Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
More efficient cars, for example, not only produce fewer emissions, but save people money and help lower our need for oil.

comics-25022012-17.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
(see the "Tragedy of the Commons").

I'm pretty sure that you have no desire to read this but others might....

http://www.cei.org/pdf/4420.pdf

Shortcut.... buffalos were once "owned" by the People's Republic (gov't restrictions on ownership.). They were going extinct.... Until...private ownership was granted .

In 1992 Native American tribes started the InterTribal Bison Cooperative. The consortium now includes 57 Native American governments in 19 states. It trains Indian buffalo producers and tribal land managers, and takes other steps to reinvigorate buffalo's historically central place in their cultures. The buffalo count on Indian land has at least tripled since 1992. As of 2009, the tribes collectively managed 15,000 bison. Non-profits and private owners have also been raising bison; by 2001, the number of bison on the Plains had increased to a total of 300,000. wiki...

Since 2001 the number has increased to @500,000.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I'll read it when I have more time. I never said private ownership is always bad. Native Americans have historically been pretty good with environmental management, from what I understand. You can always find exceptions, but generally speaking and in particular in the case of our country, we tend to be very short sighted.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I read the intro to that book and I'm not even sure how to respond. That doesn't mean that I'm unwilling to read anything that you might suggest. Politics are a complected mater and I really don't think it serves anyone to pigeon hole anyone over one thing and just assume you know how they think. There's lots more than just conservative vs liberal. The world is not that simple.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Politics are a complected mater and I really don't think it serves anyone to pigeon hole anyone over one thing and just assume you know how they think.

I agree. And I wasn't talking about politics, just your 'thanks but no thanks' comment. Which showed an unwillingness.

There's lots more than just conservative vs liberal. The world is not that simple.

Also agree. For example I'm neither a conservative or liberal, which your comment seems to assume.

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
Our concern here is ideology vs. money. On the one hand I think most vapers are generally opposed to regulation which will destroy the innovation we've seen in the past few years as well as making it difficult to get the products we need. This should be in line with the anti-regulatory sentiments of the Republican party and incoming administration.

And on the other side we've got the tobacco lobby. They have a metric crapload of money and no problem regulating their competition out of existence. Unfortunately everything I've seen from Trump would lead me to believe that personal profit is vastly more important to him than any ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread