New Packaging ? ? ? Zenith Coils are now Z Coils ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@Innokin_Paul or @Innokin_timmy . . .

Have a question . . . :rolleyes:

In a recent order for Zenith Replacement Coils (ordered 10 boxes), I was actually sent Z Coils Replacement coils instead - which I thought were Plexus coils that are only for Zlide Tanks (which I also order 6 boxes of and was sent) . . . However, when I brought this to the vendor's attention, I was told that Innokin changed the packaging for Zenith Coils and that both Zenith/Zlide Coils are the same - the boxes are marked Z Coils now and will work the same in either tank . . . :eek:

CbNLWmR.jpg

:blink: Can you tell me if this repackaging/renaming is what Innokin has done ? Or is the vendor just trying to pass off their stock of Z coils as Zenith Replacement Coils ? :confused:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@Topwater Elvis . . .

Great questions . . .

Did you verify authenticity via the scratch off security code on the back of the box?

Yep - Security Security Code - Everything is confirmed :

Excellent! The unique Authentication code has been verified; the device is an authentic Innokin product. Thank you for choosing Innokin.​

Zenith / Zlide do use the same replacement heads (coils).

Yes - That's true and I know they are interchangeable (not sure about the Plexus coils though) . . . .However, I ordered Zenith - Zlide coils (Kanthal Wire/Cotton - not mesh)for different reasons and had to pay different prices for these coils . . . The Zenith Coils were more expensive and had to pay an additional $5.00 more then the Z Coils I got. If I had known they were the same exact coil, I would have of course chosen the least expensive to save the price difference . . . Just Sayin' . . .​

Are both boxes the same resistance?

ng73lVM.gif

Matter of fact, have been in contact with Vendor about this issue, finally requesting a refund for the difference. Here is a copy of both of their response:

"Innokin Zenith Replacement Coil 5pcs*10
We confirmed the coils are correct for your Zenith Tank.
Factory changed the package design and they did not inform us in advance. And we will uddate the picture on our website as soon as possible.
Pls don't worry, they just changed the outer packager, the coils are same as before.

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience caused to you." (Quoted From Personal Email 12/18/19)​

"Actually they are differnt coils and the prices on our website are different.
Innokin Zenith Replacement Coil 5pcs
(Deleted Link - especially to avoid any inappropriate of vendor as per ECF :rules: )

==We did sent this coils to you, factory just changed the packing and there is no changes on product. You may check your order details, and we have changed the package picture on our website.
Although the package is similar with Innokin Z Coil for Zlide Tank 5pcs, while they are different coils, different resistance, also different price." (Quoted From Personal Email 12/20/19)​

This is the reason for "My" original question, especially since - IMHO - I believe Innokin would inform their customers of these changes beforehand . . . Hey - In "My" Personal Opinion - It's always good to go directly to the source to find out the information (Truth/Facts) Ya' NEED to know, especially before making any rash judgement . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Shadowe

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
@Topwater Elvis . . .

Great questions . . .

Did you verify authenticity via the scratch off security code on the back of the box?

Yep - Security Security Code - Everything is confirmed :

Excellent! The unique Authentication code has been verified; the device is an authentic Innokin product. Thank you for choosing Innokin.​

Zenith / Zlide do use the same replacement heads (coils).

Yes - That's true and I know they are interchangeable (not sure about the Plexus coils though) . . . .However, I ordered Zenith - Zlide coils (Kanthal Wire/Cotton - not mesh)for different reasons and had to pay different prices for these coils . . . The Zenith Coils were more expensive and had to pay an additional $5.00 more then the Z Coils I got. If I had known they were the same exact coil, I would have of course chosen the least expensive to save the price difference . . . Just Sayin' . . .​

Are both boxes the same resistance?

ng73lVM.gif

Matter of fact, have been in contact with Vendor about this issue, finally requesting a refund for the difference. Here is a copy of both of their response:

"Innokin Zenith Replacement Coil 5pcs*10
We confirmed the coils are correct for your Zenith Tank.
Factory changed the package design and they did not inform us in advance. And we will uddate the picture on our website as soon as possible.
Pls don't worry, they just changed the outer packager, the coils are same as before.

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience caused to you." (Quoted From Personal Email 12/18/19)​

"Actually they are differnt coils and the prices on our website are different.
Innokin Zenith Replacement Coil 5pcs
(Deleted Link - especially to avoid any inappropriate of vendor as per ECF :rules: )

==We did sent this coils to you, factory just changed the packing and there is no changes on product. You may check your order details, and we have changed the package picture on our website.
Although the package is similar with Innokin Z Coil for Zlide Tank 5pcs, while they are different coils, different resistance, also different price." (Quoted From Personal Email 12/20/19)​

This is the reason for "My" original question, especially since - IMHO - I believe Innokin would inform their customers of these changes beforehand . . . Hey - In "My" Personal Opinion - It's always good to go directly to the source to find out the information (Truth/Facts) Ya' NEED to know, especially before making any rash judgement . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Hi there Uncle, thank you for asking! Yes, we have transformed 'Zenith Coil' to 'Z Coil' on the package design. According to different coils, different resistance, there is a mark on the package for recognition. And we will have an updated info for vendors to clear the confusion to customers. Thank you for reminding us. ;)
This is a Z-coil user guide. Hope this helps. :)
JveQBIw.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well - Just as an FYI . . . I was charged 2 different prices for the same coils then. . . . Innokin Zenith Replacement Coil 5pcs = $14.95 . . . Innokin Z Coil for Zlide Tank 5pcs = $9.11 . . . although I got the same exact coils (1.6 oHm) Z Coils. Even after bring this to the vendors attention - the vendor refused to credit the difference to my account . . . Hopefully Innokin will not only get vendors to "clear the confusion" about the New Packaging, but also get them to be more consistent with their pricing for the same Innokin product too ("Bate & Switch" - NOT GOOD) . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Reactions: hittman

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I was also confused by some Innokin coils. Wasn't sure if I needed Prism S coils or T20 S coils. Seems they are the same.
The price difference might just reflect the price the vendor had to pay at the time. So maybe the price dropped and will remain lower for the "Z" coils. Sometimes you just have to "let it go". At least you brought it to their attention so maybe they don't make a similar mistake again.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I hear Ya' and normally I might agree to just "Let it go" . . . However, this is a somewhat popular vendor and would possibly also reflect on Innokin, which wouldn't be right . . . Matter of fact, even after being informed about the situation, they actually still have not "Fixed" the issues, the coils are listed separately - nor have they corrected the price differences. More importantly, I can see that they have raised their prices for these coils. Given this, I do not want anyone else to be taken advantage of as I feel I have been. Nor to have it reflect badly on INNOKIN . . . Thankfully - we now have the chart that was posted available as a reference and know ahead of time they are the same coils for a number of products that Innokin manufactures. :thumbs:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well - Not Frustrated really . . . More annoyed then anything, especially for paying more then I should have for the same product from the same vendor. Now I know . . . :thumbs:

AS - for options, well there are more then enough Zenith/Zlide/Z coils out there. Matter of fact, I already got a bunch of Zenith Coils & Zlide coils (both mark as such) from other vendors already.

Anyway, any frustration I might feel is because I just purchase a few Zeniths & Zlide Tanks and Innokin decided to come out with the NEW ZENITH PRO . . . Just "My" Luck . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

As the chart shows the Z coils I have now will work with the Pro - so hopefully when I can afford to get a couple of them we'll see . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

BTW: Really like the Prism Tanks T18/T22 & T20S . . . Got a few of them, including a few boxes of coils (at a very reasonable price :facepalm: ) to go with the group of Endura T18/T22 I have . . . So - Can't go wrong there either . . . :rolleyes:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well - Not Frustrated really . . . More annoyed then anything, especially for paying more then I should have for the same product from the same vendor. Now I know . . . :thumbs:

AS - for options, well there are more then enough Zenith/Zlide/Z coils out there. Matter of fact, I already got a bunch of Zenith Coils & Zlide coils (both mark as such) from other vendors already.

Anyway, any frustration I might feel is because I just purchase a few Zeniths & Zlide Tanks and Innokin decided to come out with the NEW ZENITH PRO . . . Just "My" Luck . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

As the chart shows the Z coils I have now will work with the Pro - so hopefully when I can afford to get a couple of them we'll see . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

BTW: Really like the Prism Tanks T18/T22 & T20S . . . Got a few of them, including a few boxes of coils (at a very reasonable price :facepalm: ) to go with the group of Endura T18/T22 I have . . . So - Can't go wrong there either . . . :rolleyes:

The Pro is nice but a full dl is not achievable, just less restricted than the OG full open. If they had just made the slot a two sided af and holes one sided it would be a treat for all styles of draw. That being said the 1.0 coil is very good. Only other con I have is the beauty ring, completely useless and ruins the lines of the tank imo. Would otherwise be a classy looking tank.

Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread