New Rio Mini Owner seeks atty advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I guess I'm new in this sub-forum, hi everyone. I just bought a green Rio Mini from another member, should get it next week. If you don't want to read much and still want to help just read the bold part. I get wordy

I would like some like some advice on atty's by my criteria. Try to stick to atty's, I already know I like cartos (almost an expert on them), I already know I hate CE2's, I already know I hate dripping other than to taste test while mixing juice. I just say this because it is so often threads get off track because everyone wants to sell you on something you're not even asking about.

Something about what I know I do like. At 3.7V to me a Boge 2.0 carto is too high resistance. I like Smoktech 1.5 & 1.7 ohm cartos on 3.7V because they are the only ones that fire up strong enough. I don't like CE2's, dripping, and number of other things because I do not like to have to endlessly fiddle with my equipment in order to vape. I went with the Reo because I am under the impression that this is not necessary.

What I want an atty to do for me in order of priority:
1. Work with as little troubleshooting and fiddling as possible, as seamlessly as possible with the feeder.
2. Everyone wants an atty to give good TH, Vapor, & Flavor, sort of a given, I probably expect more than most.
3. I want to be able to pull it out of my pocket at anytime and immediate take a vape.
4. No leaking, I want to go hiking, bicycling, & whatever with it in my pocket without worries.
5. Be easy to clean, last as long as possible, while producing the same vape.
6. Good with dark juice, like caramel, more likely to use carto for lighter juice.

7. It shouldn't be hideous or cheap looking, I like things to look nice.

Keep in mind, while I am closing in on being an expert at much this vaping stuff I have no hands on experience with bottom feeders at all. The only attys I've used are those ego-t things with the world worst vape, and a regular resistance 510 atty that I use to test flavors.

Want to know about cartos and tanks, feel free to ask, I've tried about 10 different carto tanks and about 25 different filler type cartos. I tried enough CE2's to decide that they need to address some fundamental design flaws, but they have promise if the get it all worked out.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE TEAM!!

Really great to hear that you got yourself a REO. Think that your going to like it as much as any other REOnaut. There are a lot of people that like the 357. Personally, I'm more of a Cisco LR 1.5 ohm 306 type of a person. Since I like a lot more warmth and TH when I vape. So, I think that I can understand where your coming from in that aspect.

They do have a learning curve to them when it comes to feeding. You have to keep them fairly moist in order for them to be working at an optimal level. Also, don't want to flood them or keep them really dry. Since that can decrease it's lifespan or even kill your atty. If it's dry since it's the same effect as a dry burn. The coil basically gets to hot since there is no juice for it to vaporize and it pops.

REO's or bottom feeders in general are meant for people that don't like the hassle of dripping but, want all the advantages of it. So, using an atty on the REO is very much the same process. Meaning that it should be fed every 5 drags or so. Or when you notice a decrease in flavor. If you ever taste a hint of a metallic flavor. Then immediately feed it since the next hit will be awful. My recommendation is to start off with a carto to learn how to feed or use a bottom feeder correctly. Then move onto atomizers.

I would suggest that you try the "blind squonk" method to start out:

1. Lightly squeeze the bottle while taking a dry hit (not pushing the button).
2. Once you hear a gurgle then immediately stop (w/ cartos then it would be 1-2 seconds longer).
3. Take a few more dry hits to draw the juice into the atty and let it spread throughout it.
4. VAPE

If you ever want any additional info like recommended batts or anything. You can visit the original sub-forum:

Reos Mods

Rob (creator) and Lisa (associate) is there on a fairly consistent basis. So, don't hesitate to ask any questions or even introduce yourself. Everyone there is cool and willing to help out with anything.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Definitely, there was originally only one REO sub-forum. Although, there was plenty of questions that were asked in the general discussion area regarding certain mods. So, these second sub-forums were created to make it more organized. The thread at the bottom of this sub-forum called, "Are you researching REOs Mods?" has a lot of links to the original sub-forum and other important threads. So, you might wanna check that out.

No problem, glad that I could help and have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread