new question about diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

christa42

Oct 3, 2012
netherlands
hello my name is christa and i am new hear iam dutch my writing of english is not so good
i vape now 4 weeks and dont smoke anymore.
i startet whit de vmax and i love it
but now i want to make my one juice
is it so simple that i can by this Base VPG - POWER - Inawera Flavors or this one neatral base dirty
and than soma aroma,bottles,druppler,:facepalm:
and than go to mix ore tho i miss something
sorry for my writing:confused:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Christa and welcome to ECF. Yes that's the right flavorless nic base to buy. You just have to decide what PG/ VG ratio you want. You could buy 100% PG base, purchase some VG at the Pharmacy for cheap and use this free calculator for mixing:
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
I order my flavors from them and they're great.
As for a measuring tool- $2.00 but you'll have to nail polish clear coat the numbers first:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apex-Oral-Medication-Small-Syringe-1-ct/10811118
Realize you'll have to purchase a higher nic/ mg than what you're presently vaping.

Edit: Your English and writing are perfectly fine :thumbs:

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I will make some assumptions as the the actual meaning of some of the wording here, so if I'm not on the same level christa42 let me know.

Basically yes, you are correct. Nicotine solution and flavorings can make juice/e-liquid/stuff-that-makes-the-vapor. Since the highest nicotine level I saw in your link was 36mg/ml, I do not see a problem with your basic concept.

If you need a certain nicotine level to keep vaping and not smoking, then there could be some issues. Adding flavoring to the nicotine solution will lower the nicotine level. (You will be adding ml so mg/ml will go down.)

Dripping from a dropper is not an accurate way to measure. I do not know how easy to obtain graduated cylinders or no-needle syringes are in your country, but either one would greatly increase the precision of your mixing.

There is plenty more information here on ECF... DIY E-Liquid is an entire sub-forum populated by DIY mixers. I would imagine just the sticky's alone would keep your translation software busy for quite awhile.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings from Canada! Welcome to ECF!

From reading the information that is on the site, I think I understand what they are selling and how they operate their mixing.

This Base VPG - POWER - Inawera Flavors is 50% PG + 41% VG + 9% distilled water. Buy this in the nicotine strength that you prefer.

Then choose your "Flavours for e-liquid" and add the percentage that they recommend (3%for some 5% for others).

This will dilute your nicotine strength slightly, but not much. Example: 18mg/ml nicotine plus 3% flavoring would result in 17.5mg/ml e-liquid strength.

For a 10 ml bottle you would combine 9.7 ml of base and 0.3ml of flavouring. A syringe to measure the flavouring is best but 6 or 7 drops is an approximate amount.

Ontspannen, Geniet van !

christa42

Oct 3, 2012
netherlands
it's great that i have found this forum,i like it thanks for the advise i have order 30 different juices and the vgp base whit 6mg nic
that last who was stupid not realizing that its going down when i mix
but than i can smoke lower in nicotine is only better for me
i startet 4 weaks ago whit 11 mg than after 1 week 6 mg and that goos well
now i have to go lower when i mix,it's better
do i have to steep whit al flavors or only whit fruit.and how long do you steep
what are you using for testing the juice
syringes i can cat ad the apotheek thats no problem
if you have more advice keep coming whit it,i can use it

notdurrr

Dec 15, 2009
England
For a Euro person in 2012 my advice would be buy the base at the strength you usually vape at, do not worry too much about how the flavours will lower it. 4mg, 5mg, 6mg,,,,,18mg ect. Your body will adjust anyway. We did, in the past, buy all our juices as high as possible and dilute them, but now we have sellers that adjust the prices depending on strength and charge a fair price so there is less value on buying high and diluting now.

as for mixing, I usually use a 0mg to test my mixing, i do buy that in bulk to test out flavour and strength. It saves my nicotine juice while I am testing. I usually try 5 drop per 10ml, then keep adding 1 drop at a time until I am happy. Then when I know how many drops per 10ml I like I can make my juice up.

My advice for a new person who has found a mix they really really like would be this....
if the flavour need 5 drops per 10ml then I will usually make it in bigger sizes if I really like it. 100ml and 50 drops.
but, if the flavour needs 40 drops per 10ml the I will stick to making smaller sizes of 10ml at a time.

Remember, the best juice is the one that you are happy to use instead of smoking. It can taste of anything, fruit or tobacco, no flavour or full of flavour, it can be strong mg, it can be weak mg, you can make it 100ml at a time or 10ml at a time, You might love it, others may hate it.

As long as you like it and it keeps you from needing smokes then it is the best juice in the world.

Last edited:

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
Hi Christa, Paul,

Fellow Dutchies... I also recently started vaping and DIY.
I bought my stuff from the local pharmacy(PG), Totaly Wicked Germany (nic), Maakjetaart (LorAnn juices) and Flavour Art (juices and VG). Needles syringes and bottles you can get from the local pharmacy too.

If you want some help in Dutch language (as my English is also not too good), just PM me.

Paul66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Netherlands
There is a Dutch section on ECF.
Nederlands

will pm you about the PG

Hi Christa, Paul,

Fellow Dutchies... I also recently started vaping and DIY.
I bought my stuff from the local pharmacy(PG), Totaly Wicked Germany (nic), Maakjetaart (LorAnn juices) and Flavour Art (juices and VG). Needles syringes and bottles you can get from the local pharmacy too.

If you want some help in Dutch language (as my English is also not too good), just PM me.

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
I know that, we just have to be carefull to buy not the onces with diacetyl in it.

Indeed Christa, be carefull not to buy those. I don't have the link available right now, but if you go in the DIY section on this forum you'll find a thread that contains information about the contents of the Lor Ann flavors.

Edit: Here's the link: link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread