• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New member to e cig world

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock83

Jan 3, 2013
canada
Hi everyone,

Had a few questions/requests,

1. Are there replacement cartomizers that can be bought for the apollo standard kit in canada?
2. Can someone send me a list of the top e juice vendors in canada (PM)
3. Can the cartomizers that come with the standard apollo kit be refilled?
4. Does anyone have a suggestion for an ejuice that best replicates the tobacco taste/flavor?
5. Are there any suggestions for flavored e juices for a new member to the e cig world?
6. What type of mods can be purchased from a canadian vendor for an apollo standard kit?

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for any suggestions you may have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope I can have success like so many other members on this form and get away from traditional cigarettes!!!!!!!

Hope to hear from you all real soon!!!!!

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
1: Not likely. The apollo looks to use a proprietary threading so they can lock you into using their brand. They sell an adapter to use it with a standard 510 connection, but they're banking on the fact that people won't want an extra bit of length for no good reason, something else to fiddle with, and the added expense of buying their proprietary adapter..

3: Yes, all cartomizers can be refilled, at least a couple of times. There's plenty of youtube lore about refilling cartos. If the white plastic nubbins at the mouth end are stubborn, just be more stubborn than they are.

5: Try Rawr and myfreedomsmokes. Both have some really yummy stuff!

I don't know about canadian vendors, so I have no answers for those questions. Is there some sort of duty or fee at the boarder?

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hi everyone,

Had a few questions/requests,

1. Are there replacement cartomizers that can be bought for the apollo standard kit in canada?
2. Can someone send me a list of the top e juice vendors in canada (PM)
3. Can the cartomizers that come with the standard apollo kit be refilled?
4. Does anyone have a suggestion for an ejuice that best replicates the tobacco taste/flavor?
5. Are there any suggestions for flavored e juices for a new member to the e cig world?
6. What type of mods can be purchased from a canadian vendor for an apollo standard kit?

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for any suggestions you may have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope I can have success like so many other members on this form and get away from traditional cigarettes!!!!!!!

Hope to hear from you all real soon!!!!!

Welcome to the ECF and the Canadian sub-forum. :)

1. Short answer; No. Long Answer; I spent ages researching and talking to their support and they used a 4081 connection, so you can get an adapter to 808 or 510, but it's not worth it; Best Answer; Give up on the Apollo kit. :p Here is the thread; http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/318686-advise-newbie.html
2. There is no "top" e-liquid vendors that I know of as everyone has a difference preference. Have you posted in this thread; http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a-82.html ?
3. I can't say for sure, but I would assume they could be. Depending on the quality of the cartomizer, it depends how many times before it starts tasting awful and/or working terribly.
4. Not really, most people say most tobaccos will taste the way cigarettes smell at best and you won't ever get a burning tobacco taste. I found I had to get strong tobaccos mixed with cigars to get a nasty enough flavour personally.
5. That's different for different people, some people go go straight to vaping the sugariest candy flavour and not have a craving for a cigarette, but it's also common for people to want strong tobaccos and stick with tobaccos or slowly change their tastes towards other things. I would suggest a lot of samples of different types of juices to start.
6. Mods ? Apollo ? :p As far as I know Apollo is just a cheapo (quality wise) kit, that is resold for more than it's worth, but I *may* be biased. I would personally suggest spending as little money as possible on the Apollo stuff and go for a Redds Kits from happyvaper or the Joyetech eRoll if you want something cigarette sized. If you want something bigger go for the Ego twist and a Vivi or Kanger T2 clearomizer.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread