new sidesho, all flavors taste rather gross/flavorless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollard143

Jan 9, 2009
So... Just got new sidesho about a week ago, really like the amount of vapor thats produced but the flavor seems to be very weak if not there at all.. I have tobacco, clove, camel, and 555 flavoring and they all seem to have the same general nasty bland taste...

I've searched the forums but can't seem to figure out where the problem might be... Help?

Thanks,

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Pollard,
I am not sure what to tell you... How often do you vape? Could you still be getting through the primer (there didn't appear to be much on the atty though)
Our Sidesho is flavorful, a very easy pull since it is so sensitive and it gets quite warm with a nice bit of vapor and flavor... I notice that our carts still seem to be about half full when we get the "taste" that it needs to be topped off (like it is empty but it's not)- Which flavors do you use? I have the carts from Tony and then various liquids from a few different suppliers- I don't care for many of nuvapes flavors but they do come through- WetYourSticks by Matt are very flavorful and then don't even get me started on Dawn's (DIYFlavorShack)- Maybe you need to get some liquids from different sources? We don't drip or dip- just refill carts and use the carts that come with the kit... Seems the pulls are very light compared to the Dragon and even though the cartridge is larger than the Dragon I get double the vape time from a cart that my husband gets from the Sidesho...
Wish you luck- maybe someone else can speak up on it...

Pollard143

Jan 9, 2009
Thank you very much.. I love long, enthusiastic replies. Umm...I doubt its the Sidesho because I've heard such great reviews and it just looks that amazing. So I'm either doing something wrong or the e-liquid spoiled somehow... I taste it a bit in the pre-filled carts but when I refill them, it has just no flavor and actually makes my tongue sting a bit sometimes.. I thought that dripping was considered a better method? Are you not supposed to do that with this type of e-cig? I did both and I think I tasted the flavor more when I filled the cart, but it used to be the other way around when I had my 901 mini...

Pollard143

Jan 9, 2009
Oh also, I got my e-liquid from Rocky Mountain Vapor, which I've heard pretty good things about... Is there any way it got ruined in the mail by heat or something? I stored one container in the fridge and the other 2 in a dark drawer cuz I wasn't really sure which was correct... Opinions seem to differ greatly regarding correct storage.

And on the pre-filled carts, when you first put them on and it breaks through that thin aluminum-looking layer, are you supposed to remove that somehow? It just seems like metal in that thing could be damaging and one time I removed the cart to find the aluminum stuck to the atty

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Try blowing out the atty. Then lightly blot the wick on a napkin to get as much juice out of it as possible. Then prime with 3 drops only, let it sink in for a minute or so. Then try vaping with the mouthpiece only ( no inner cart). If it gives good vapor and flavor, fill a cart and vape away. If you still don't get decent vapor and flavor, try a different atty. And make sure the battery is charged, I'm just saying.... :)

As far as that aluminum-looking layer on the prefilled carts, you should take it off. A tweezer works fine.

It's also possible that what you describe as "a general nasty bland taste", could just be the way your taste buds respond to tobacco flavor juice. You might want to try some others.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
a easy way to remove the foil if you are using pre-filled carts is to push the cart on atomizer, and twist the cart 270-360 degrees. You then want to take off the cart, all the foil is now on the tip of the atomizer, and then just scrape is off with the end of the cart. The blank carts have no foil.

Check to make sure you don't have any loose fibers sticking out of the atomizer.

You can also let them sit in some coke zero overnight, then rinse them under hot water, and let them dry on a paper towel with the dry with the atomizer tip facing down.

GS850GX

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
I have two sidesho kits from MV and when everything is right they taste great. I had one atty that tasted hot and metallic, nasty and would not let the flavor of the juice come through. I cleaned it in coke zero as Tony suggested and it now vapes great so I would try that and see. I do have a little trouble getting good wicking from the carts and that greatly affects the flavor. I'm playing around with the PTB mods to see if I can fix that a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread