New mod and tank for 10 W vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Hi everybody, I have lost track of new vaping gear and need an advice.
Finally one of my mods died. The newest one, Joyetech eVic Primo. Bad from the beginning (because of its faulty protection) it just stopped working. Another mod should die soon. It is a clone of iStick 30, 4+ years old. It's my best mode, but its battery already is at about of half capacity (after about 1500 charges).
So, now I use iStick 30, iStick Pico 25 and iStick Pico. tanks (from best to worst) Kayfun 5, Siren 2, Ammit, OBS Engine NANO.
I need a new mod and, possibly, a new tank.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I highly recommend the Geekvape Aegis Solo. It's a single 18650 100w mod, but I similarly use it for tootlepuffing at about 14-15 watts. It's very tough, durable, waterproof, and a good price. I got mine on sale for about $27 each. A bargain for a good quality device.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
You could of course take the easy route and buy another couple of the 30w iSticks if they have served you well and you like them.

I have fancier devices - about 7 Picos - but as I travel a lot I still prefer my iSticks which I have been using for about four years like you.

I replaced my three oldest ones earlier this year - with three new ones.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Hey AT, long time no see! Hope you are well. I assume you suddenly came back because of the current attack on vaping. I really hope you are busy stocking up. I've heard a lot of good thing about the Geekvape Aegis Solo but I'm stuck back in 2013 time warp. Bought one, got here today so haven't used it but this is the cheapest to get one right now without a code. GeekVape Aegis Solo 100W Mod Only There may well be a code tomorrow with all the sales going on

Take care. :)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Hi FT, glad to hear from you. I am not stockpiling anymore. I have all the nicotine I need, and it's the main thing. I do not need flavors (and they will not be banned). VG will be around for a long time. I think mods will be around also (may be heavily taxed, but not banned). Tanks? Questionable, but I believe I have enough. But I just lost a mod and I need a replacement. Thanks for the link.
And thanks everybody for the help, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Baditude

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Be sure you have everything you need by May 2020 because that is when FDA shuts down everything that does not have a PMTA submitted and I really doubt open systems will apply for PMTA's. And perhaps sooner if states ban all vaping, some have already. The Aegis Solo is a great little mod, I have 2 but my main stash is Provaris for long lasting mods. Just be sure you have enough to last :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Alien Traveler, don't know if it would be of any interest to you but Vapesourcing has the Desire Cut Squonk mod (project sub ohm edition, black with blue buttons) @ $19.99.

Link provided.
Desire Cut Squonk Box Mod 108W

Also, Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 Squonker can be picked up at reasonable prices and even work with Artic Fox and NFE tools. May well need to search around a bit though.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Hi everybody, I have lost track of new vaping gear and need an advice.
Finally one of my mods died. The newest one, Joyetech eVic Primo. Bad from the beginning (because of its faulty protection) it just stopped working. Another mod should die soon. It is a clone of iStick 30, 4+ years old. It's my best mode, but its battery already is at about of half capacity (after about 1500 charges).
So, now I use iStick 30, iStick Pico 25 and iStick Pico. Tanks (from best to worst) Kayfun 5, Siren 2, Ammit, OBS Engine NANO.
I need a new mod and, possibly, a new tank.
Thanks for reading.
I still have trouble with my AMMIT leaking and prefer the OBS Engine Nano. Do you have a link to a good build guide? I can't seem to get this one right, been trying for a good long while.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I saw this the other day, it's a really good price on the newer Joyetch evic Primo Fit mod:

Joyetech eVic Primo Fit Box Mod Built-in 2800mAh Battery with 80W Max Output - Dazzling

As for the RTAs - if you like the Siren 2, this RTA is similar but better. It's my most bullet proof RTA - never leaks, no dry hits and it gives awesome flavour. It comes with airflow inserts ranging from 1mm through to 2.5mm or 3.5mm with no insert installed. It's a 3.5ml capacity:

Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA 3.5ml Φ24mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I might suggest a JAC Series B DNA 75W. Good mod, will do everything you want, and does have TC should you ever want to try that. I don't have a link, but I am sure you can find one. If not @Baditude probably has a good link. The board in it has a 1yr warranty from Evolv and should it happen to go bad after the warranty you can buy raw replacement boards directly from Evolv.

As far as tank, if you think the Kayfun 5 is the best, why not just get another one or two of those? I am of the mind "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Personally I have used HCigar VT 75D mod (dual battery w/ DNA 75C board) and Serpent SMM tank exclusively for nearly 2 years now. Even with all day every day use for 2 years, both the mod and tank are still working perfectly. I liked them enough that I bought 3 backups of both plus some spare glass for the tanks. I don't plan on ever using anything else. I found what I liked, stocked up and now I'm done.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I just received two of the Aegis Solo mods and really love the look and feel of them. I am seriously thinking of picking up a couple more for my stash box. It will handle up to 100 watts but it does my 12 watts satisfactorily. I like that it is supposed to be shockproof as I have dropped and ruined more than one mod. The latest being a Pico X that I dropped getting out of my Jeep Wrangler.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @AngeNZ, can you recommend any MTL RDA's?

As with what's happening in the US, Squonking may be a good option due to the simplicity and ease of use of RDA's.

I've only just jumped head first down the squonking rabbit hole ;)

The RDAs that have been recommended to me: Vapefly galaxies RDA & rdta, Cthulhu 1928 RDA, Digiflavour Etna RDA and Geekvape Ammit mtl rda. I've tried and love the Hussar v1 clone RDA (more restricted lung) and the Haku Venna clone RDA

Reactions: Mordacai

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I might suggest a JAC Series B DNA 75W. Good mod, will do everything you want, and does have TC should you ever want to try that. I don't have a link, but I am sure you can find one. If not @Baditude probably has a good link. The board in it has a 1yr warranty from Evolv and should it happen to go bad after the warranty you can buy raw replacement boards directly from Evolv.

I'm not Bad (altho that IS a matter of opinion...) but here's a link to the JAC mods. I have a few and have always found them to be superb.

SERIES-B 75W DNA Vape Mod | E Cigarette | JAC Vapour

Reactions: ScottP

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    For really low wattage like that you can get away with a pod system. I hate them in general, but you’re in the right power range for them. The things are basically disposable and continuing costs are ferocious but they have the advantage of extreme light weight. You are likely to be hit far less hard by possible upcoming vaping legislation than a lot of us.

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    I've only just jumped head first down the squonking rabbit hole ;)

The RDAs that have been recommended to me: Vapefly galaxies RDA & rdta, Cthulhu 1928 RDA, Digiflavour Etna RDA and Geekvape Ammit mtl rda. I've tried and love the Hussar v1 clone RDA (more restricted lung) and the Haku Venna clone RDA

Tke a look at these https://www.fasttech.com/p/6228800

This is my personal favorite RDA and it comes with the squonk pin should you decide to try it that way. It is a more restricted airflow and a dead easy build.

I have 10 of them for the vapocalypse,

• Useful
    Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread