Not open for further replies.

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
apady3e5.jpg

I wanted to get some feedback on our new prototype. Its all stainless, hand made from tube and solid stock. Even the 510 threads are stainless, which makes them much more rugged.

It is also a threadless telescope design. The housing on this thing is built like an army tank and has substantial weight, due to the material thickness. We just used regular Chinese circuitry for testing purposes on this particular one. Would anyone not be happy with the circuitry, and be willing to pay a good bit more for Darwin or evolve circuitry? Let us know what you guys think. Please excuse the shop table lol.

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
That's hot.
What are the electronic and battery specs on it? Threadless telescope, so does it use tension gaskets of some kind to regulate size?

Yes its a collet style fitting, and runs 18650s and single or double 18350s. I wanted to make an all American made mod, for a decent price. If we were to use evolve type chips, that would double the price of the mod. We're ccurrently hammering the zmax chip to see how its going to hold up. The housing is definitely up to par, just torturing the electronics part. If anyone has a lead on an affordable chip that fires faster than the 33 Hertz Chinese stuff, I'm all ears. We also have some rba's in the works.

Dayglow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Greenville, NC
Is the housing torturous due to heat dissipation or shear workability with it? Or am I misreading and the housing is fine but nailing down the electronics is a pain? Have you looked into the chipsets the itaste MVP uses because it doesn't have the 33hz issue. I would love to get my hands on something like this as one of my issues with tube mods is how unstable (top heavy) they tend to be when loaded up. Is it just the perspective of the shot or is this collar the same diameter as the base, or is the base a touch larger?

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
Yeah the housing is bullet proof, just need to find the right circuitry for it. I've still got my eye on the DNA circuitry. The base is about 1/8th larger than the tube, so very stable for what it is. I think we're going to put this one on the back burner for a bit, until we get the electronics figured out. I think we're going to put out a simple well made stainless mechanical mod first.

It's pretty tough on the cutting tools to do stainless, but I think its the best material for a mod. I got tired of black hands from tarnished brass, and ratty looking mods where the chrome has worn off. I'll have pics of the mechanical mod up soon.

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
Yeah the zmax board forced the button to be where it is. I totally agree on passing on the zmax board lol. We're ggoing to put a DNA board in the final version. That board is alot smaller, and will allow more room for button placement.

Thanks for all tthe great input, it has definitely help reinforce the doubts I already had about things. The mechanical mod prototype should be done soon, and I'll have pics to post soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread