse than the high prices on tobacco and cigarettes in some countries is just how cheap they are in others. When a packet costs $1 it's even harder to quit, I'm not sure which is worse. But in any case I'm convinced that vaping is much better harm reduction than high taxes on cigs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I do think the high prices are *worse* in the sense that every county, city, state, and the Feds can tax it to the max, and fortunately I *refuse* to really compare costs though I'm pretty sure it's cheaper (recent 4th of July purchases and getting ready for DIY exempted) but overall, it should be cheaper in the end.... At least around here.

When I went to Costa Rica there were all these places selling cigarettes by the piece.... They weren't that expensive, (to me as a tourist) but I was like, "Oh my, smoking cigarettes must be very different here." When I got my hands on some Russian marlboros once, (through the mail, prior to that becoming a scary thing to do) I was annoyed, I was like, "How is it that I can get these for X amount, and the tobacco is about 3 times better than USA Marlboros?" I guess they save all the good tobacco for places other than the US, LOL. I think it was around then that I stopped buying Marlboros forever....

Congrats on vaping! I'll pay a fair amount for a harm reduction device if I have to, and need to, but the savings are a nice bonus.

Anna

Stephen37

Moved On
Jul 4, 2017
Australia
  • Deleted by retired1

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
These days, I like to keep things varied. I swing between a couple of RDAs, RDTAs, and I recently started experimenting with building on mech mods. I'm the kind of person who likes to tinker, and so the aspect of building my own coils and figuring out battery safety really appeals to me.
M
Welcome and glad you joined.
I see you found RDA's, I believe the best flavor equipment in vaping, smart choice.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum

Stephen37

Moved On
Jul 4, 2017
Australia
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread