New member - Sony VTC5 and VTC5A Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduardo Henrique

Jun 2, 2019
Hello guys, I recently bought sony batteries, but I have doubts about their authenticity. I removed the wrap from vtc5a and vtc5, the two are the same, I looked at the photos of the mooch in instagram, and they are different, can anyone help me? Sorry for my english, he's bad lol.

SONY VTC5A:
20190531_143914.jpg
20190531_143930.jpg
20190531_143938.jpg

SONY VTC5:
20190529_152211.jpg
20190529_152118.jpg

Attachments

• 20190531_144026.jpg
    20190531_144026.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 20190531_144039.jpg
    20190531_144039.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Markings are unreliable, generally. They’re easy to fake, and the manufacturers of good batteries don’t sell them retail so they don’t bother to create anti-forging systems.

The issue with fake batteries is it is impossible to see what is actually inside a battery or how old it is. “Premium” batteries are premium because they’re safer, hold more juice, and can deliver it faster more safely. So what you test are those things.

The standard thing to do is check their capacity and internal resistance. There are other tests but they require more and more expensive equipment. Frequently fake batteries are simply mislabeled low quality batteries. Something marked as 3000mah and is fake will frequently hold 2500mah or less.
Many rewrappers will also make up ridiculously inflated and false ratings for their batteries that have nothing to do with reality.
A battery with higher internal resistance will heat up faster and not be able to deliver the labeled amount of current safely, and will degrade quickly if it is exceeded making it more dangerous.

To do this you need a charger that tests such things. The problem is that chargers that have this ability tend to be uncommon and more expensive. As a result most people don’t have the ability to tell a premium battery from a low quality one and fakes abound. A thief can make a lot of money when they can sell a $3 battery no one wants for $8 by pretending it’s a better one that everyone wants.

The rules people have been using lately for best results:

1) buy only from known reliable resellers. @Mooch has a list.

completely ignore amazon, eBay, Walmart, and basically any shopping system where just about anyone from anywhere can simply set up a distribution channel. Also ignore anything that buys from these channels, including brick and mortar shops. Fake battery resellers can offer higher margins to shops than real battery sellers can, since the product they are selling has nearly no actual value. The pressure to resell these things is therefore very high, and many shops simply don’t have the equipment to do the testing themselves and are often duped by their supplier.

2) Get a charger with testing ability and test your batteries.

3). Read @Mooch
He has the equipment, tests the batteries and publishes the results. There’s a lot to read. Joining his Patreon keeps one up to date.

Eduardo Henrique

Jun 2, 2019
[QUOTE = "bombastinator, post: 21826945, member: 43994"] As marcações não são confiáveis, geralmente. Eles são fáceis de falsificar, e os fabricantes de boas baterias não os vendem no varejo para não se incomodarem em criar sistemas anti-forjamento.

O problema com as baterias falsas é que é impossível ver o que está dentro da bateria ou qual é a sua idade. As baterias “Premium” são premium porque são mais seguras, contêm mais suco e podem entregá-lo com mais rapidez e segurança. Então, o que você testa são essas coisas.

O padrão a ser feito é verificar sua capacidade e resistência interna. Existem outros testes, mas eles exigem equipamentos cada vez mais caros. Baterias freqüentemente falsas são baterias de baixa qualidade simplesmente rotuladas erroneamente. Algo marcado como 3000mah e é falso, com frequência manterá 2500mah ou menos.
Muitos rewrappers também compõem avaliações ridiculamente infladas e falsas para suas baterias que não têm nada a ver com a realidade.
Uma bateria com maior resistência interna aquecerá mais rápido e não poderá fornecer a quantidade rotulada de corrente com segurança, e degradará rapidamente se for excedida, tornando-a mais perigosa.

Para fazer isso, você precisa de um carregador que teste essas coisas. O problema é que os carregadores com essa capacidade tendem a ser incomuns e mais caros. Como resultado, a maioria das pessoas não tem a capacidade de distinguir uma bateria premium de uma de baixa qualidade e as falsificações são abundantes. Um ladrão pode ganhar muito dinheiro quando consegue vender uma bateria de US $ 3 que ninguém quer por US $ 8 fingindo que é uma melhor que todo mundo quer.

As regras que as pessoas vêm usando ultimamente para obter melhores resultados:

1) compre apenas de revendedores confiáveis conhecidos. [USER = 256958] @Mooch [/ USER] tem uma lista.

ignore completamente o Amazon, o eBay, o Walmart e, basicamente, qualquer sistema de compras, onde praticamente qualquer pessoa de qualquer lugar pode simplesmente configurar um canal de distribuição. Ignore também qualquer coisa que compre desses canais, incluindo lojas de tijolo e argamassa. Os revendedores de baterias falsas podem oferecer margens maiores às lojas do que os vendedores de baterias reais, já que o produto que estão vendendo não tem praticamente nenhum valor real. A pressão para revender essas coisas é, portanto, muito alta, e muitas lojas simplesmente não têm o equipamento para fazer o teste e são frequentemente enganadas pelo seu fornecedor.

2) Obter um carregador com capacidade de teste e testar suas baterias.

3). Leia [USER = 256958] @Mooch [/ USER]
Ele tem o equipamento, testa as baterias e publica os resultados. Há muito a ler. Juntar-se ao Patreon mantém um atualizado. [/ QUOTE]

Thank you very much, my friend, I'm monitoring her charging capacity on my charger. I'm going to read all mooch publications on batteries.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
No one will be able to say for certain if they are real or counterfeit from pictures.

From your pictures, I see nothing that would lead me to believe they are counterfeit cells.
To me, they appear to be legit from their Singapore plant.

I would use them with no reservations.

Eduardo Henrique

Jun 2, 2019
No one will be able to say for certain if they are real or counterfeit from pictures.

From your pictures, I see nothing that would lead me to believe they are counterfeit cells.
To me, they appear to be legit from their Singapore plant.

I would use them with no reservations.

thanks, I'm waiting for the first load to see what the capacity will be.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Hello Eduardo. I'm in Brazil, too. Which store did you buy your batteries? We have very good online stories here, like CWB and Vape & Prosper (both I bought stuff, yet), so we have no need to buy in doubtful stories. But, looking only at your images, your batteries seen to be legit.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hello guys, I recently bought sony batteries, but I have doubts about their authenticity. I removed the wrap from vtc5a and vtc5, the two are the same, I looked at the photos of the mooch in instagram, and they are different, can anyone help me? Sorry for my english, he's bad lol.

SONY VTC5A:
    View attachment 818805 View attachment 818807 View attachment 818809

SONY VTC5:
    View attachment 818817 View attachment 818815

I’ve never seen a genuine VTC5A with those four radial score lines on the venting disk under the top contact. The VTC5’s I’ve seen do have the score lines though.

That doesn’t guarantee there aren’t VTC5A’s with the score lines though. Testing is the only way to know for sure. In my opinion testing just capacity won’t tell you whether one of those is a VTC5A though as the VTC5 and VTC5A are too close in capacity to tell them apart that way.

Eduardo Henrique

Jun 2, 2019
    Hello Eduardo. I'm in Brazil, too. Which store did you buy your batteries? We have very good online stories here, like CWB and Vape & Prosper (both I bought stuff, yet), so we have no need to buy in doubtful stories. But, looking only at your images, your batteries seen to be legit.

Thanks bro,
    The VTC5A was out of stock at these two stores.

I bought it at DLS VAPE STORE and the B-SIDE SPECIAL BLENDS

Eduardo Henrique

Jun 2, 2019
    I’ve never seen a genuine VTC5A with those four radial score lines on the venting disk under the top contact. The VTC5’s I’ve seen do have the score lines though.

That doesn’t guarantee there aren’t VTC5A’s with the score lines though. Testing is the only way to know for sure. In my opinion testing just capacity won’t tell you whether one of those is a VTC5A though as the VTC5 and VTC5A are too close in capacity to tell them apart that way.

which left me with doubts, I saw their photos in the instagram and realized this difference, looking like a vtc5 instead of a vtc5a.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

I will try to use them, which left me thinking if they are false are the lines that they have, as the vtc5.
    Yep...that's the most likely thing not fake but mislabelled but as @Mooch said just because he hasn't seen a VTC 5A with the same markings it doesn't mean there aren't any.

Happy vaping :)

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Yep...that's the most likely thing not fake but mislabelled but as @Mooch said just because he hasn't seen a VTC 5A with the same markings it doesn't mean there aren't any.

Happy vaping :)

If it’s mislabeled it’s a fake as that would not be done by Sony/Murata. :)
    I’m 99.99% sure they’re fake. There’s just no way for me to prove it from here.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    If it’s mislabeled it’s a fake as that would not be done by Sony/Murata. :)
    I’m 99.99% sure they’re fake. There’s just no way for me to prove it from here.
    Ok....hopefully the op can report back on performance when he's used them for a bit :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have no clue. I'd probably do better with a tarot card reading on your batteries than by looking at them.

At this point, I'm just glad I'm in a country where I can In My Battery Trust Store, and not have to peel off the wraps and study the odd numerology involved and etc.

Good luck with them. Counterfeit or genuine.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread