New record recoiling my RSST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
So I always posted how wicking the RSST with SS mesh took much longer than wicking with cotton, with working out the shorts and so forth. Well today, I decided to recoil my genny after I started tasting a bit of the mesh. The whole build took 10 minutes! Definitely a record for me when working with SS mesh.

Some of the things I did to make it easier.
  • I used a smaller piece of mesh to make the hollow wick that I normally use. It was about 3/4" wide by 2" long.
  • I torched the heck out of the mesh before AND after rolling and fitting it in the wick hole.
  • I put a 3/32 drill bit through the wick to give it stability then wrapped the coil tightly around it.
  • I used 30ga kanthal with a 5/4 wrap to give me my 1.6 ohms.
  • I pulsed it once, then played with it with a flathead, then my coils glowed perfectly from the inside out!!

Definitely gives me a great vape on my Provari!!

if there is anyone who is on the fritz about trying a genny, I definitely recommend it!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Congrats on choosing a great RBA, I've been using one for the last 8 months and I love it. I also wick mine with SS mesh, 400, and I've gotten to the point where it's a snap to slip the wick out of the 26 kanthal coil, burn off the juice, and the coil, clean the crud off the coil and slip the wick back in. I vape a dark DIY juice at .7 ohm so the carbon builds up on the coil so I need to burn it off once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread