New Microchip Batteries = CRAP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayetopps

Jan 25, 2009
San Diego, Ca
Ok, so I've been on a mission for an 801. I ordered one from Ruyan, and after waiting and waiting and WAITING For the little bugger to get here I got fed up and ordered one from Chad at ECigSupply.com. Well the day after I got Chads 801 (took only 2 days) I got the one from Ruyan. I had already been vaping VERY happily on the one from Chad, loving the new LONG battery and cartridge life so I didn't use anything from Ruyan until yesterday....

Let me back track a bit. In my package from Ruyan, I got a letter telling me how they have new "better" batteries taht use microchips instead of the switches. I didn't think anything of it. So yesterday when my battery FINALLY died I switched to one of the Ruyan ones that I had been charging (they tell you to charge these things for 12 hours for the first THREE charges). So I pop the battery on and take a draw..... the battery times out after ONE SECOND. I'm not exagerrating at all. So I"m thinking I got a dud and try the other one I had charged... SAME THING. So I call my aunt who ordered a kit at the same time as me and HERS is the same too.

These microchip batteries are CRAP. I emailed Ruyand and told them so and also asked them if there was any way I could get the "oldschool" batteries in echange.

The only way these things give you good Vapor is if you take super short and LIGHT draws.. otherwise you get zero vapor.

So I guess I'll be ordering some NORMAL 801 batteries from someone local. I can't handle these..

/Rant. :)

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
My NCIG (DSE 801) atomizer died so I went to buy a couple classic atomizer from puresmoker. It says they're in stock but when I click on " Select color" nothing comes up on the drop down menu except "select color" So I email Steve and pm'd Dano waited about 3 hours for a response (didn't get one) and then headed over to bestecig.com and found what I needed and then some. Worth a looksee ;)

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
A lot of e-cigs use these switches now. The Joye510, the M4 series, etc. But the implementation of it in the DSE ones I've tried is not good. Lots of people complain of the same thing in the Joye510 (cutoff after 2 seconds or whatever) but I think its marginally better than the DSE ones. If you gradually increase the strength of the draw, you should find it doesn't cut off so quick. I can consistently get 5 second draws now..

Smo

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Italy
Just wanted to add my opinion. The only device I've ever vaped on (for now:D) is the Intellicig EVO, a M401 model, that features the electronic switch. I've been cycling 2 batteries for more than 5 weeks now, and I love how those works. I randomly hit the cutoff, but... maybe once in 50 drags? They are consistent, always working, and stay charged long enough to get me through the whole day hassle-free. The electronic switch simply works to me.

Also, I do think that with those you can't get the sticky-switch problem that some users are reporting, am I right with this?

rlorange

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Australia
I also had the same problem with 801 batteries from Heaven Gifts with the new sensor.

These batteries are not as suited to the 801 but work very well in Mini's. I love the sensitivity but I have not experienced the old-school type so have nothing else to compare with.

My die-off fixed itself after the first charge, they definitely have a break in period but all have come good bar one. An advantage is that with the right technique you can puff and let the light go for a half second then resume with zero effort (sensitivity taken full advantage of) and then vape right through the 5 second cut off provide you do it right.

With my 801 the die-off only returns just before the battery light blinks when depleted.

Heaven Gifts is returning to the old style I am told because of similar negative feedback.

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
I found out a good technique for the new batteries today , like Papa Laz posted above watched parked's review on the janty dura-c and you will get the hang of it . it does work great on the Mini I sold one I had ordered to a friend and he didn't like it much at all gave him one of my old style batterys to try and he was coughing he got such a good hit I tried his new battery on my 901 and used my newly learend technique and got a better draw and more vapor. I showed him what to do and he caught on quick and is satisfied for now. But I still like the more realistic draw of the old mechanical switch batteries but can deal with the new electromagnetic ones for the time being when I need to use them .

on a side note whooooooo hooooooo 50 days analog free !!! can't belive I would have puffed back more than 1000 analogs ... gross!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread