The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Shop/Lounge in SoHo: Henley Vaporium

Discussion in 'NYC Vapers Club' started by _nderscore, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. _nderscore

_nderscore Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    NYC
    http://henleyvaporium.com

23 Cleveland Pl, New York, NY 10012 (SoHo)

This lounge just opened up a few days ago. I stopped in there today on my lunch break to check the place out since they're right down the street. They're still building it out but from what's already there it seems like it'll be a nice 'trendy/hip' spot soon.

They carry a few different brands of juices: Pink Spot, Niquid, Alpha, Five Pawns, and the local Clevervape

2. Dominicanto

Dominicanto Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2012
    New York City
    Stopped by their store today. Haven't seen anything like it on the east coast, let alone NYC. Beautiful place and they have big plans in the works in adding to their "health" theme (juice bar, gluten-free pizza, etc.). Very SOHO and as an uptown kid, I can't hate on 'em for it. With all the anti-ecig propaganda in NYC, the upscale approach they've taken can only help the cause.

Except for The Standard line of juices, you're free to try any flavor they have in stock. You even get a list of juices presented to you like a wine list. For folks who've been around for barely two months, a nice selection of mech and variable mods and gear to get folks started. Will definitely be passing by. They even have a backyard which in the city (let alone SOHO) is impressive. Can't wait to see where they'll take this.

3. Kataphraktos

Kataphraktos Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    They are selling branded clones. Not cool.

Edit: and before anyone flames me for saying this, if you tried to sell those mods in the classies on ECF, you'd get your thread closed and more by the mods.

4. Dvanovik

Dvanovik Full Member

Nov 4, 2013
    New York
    Stopped by, pretty cool place. Went by with my friend and g/f and it wasn't disappointing. I tried half the stuff on their menu, and the short skinny guy working the bar really knew his ..... Prices were way better than vapeny, but the mod / tank selection was all over the place. (Lots of stuff either sold out or they were still considering whether or not to order/carry things) which makes sense for a new business in an industry with no defined model for success.

I wasn't a huge fan of their juice vendors, but that could be because samples came in different tanks/cartomizers and I had a hard time discerning whether I disliked the liquid or the delivery.

Atmosphere was chill, super packed though because there was a woman's empowerment thing happening later in the evening. Would go again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

EDIT:

Nevermind. The branding rubbed off the Ego my friend bought and the button is all ready failing. Guy behind the counter knew his stuff, so he probably knew what he was selling us.

Lame.

5. Dvanovik

Dvanovik Full Member

Nov 4, 2013
    New York
    I should have heeded this warning.

6. AhaAha

AhaAha Full Member

May 28, 2013
    NY
    They're not only selling branded clones, theyre also pretty much ripping off new people. Chi you clone going for 90 something, hammer clone for 80 or so, etc. juice is overpriced aswell. Too bad. I liked the idea.

Edit: hell, they're even selling provari minis for 240$ on their website.

7. Heisenberg0914

Heisenberg0914 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2014
    NY
    I purchased my first two e cigs just 4 days ago. I walked in and fell in love with the place. The store theme is pretty cool, enjoyed the vibe. Indoor lounge , outdoor lounge, cafe with many offerings , vape bar is setup nice. However once I got home I realized the EGOS I was sold had no ego markings on them, both had different color lights and one of them was even separating a little (the collar that the power button is on is kind of bent) however they seem to be working just fine for now. I definitely overpaid but thats what you get for not ordering online in NYC. They even told me that I could save money by ordering off their website. I have never purchased one before so I wanted to go in person to see what I am getting and to taste some juices. I am not disappointed in the fact that I may have purchased a clone for around 53.00( battery, evod tank, usb charger without wall socket piece ,&case). On their website they offer a double ego kit for 66.00 , so I paid nearly the same price for just one in store . I much rather put the money in a local shop and support my city. I will only end up getting a better vape because now I am in love ! lol I am totally pleased with The Henley...hey rent in SOHO isn't cheap so I feel for them lol ! The guy in the shop who looks extremely young has an attitude problem tho...he has that " you don't know .... about a vape? WOW" attitude and talks to you like your taking up too much of his time by asking him to explain stuff.

8. Heisenberg0914

Heisenberg0914 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2014
    NY
    I take back my previous post. I have found a better local store ! No clones, great prices , wonderful and pleasant staff , amazing atmosphere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.