***NEW PRODUCT UPDATE*** Tobac BCC Clearomizers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeVap

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Maryland USA
www.thevaporroom.net
***NEW PRODUCT UPDATE***

Tobac Bottom Coil Changeable Clearomizers!

eGo 3ml 1.8oHms Tabac BCC (Bottom Coil Changeable) Clear Clearomizer is a new clearomizer design! The wick is located on the bottom of the clearomizer to help eliminate dry burning and inconsistant flavor. You can look forward to an all day unit to provide a satisfying and consistant throat hit, vapor production, and a very flavorful vape! ***VIEW HERE***

BCC.jpg

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
WoW! Now you really have my interest! These look like the Kangers which have been getting rave reviews! I did buy one to see what all the fuss was about... I am enjoying it, however, it isn't really liking the juice I have in it now. It is just about gone, so I am going to switch it up and see what happens.

However, the best thing about these is that they are low resistance! They should work WAY better on 3.7 volt devices.... AND, the price sure is right! These were pbusardos best of the clearos winner! Now, all I have to do is to hope that I get some money for Christmas, so I can buy some! :)

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!!!!

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
I picked up a box of 5 and they arrived, along with my free juice for first time customers! Thank you, very much!!!!!!

I just filled the first one today, with a 20pg/80vg blend. I am getting great vapor and flavor from it. It is working WAY better than the higher res Kangers with my ego batteries! I still wish I could use them with my mods without an adaptor, but I guess you can't have everything! I'll let you know how it goes as time goes by, but I am very happy, so far! :)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The short term review:

Oh wow. Vapor out the wazoo. Huge amounts of vapor but the flavor is a little muted. (But the flavor is better than a lot of cartos I've tried.) At 1.8 ohms these work just fine on eGo class batteries. This actually turns my FireFly battery into a very useful PV.

Despite the initial weirdness of filling from the bottom these are super easy to fill and refill - even with a TVR glass dropper. Replacing the head will be an easy, no mess affair - even with a full tank. Same as when refilling: Just turn it upside and leave it for a minute before unscrewing the "head." Since so little of the head comes in contact with your liquids - no mess.

No leaking. Looks cool. If you are wondering - the tip isn't removable. I'm sold... IF it lasts a reasonable amount of time. Really hoping it does.

b34tn1k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Littleton, CO
I picked one of these up to compare to the T3. My T3 and Evod both gurgle and flood constantly which was driving me crazy and the Tabac's the same so I wanted to test out the head on it. It's great, no gurgle problems. I'm gonna order some of the Tabac coils as replacements for my T3 instead of the kanger ones.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thank you! Finally - a real world comparison. I've heard a lot of talk that the Tabac BCC is "the same thing" as a Kanger T3. Perhaps... not so much. I saw the reports of the problems you cited with Kangers. With the Tabac? None of that. No leaking, no gurgling, no crackling, no flooding.

The only time I get "undesired leakage" out of this thing is when I turn it over to refill. I might get a drop - one drop - of liquid coming out of the tip. But that's all and no big deal. I just cover the tip end with a small piece of paper towel when I turn it upside down to refill to catch it. It might only be a build up of condensation in the tip for all I know.

Heading into day six. So far it's been a wonderfully consistent experience.

The other complaint I see about the Kanger is a very airy draw. I don't have anything to compare the Tbac to, but to me the Tabac draw just feels right. Do you notice any difference between the two?

b34tn1k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Littleton, CO
I think anything you get from the mouth piece is condensation build up. I do notice some liquid on the battery contact from time to time but nothing major and I think that is part of the same issue. I got some wick and tried the remedy for the T3 head that I'd seen online... made the draw harder and guess what. Gurgle gurgle gurgle. Went ahead and ordered my Tabac replacement heads yesterday.

Just noticed I didn't respond to your real question so heres my edit ;P

I didn't have an issue with my draw being airy on the Kanger but now that it has the extra wick in there, like I said, its a little tougher. I have experienced zero cracks or flooding aside from possible condensation issue, which to me is a non issue. I have experienced one slight gurgle once, and I mean slight. I just set it down and left it along for a minute. Didn't fiddle with it in any way and it resolved itself. Tomorrow I will have had it for 2 weeks and I've used it as my primary everyday. Better than the Kanger IMO

Last edited:

blackcatchief

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Virginia Beach
I am using the Tabac BCC right now and must say I have mixed feelings. No leakage, good vapor, good draw. My flavors are very muted though. Have tried some of the tricks, replaced the flavor wick, flipped the gasket also. Been through 4 tanks full of liquid using 2 seperate Tabacs and also tried using 2 new replacement heads. Still my flavor is not there.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
I am using the Tabac BCC right now and must say I have mixed feelings. No leakage, good vapor, good draw. My flavors are very muted though. Have tried some of the tricks, replaced the flavor wick, flipped the gasket also. Been through 4 tanks full of liquid using 2 seperate Tabacs and also tried using 2 new replacement heads. Still my flavor is not there.

Hmmmm..... what are you comparing the flavor to? A clearo will not be able to give you as good a flavor as direct dripping or using a rebuildable atomizer. I find these have very good flavor.....

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hmmmm..... what are you comparing the flavor to? A clearo will not be able to give you as good a flavor as direct dripping or using a rebuildable atomizer. I find these have very good flavor.....

Also, what resistance did you get?

Compared to an atty I do find the flavor is less with these. (I'm using the 1.80 ohm head right now.) But I've tried many cartos that give me a lot less flavor than this BCC. The main reason I don't like cartos.

I really do like this thing.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
And while we are all gathered around the water cooler...

Are there any known issues with liquids we need to avoid? I ran a tank full of Lemon Meringue +1 flavor shot through this before I had my "uh-oh" moment. Then I ran a lot more though it - so far no evidence of cracking or leaking but... Any known problems with citrus, cinnamon etc. with these things?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Care and feeding?

I'm into day 10 running 100 VG through one of these and the performance is dropping off. Vapor production is going down hill and the draw is getting tight. Enough that I'm not using it. Trying to get enough vape out of it is making me fire my batteries long enough to trigger an auto shut off of the battery. Anything to be done to revive these?

Some people say "rinse" a Kanger T3 but rinse what? The system is so closed there aren't a lot of options to get water at anything. Dunk it in very hot water?

I have also seen on ECF mention of removing the center tube on a Kanger T3 to do a dry burn. Has anyone tried to remove the air tube on a Tabac and done a dry burn?

[EDIT] Also noticed that what's left of my last fill of liquid has turned significantly dark. And that change in color is reflected in the vape tasting "no so good." :(

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
HEEEELLLLOOOO!!! Anybody there...?

Hmmmpfh.

Ok, having nothing to lose:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle and the center tube pops out.

EEEEWW! ICK!After 9 days of use the coil is completely black. Wait a minute - I saw mention regarding cleaning Kanger's that there might be a couple of strands of wick on top of the coil. Sure enough, there is. Remove those two tiny strands of wick and... EEEEWW! ICK! The coil underneath is completely black too.

Nothing is gonna save this thing besides a dry burn. I did the obligatory rinse though hot water first, but that didn't change the look of it at all. I do dry burns on attys all the time so - no big deal. Got the coil up to a nice, even orange glow and all the crud disappeared from the coil. And it cleaned up the wick inside the coil too. Gave it all another rinse but nothing is gonna save those two strands that go back on top of the coil. Just too small to try and clean. I put them back in but the next time around they are getting replaced with some RBA wick I have on hand. Probably on my next fill.

It's back to working again. Not like new, but it's much improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread