Not open for further replies.

alexj-12

Administrator
Admin
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2022
Chicago
Hey everyone, the site upgrades are now live! You can see more details on new features in this thread. Since everything is fresh and the dust is settling from the updates, if you see any bugs, need any help navigating the site, or have any suggestions, please let me know and I can help out!

Currently, we're still in the process of setting up reactions and those won't be finished until tomorrow. Please ignore any issues related to those for now.

Again, big thanks to everyone who helped make this update happen and hope you all enjoy the changes :)

Last edited by a moderator:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
So...
I am a wee bit (REALLY) excited at the moment...all of my organizing has been done and the descriptions are gone from the front page (hover to see them)
Go to the front page and refresh...
Look how beautiful and organized the front page looks now !!

(all that's left is just a little bit of straggler clean up inside subs)

:thumbs::thumbs::banana::banana::rickroll::rickroll::banana::banana::thumbs::thumbs:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
2021-turn-arrow-purple-blue-transparent.png

*** Anybody notice the NEW "UNCLE" . . .

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Did you know...

When browsing ECF and you come across a post containing a video you can detach the video from the post and watch it while you continue browsing that page.

To the lower right of an embedded video you will see a greyed out icon.
Screen shot 2022-11-10 at 4.32.23 PM.png

Screen shot 2022-11-10 at 4.26.03 PM.png

When you hover over the icon it turns black.

Click on the icon and it detaches the video from the post and places it in the lower right-hand corner of your browser (on a PC or tablet). On a smartphone the video moves to the bottom of the display.
Screen shot 2022-11-10 at 4.26.36 PM.png

You can then watch the video while you continue browsing the same ECF page. If you navigate to another page the video closes automatically. There is also an 'X' in the upper left-hand corner of the video for closing the window.

:greengrin:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Honestly, hate to say this - however really dislike this very confusing format. All the threads are now mixed together under "Threads" instead of "Watched Threads" / "Unwatched Threads" / "Threads you watch". Alerts / Inbox very confusing too.

Also - My avatar is no longer viewable, and worse is my profile page is messed up. And my signature line is gone too.

And although, I was a volunteer (Never got the email - Matter of fact, I was one of the first members to volunteer), I would have definitely mention something about these changes, and more - including being limited in how ECF is now only "Autodetect"/ "Light" / "Dark".

Oh - Need I mention all these "flashing/rotating" ADS - P IA.

BTW: While I'm not opposed to changes, especially those that improve the experience/ product . . .
Hopefully, there will be more tweaking coming soon - if not, I'm going out on a limb here, I see another exodus coming . . .ECF is going to be loosing a lot more committed steadfast "Old Members" that are very committed in keeping ECF up and running and helping others . . . Just Sayin' . . . (Insert "rolleyes" emoji - which is no longer available either . . . And - Yes, I tried the 3 dots menu, no smilies showed up).)

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Much better - THANKS !
    Now all I've got to do is get "Uncle" to show in the avatar . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Ask and ye shall receive...

UNCLE.jpg

I think it will work nicely with the new circle avatar thingamabob.

Copy it into your avatar on your settings page. If you want "UNCLE" to be a different colour let me know!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread