The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New member, veteran vaper!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Swboats, May 4, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Swboats

Swboats Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Hello all! Swboats here! Analog cigarette smoker for 20 years, vaper for 9 years. Back in 2011, I walked into my local tobacco shop where I bought all of my tobacco and tunes. I had been rolling my own analog cigarettes for a few years. I actually really liked rolling my own. I rolled Gambler Gold tobacco in Gambler filter tubes using an absolutely awesome Premier Supermatic machine.

Every time I went into that store, however, I was completely fascinated by the little Cig2o e-cig kit. So, on that day in 2011 I decided to buy the kit and see what e-cigs were all about. They hadn't been around very long, at least not in my little town. And they certainly weren't popular. But I figured, what the hell, it's only $12. I brought the kit home, took heat from my (now) ex-wife for "blowing money on something stupid." After charging it, I screwed on a cartridge and took a normal puff. Boy was I surprised! It had throat bump, it tasted great, and it was a very pleasant experience! I can remember using it the rest of that day, completely amazed that I wasn't having any craving for a real cigarette. Later, when I went to bed, I realized that I could smoke in my bedroom because there was no smell at all! The next morning I woke up, took a few puffs, and I even got a bit of a buzz off of it! I continued using my little Cig2o kit that day, only stopping to recharge it. I went out the next day and bought several packs of cartridges. I was hooked. I never smoked another cigarette again.

I did run through the flavors they had. It ended up that my favorite was "Gold Tobacco." Two years later we moved from Indiana to Oregon. I found another local tobacco shop that sold the cartridges. I did begin to notice that I was going through them much faster than I was before. It was at that point that I decided to look into a refillable tank system. Enter the Vision Spinner variable voltage 510 thread vape pen. I paired it with whatever cheap refillable clearomizer I could find. Of course, clearomizers can get expensive as well, so I started researching. I ended up getting the Aspire Nautilus tank in 2015. This was a big deal, because it held a lot of juice and all I needed to buy were coils and juice! Later that year, I upgraded my Vision Spinners to the Aspire CF Mod 18650. I was finally able to get the taste and the entire experience to a much higher level.

About 2 months ago, I began looking at my seven inch long monster rig and noticed that everyone else was using Pod AIO systems. The search was on once again. Being a huge fan of Aspire, I went with the Nautilus AIO, because I already had a TON of BVC coils that could be used in their new Nautilus pod system. I'm so happy with my setup now. It is absolutely perfect for me.

Unfortunately, I'm now facing the biggest issue I've ever had with vaping. You see, when I went to a tank system, I began buying Cig2o juice, in my favorite "Gold Tobacco" flavor that I've been using, and loving, since 2011. No other juice has come close to making me want to switch and I've tried a BUNCH! So now, Vapage has been out of the Cig2o/Vapage (both are exactly alike) e-liquid for a couple of months now. I have run out and I can't find it anywhere. I've tried several different brands and I just can't find anything that I like. I even looked up the top tobacco flavor e-liquid for 2020 and tried almost all of them. Still, I've found nothing that I like. I read somewhere that the Cig2o/Vapage juice is just a generic Chinese mass manufactured liquid, but I'll be damned if I can find any that taste the same. So, if anyone knows more about it than I do, please let me know! I look forward to many conversation in this forum!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
  2. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Don't know that juice but got a sample/welcome pack from Vape Wild and was very impressed by their Gold Label.Give that one a shot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Cloud-FF7

Cloud-FF7 Super Member

Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Welcome to ECF :)

Wish i could help you with the e-liquid problem but i get me DIY stuff from a local spanish website,sorry i can't help,maybe someone around can hook you up with a website where they sell what you looking for ECF NEW MEMBERS WELCOME..jpg .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2009
    Nor'Eastern PA
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to ECF, Swboats.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Aliraonz

Aliraonz Super Member

Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Welcome to ECF :). As said above someone who knows their tobacco juice will be able to help ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. jwbnyc

jwbnyc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Welcome to ECF.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    • Like Like x 4
  9. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Personally, I like their Wrangler better but Gold Label might be closer to what you liked before (I would get both)
    Last time I checked they don't offer the welcome deal anymore.
    OK wrangler is out of stock but they have gold label:
    Gold Label
    Unfortunately, most of their flavors are out of stock... was aslo going to recommend RY4life but no go.

• Like Like x 3
  10. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RuiG

RuiG Super Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    Welcome to ECF and thank you for the great post :thumbs:

I really cannot help with tobacco liquids.

The only thing I can share is a link I actually have in my android's favourites:
    www.real-tobacco-extract.com

Stay safe.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Izzy Parker

Izzy Parker New Member

May 4, 2020
    Welcome to ECF!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Swboats

Swboats Full Member

May 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Swboats

Swboats Full Member

May 4, 2020
    I bought a bottle of Black Note Virginia AND ordered their 8 bottle tobacco sample pack. I thought they were terrible! The cost isn't an issue, I just want the same taste. As an update, I received two in the mail today that are pretty darn close! I've got 3 more coming from different vendors. I think I'm on the right track finally! Thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Swboats

Swboats Full Member

May 4, 2020
    I looked them up per your suggestion. Unfortunately, they only go up to 12mg nicotine. I've been using 24mg, and occasionally 18 if the 24 is out of stock.

16. PeterKay

PeterKay Super Member

Hi, nice to meet you. And I thought that my entrance post was long, I was so wrong :D

Unfortunately I cannot help you with the juice you're looking for so I'll leave it to others. I have an advice however: If you finally manage to find it, buy large quantity, since it's availability is limited, and freeze it all. Juices go off after some time when kept in room temperature and I'm very confident that they go off even faster when also exposed to light. But the freezer is going to extend the shelf life dramatically and not many people ever talk about it. Good luck with hunting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. PeterKay

PeterKay Super Member

Once you find a juice you like but it's too weak you could buy strong nicotine concentrate, like 72mg- or 7.2% (in PG or VG base, some online sellers offer 50/50 or 70/30, depending what ratio you vape so you can maintain the same), and upgrade your juice. I've even seen 10% nicotine, which would be even better as you would need less to cut your juice with.
    For example: if you have 10ml of juice that's 12mg/ml nicotine, adding 2ml of 72mg/ml will bring it up to 22mg/ml. It shouldn't compromise the taste greatly, and difference between 24 and 22 won't be noticable.
    One important thing: such strong nicotine bases are dangerous to handle: close to sink, gloves and glasses on. Wipe any areas where you spill it and wash the skin thoroughly if you get any on yourself (try not to, it's dangerous, not like spilling some liquid on your fingers)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

• Like Like x 3
  19. Swboats

Swboats Full Member

May 4, 2020
    I am a writer for a magazine, so at times I can be a bit wordy. I have found some that is just about spot on for flavor. Also, I can find it in my 24mg strength, so no chemistry for me as of yet. That being said, I've actually considered making my own juice. I just wouldn't know where to start. As I'm typing this, however, it just occurred to me that I'm on a vaping forum, and I may be able to find information on that very thing!

Thanks for the freezing tip. I hadn't considered that.

• Like Like x 3
  20. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    If you decide in the future to try DIY, I can give you some tips. My tobacco mixes have extra flavors though (nutty, caramel, vanilla) Not sure if you are into that.

• Like Like x 2