The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

new member says hi!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Methodius, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Methodius

Methodius Full Member Verified Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Hey everyone,

I've read so many posts on this forum that eventually I just decided to sign up and contribute and learn as part of the community. Thank you for having me.

I started vaping about one year ago after smoking roll-ups for 16 years. 16 years... I never thought that I'd stick with the habit so long. I think I was always more in love with the image of smoking than the reality. It would always be a satisfying first hit... followed by the usual waves of nausea, dizziness and oftentimes, regret.

I'd seen people using electronic cigarettes before but I was never really curious enough to find out more about them. It wasn't until I was on a trip to the UK and I saw just how many people were doing it that I decided to try it out for myself.

Well, it's been about a year now and the transition was immediate. I got lucky perhaps, with a decent vape pen, a good, hard-hitting e-liquid, and that slight Bladerunner feeling. Seriously, a USB-rechargeable nicotine delivery device? Sometimes it really does feel like we're living in the future.

These days, I like to keep things varied. I swing between a couple of RDAs, RDTAs, and I recently started experimenting with building on mech mods. I'm the kind of person who likes to tinker, and so the aspect of building my own coils and figuring out battery safety really appeals to me.

Once again, thanks for having me and I hope this can be the start of many more conversations with members on this forum.

M

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mike McVape

Mike McVape Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2017
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Welcome to the forum! Congrats on a year not smoking.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Methodius, welcome, and congrats on quitting rollies... That habit can be a hard one to break, they can be pretty potent. Congrats! I love your Bladerunner analogy, and it is fun living in the future, LOL. I always pick up my device, and remember how much a freaking tin of American Spirit tobacco cost (even on the reservations around here), though we used an injector machine, but I just like to imagine all the tobacco NOT smoked by me, at this point. It's amazing!

Hope you enjoy it here, and I'm sure you'll have much wisdom to give (and recieve) :)

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Welcome to ECF

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Welcome aboard buddy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Methodius

Methodius Full Member Verified Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Hey Anna, thanks for the nice reply. Perhaps the only thing worse than the high prices on tobacco and cigarettes in some countries is just how cheap they are in others. When a packet costs $1 it's even harder to quit, I'm not sure which is worse. But in any case I'm convinced that vaping is much better harm reduction than high taxes on cigs.

• Like Like x 4
  7. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congratulations, and welcome to ecf.

• Like Like x 2
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Well, I do think the high prices are *worse* in the sense that every county, city, state, and the Feds can tax it to the max, and fortunately I *refuse* to really compare costs though I'm pretty sure it's cheaper (recent 4th of July purchases and getting ready for DIY exempted) but overall, it should be cheaper in the end.... At least around here.

When I went to Costa Rica there were all these places selling cigarettes by the piece.... They weren't that expensive, (to me as a tourist) but I was like, "Oh my, smoking cigarettes must be very different here." When I got my hands on some Russian marlboros once, (through the mail, prior to that becoming a scary thing to do) I was annoyed, I was like, "How is it that I can get these for X amount, and the tobacco is about 3 times better than USA Marlboros?" I guess they save all the good tobacco for places other than the US, LOL. I think it was around then that I stopped buying Marlboros forever....

Congrats on vaping! I'll pay a fair amount for a harm reduction device if I have to, and need to, but the savings are a nice bonus.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  9. Stephen37
    This message by Stephen37 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 4, 2017.
    Jul 4, 2017
  10. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    I see you found RDA's, I believe the best flavor equipment in vaping, smart choice.
    Might like to read:
    Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
    2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
    (7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum

• Like Like x 3
  11. Stephen37
    This message by Stephen37 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 4, 2017.
    Jul 4, 2017
  12. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Welcome to the ECF Methodius.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010