RDA New RDA recommendations, Price is not a factor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Okay so I've given a lot of advice on RDA choices and coil builds and what not so I hope somebody can return the favor. Right now I'm torn between 6 RDA's. Here's my short list in no particular order:

- Dotmod Petri v1.5 $100
Pros: 2 post design, thumb screws, redesigned structure of the deck. I have a Petri v1 & can drill out one of the chimneys and use it on either the deck of the v1 or v1.5.
Cons....idk I love my Petri, it's my daily carry, the con that I have is with the v1 & the post hole sizes which is fixed in the v2.

- Kennedy 24mm $105
Pros: 24mm to accommodate larger builds (which I tend to make), bigger juice well & larger post holes. Also, is never have to worry about setting my AFC unless I'm putting a new build on the deck. I have a Dimitri box mod which would easily fit a 24mm atty, and a Fuhattan, which the Kennedy 24 will fit on
Cons: ....? It's not released until 8/15, so I don't know of any gripes with this atty yet. Possible leaking from over dripping, but after having a Mutation X v4 I know how to not over drip.

- Hyon Mods Pugio $149
Pros: This atty does it all. The center post locks into place and can be swiveled to accommodate larger coils. Same with the bottom AFC. The bottom of the deck can be rotated so your build sits right on top of your AFC. You pretty much just drop your coils into the slots and clip the leads after tightening them down with the way the posts are designed. Uses "Ultum" instead of delrin for insulators and for the top cap as well.
Cons: ...the only con I can find so far is that this is the most expensive out of the group.

- Haus of Zombi Pi2 (Pi Squared) $129
Pros: Postless deck & beautifully engraved. Insulated with a material called Ultum (correct me on spelling) which has a higher heat resistance than derlin. Post holes in deck are huge to fit a ton of builds. No need to worry about fitting coils & the AFC because of the way the deck is set up. Also is distributed (and I'm thinking manufactured) by Hyon Mods USA, so I know it's quality.
Cons: I've heard the vape is really hot from the standard top cap, so I'd be buying a district f5ve kupcake wide bore "slam cap" to go along with it, which brings the price up $15-20. Also, coil leads would have to be cut precisely to the right height evenly across the board, which is only a slight con to me.

- Syntheticloud Aeolus v2 (pro?) $70-80
Pros: top airflow, 2 piece gold plated deck, less likelihood of leakage.
Cons: reverse threading on the chimney & the gap between the atty and mod that I've seen in the Aeolus v2 thread.

- Twisted Messes Atty $60
Pros: massive post holes to fit some of my stupider builds. Super deep juice well, 3 top caps and comes with 2 stock sleeves for AFC.
Cons: I'm sick of building on a center post block design. AFC is similar to that of the dark horse, where you have to loosen the top cap to line up your airholes, and in my experience, that area gets super wet with juice and messy.

Whatever atty I choose, I'm going to purchase either a 528 Custom Vapes Monster v2 (blemished box, drops the price of the kit to $69) or a Monster v3 $75 in the near future as I'd like an RBA tank. I'm sick of buying Atlantis coils and they're annoying to rebuild, as you need to get the cotton perfect to fit inside of the coilhead.

My shortlist of cheaper atty's that could replace one of those consists of the STRO mini, STRO v1, Vector, idk. No clones. I've had too many problems with cloned atty's (I don't hate the people that use them) so I'd like another authentic.

My daily carries consist of a Petri v1, Hobo v3.1, and either my mutation x v4, or Doge v2, & Atlantis tank. A good mix of flavor and clouds is what I'm looking for, adjustable AFC is not a must. I'm fine with fixed airflow.

Having post holes that can fit at least a 3 strand 26g/36g alien Clapton (using the 3 strand alien as a size reference) is a must for me. I like to build. Some of my coils tend to be pretty wide or just big in general.

Any input on these atty's would be great. If you have personal experiences with them that are either good or bad I want to hear them.

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I find the four post hole design's to be way easier for big build leads.
I do like the juice well on this one better than others but it performs better with lower ohm / hotter builds.
Authentic 13 Heavens 9 Hells RDA - El Cabron RDA - Twisted Messes RDA by Compvape Wholesale
That's pretty much the Twisted Messes atty with a different sleeve. It is a twisted messes atty with a different sleeve. Made by compvape just like TM. It just comes with a few extra goodies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I'd put the velocity on your list. I have the tobeco clone & it's fantastic for both flavor and vapor. Lot's of room to build big coils & a nice deep juice well.
I've been on it since it first came out. STRO mini has the same deck as the velocity but smaller form factor. Also there's just too much going on with the AFC for me. I'd rather keep it simple.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
That's pretty much the Twisted Messes atty with a different sleeve. It is a twisted messes atty with a different sleeve. Made by compvape just like TM. It just comes with a few extra goodies.

Little deeper juice well with the perfect wicking and it's a freight train with 26 / 36 fused clapton and would put it up against any Kennedy ...........

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
You say theres a V2 Petri? Where is this, I thought it was just a 1.5 with thumbscrews. I would get the Petri, one of my faves. Or the Kennedy 24, would look sick on a Rig
I did say v1.5, it's a 2 post design lol.
Little deeper juice well with the perfect wicking and it's a freight train with 26 / 36 fused clapton and would put it up against any Kennedy ...........
I have 26/36 fused claptons in my
Petri and it's a freight train with them with fixed airflow.
I'm surprised I'm not seeing any recommendations on the Pugio or the Pi2, both decks are pretty much game changing with the way they're set up & the materials used in the construction of the atty's. My drawback on the TM atty is the center post block design, to me the only draw to it is the size of the post holes.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Last sentence in Petri paragraph says they fixed it with the V2 haha. The pugio looks trash to me sorry. Also not a fan of the Pi2. You should consider a Stumpy.
I already have a hobo v3.1, the stumpy would be pointless to me. I considered it before I got my hobo, but I got my hobo at the NJ expo for $50. No complaints on that here

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Wow thats a steal
Yeah man, I went on the last day of it, they had stopped letting people in so a fellow vaper gave me his wristband when he was leaving. EVERYTHING was super cheap. Like $70 Comp Kennedy's with demon caps or gremlin slam caps.
But on another note, why do you think the Pi2 and Pugio look like trash?

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Just find a velocity! From what I understand the clones are pretty decent, but clones aren't my cup of tea. I had to dig up classifieds and pay a little extra to get an authentic one.

Also where can you get a Pi2??

They seem to all be long gone.
I've been following the releases of the Pi2, and they come out with a new run every couple weeks. And with the velocity, I don't want to buy an authentic. It's too complicated with the airflow, the key to all of my choices is simplicity & convenience.
Botton airflow on that Pugio. Will leak like a sive. Pi2 just IS NOT my cup of tea.
Bottom airflow just means more careful wicking and not over dripping. It's simple enough for me. But the deck system on it is super convenient in terms that you can literally just drop your coils into the pos & neg slots, screw them in & cut the leads. So I'm not concerned with myself leaking.
Nobody has anything to say about the Aeolus v2 or Kennedy 24mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread