Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
Hello All,

I am new to the vaping world and have fallen in love with it. Right now I am using the Halo G6 with a mini tank and am happy with it but feel that I could be even happier with a different setup. The only things that bug me about the G6 is the battery life and the inconsistentdrags I sometimes get.

I'm on a tight budget so not sure what to get but here are my main areas of focus: Flavor is TOP of the list above anything else, then followed by battery life, (would like something to last an entire day and then recharge each night), ease of use, then size.

From what I have been reading I've been leaning towards a bottom coil because it sounds like it gives the best flavor, (looking at Kanger Mini Protank). I started looking at VV batteries so I can tune into the juice I'm using for best results and tossed between the Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage or the Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery. OR do I spend a little more and go with something like a VAMO v3?

I feel like I have been reading forums and different sites about setups for 3 days straight and the more I read the more I get confused. Based on what I am looking for what would you suggest?

Thanks!

warrenao

Jul 26, 2013
Arizona
I've got a Kanger Protank knockoff, and I really like it. It's easy to clean out as necessary, and it provides quite a lot of vapor, if that matters to you. Also, it screws together, which makes for a much more secure setup. I can easily see myself pulling something apart accidentally and saying oh hell as my juice pours out all over the desk or whatever.

For juice I'm leaning toward Johnson Creek's 'Red Oak' line, partly because of the flavor, partly the throat hit - it seems just about right to me, but some people seem to think it's a bit on the weak side - and partly because it contains no propylene glycol, just vegetable glycerine. Seems a bit easier on my lungs.

Johnson Creek offers sample-size bottles so you can try different flavors reasonably affordably. All their chemistry comes from the US, which might mean a higher quality-control for the ingredients.

Of course this is just my opinion, and I reserve the right to be wrong about any or all of it…

warrenao

Jul 26, 2013
Arizona
I've got a Kanger Protank knockoff, and I really like it. It's easy to clean out as necessary, and it provides quite a lot of vapor, if that matters to you. Also, it screws together, which makes for a much more secure setup. I can easily see myself pulling something apart accidentally and saying oh hell as my juice pours out all over the desk or whatever.

For juice I'm leaning toward Johnson Creek's 'Red Oak' line, partly because of the flavor, partly the throat hit - it seems just about right to me, but some people seem to think it's a bit on the weak side - and partly because it contains no propylene glycol, just vegetable glycerine. Seems a bit easier on my lungs.

Johnson Creek offers sample-size bottles so you can try different flavors reasonably affordably. All their chemistry comes from the US, which might mean a higher quality-control for the ingredients.

Of course this is just my opinion, and I reserve the right to be wrong about any or all of it…

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The Vamo is a much better option than the twist or spinner if you don't mind that it is a little larger. It's VW instead of VV like the twist/spinner which is a plus. It's batteries will last twice as long lifetime and cost half as much. It has a strong 5 amp switch unlike the weak 2.5 amp switch on the twist/spinner. You won't be limited as to what you can vape on the Vamo.

If you prefer a smaller size, then I would look at the iTaste V3 which is VW and even smaller than the twist/spinner.

rubblebucket

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
Rochester N.Y.
I would also suggest going with the vamo. I started with a vision spinner then bought a segelei z max and almost wish I woulda skipped the vision. Almost all my friends who vape have done the same thing so now that we all have vv vw devices the twist and spinners get gifted to friends who aren't sure if vaping is for them or not. Now my back up is a full mech corolla 2.0 Not sure what your budget is but if you ask around the people here will point you in the right direction. Happy vaping!!!!!

Kamicollo

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Oklahoma
+1 on the Vamo. I got mine recently and i absolutely LOVE it. I also picked up the Smok RSST. If you like to tinker at all that is an amazing tank. It is very easy to clean and when you clean it and change flavors you dont have a tank worth of mixed flavor. I also run the Vivi Novas that I really like but they are hard to change flavors on.

The twist is a great device and imo an awesome backup but I rock the Vamo full time now. You can also use the single 18350 and shrink the vamo down to around the size of the twist(length wise).

If you ever believe you might want something more than a twist I would have to suggest you get something like a Vamo. That way you will already have the batteries and a charger for the next device you buy.

Kamicollo

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Oklahoma
Efest 2000mAH IMR18650 3.7V LI-MN. (The long one) same thing in 18350 (short one). My batteries are button tops, dont ask me about the flat ones i dont have any. All I know is the button tops work for me lol. Also I would look around for a good charger. IMO dont buy the Trustfire one, it takes me 12 hours to charge my 18650 and to me that's just unacceptable. If you search something about chargers taking to long or anything you'll find several pots about good chargers for a very reasonable price.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Looks like the vamo is a fav around here :)

Now the next question is what battery do I use with it and where is the best place to buy it?

I would go with AW's, Efest's or Panasonic's. I would get at least two of the 18350's and not just the 18650. You can't go above about 11 watts with the 18650's (it doesn't matter what the screen reads) but you can go all the way to the top watts available with two 18350's. Make sure they are non-protected. (Vamo has it's own protection circuit). And if you get the V2, make sure you use it in RMS (N02) mode. CCV has Efests and free shipping:

Efest IMR 18350 800mAh 3.7V LiMn Battery Flat Top or Nipple Tops (2PCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread