classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Curious, were we always able to Edit our posts 2 days later?

Coulda swore prior to the upgrade we could only Edit a post up to 24 hours before it was set in virtual stone.

Yep...48 hours

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
      I disagree; most of still chat about products as well as checking in on a more personal level. One of the things that drew me to ecf is watching how friendships blossomed along the way. That is why I still lurk even though I have little to contribute these days.

ShowMeTwice

"42"
      Supporting Member
      ECF Veteran
      Jun 28, 2016
      The Forest
        Some ECF stats you may find interesting...

For the week of September 5-11, 2022:

179 members logged in and posted at least 1 message. Many members posted more than once.

A total of 327 members logged in. That includes those who posted (179 above) and those who did not post (148 lurkers/checking msg's etc.).

For the week of August 29 - September 4, 2022:

175 members logged in and posted at least 1 message. Many members posted more than once.

A total of 401 members logged in. Again, that includes those who posted (175 above) and those who did not post (226 lurkers/checking msg's etc.).

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
        Supporting Member
        ECF Veteran
      • Apr 16, 2010
        So-Cal
          97.64% of the time when you go to latest activity (and probably the other tabs) you will barely recognize ECF as a vaping forum. In fact, I don;t think it is anymore :rolleyes:

what-are-you-talking-about-huh.gif

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
          ECF Veteran
          Verified Member
          Feb 23, 2010
            Some ECF stats you may find interesting...

For the week of September 5-11, 2022:

179 members logged in and posted at least 1 message. Many members posted more than once.

A total of 327 members logged in. That includes those who posted (179 above) and those who did not post (148 lurkers/checking msg's etc.).

For the week of August 29 - September 4, 2022:

175 members logged in and posted at least 1 message. Many members posted more than once.

A total of 401 members logged in. Again, that includes those who posted (175 above) and those who did not post (226 lurkers/checking msg's etc.).
            pitiful :(

ShowMeTwice

"42"
            Supporting Member
            ECF Veteran
            Jun 28, 2016
            The Forest
              @classwife, @retired1 - there is something screwy going on with clicking on blog entries and then receiving error messages. Can one of you please look into this? TIA

The error messages are...

1) Requested page could not be found

2) Oops! We ran into some problems.

A couple days ago I received both error messages when trying a couple of Mooch's blog entries. I restarted FF and then it worked ok. Initially I thought it was just a fluke on my end.

I no longer think it's a fluke...

Today @Top Hat tried Mooch's Index blog entry and received #1 above. I asked TH to try the Index link from Mooch's main blog page. Top Hat then received #2 above.

See this thread for Top Hat's posts...

ShowMeTwice

"42"
              Supporting Member
              ECF Veteran
              Jun 28, 2016
              The Forest
                @classwife @retired1

From the Blog List page I went to MacTechVpr's blog page, tried a few of his entries, no errors.

Clicked on 'Blog list' to go back to the list and it just hangs there.
                Screen shot 2022-09-16 at 3.45.59 PM.png

After about a minute, I clicked on 'Blogs' and was immediately taken back to the main Blogs page.

I tried that a couple times (same results). Also tried it from Mooch's main blog page (same).

Try it.

Reactions: DavidOck

ShowMeTwice

"42"
                Supporting Member
                ECF Veteran
                Jun 28, 2016
                The Forest
                  @retired1 @classwife

From the Blog page, under Navigation click on 'Browse blog list'.
                  Screen shot 2022-09-18 at 7.41.13 AM.png

The URL = https ://www.e-cigarette-forum. com/blog/blog/ ---> times out.
                  FWIW, /blog/blog/ doesn't make any sense.

Checking the URL via Website Link Checker: URL Validator receives the following error.

Screen shot 2022-09-18 at 7.43.19 AM.png

Hovering over 'Blog list' from a members blog page = same URL.
                  Screen shot 2022-09-18 at 7.54.17 AM.png

The 'Blog' pull down menu (top of any page); 'Blog list' = same URL.

Where are 'Browse blog list' and 'Blog list' (same URL's) supposed to go?

Are those, perhaps, intended to be the same URL as 'ECF blogs'???

If you navigate to 'ECF blogs' it brings up a list of all blogs.

'ECF blogs' URL = https ://www.e-cigarette-forum. com/blog/categories/ecf-blogs.1/

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
                  Admin
                  Supporting Member
                  ECF Veteran
                  Verified Member
                  May 9, 2010
                  Wesley Chapel, Florida
                    @classwife, @retired1 - there is something screwy going on with clicking on blog entries and then receiving error messages. Can one of you please look into this? TIA

The error messages are...

1) Requested page could not be found

2) Oops! We ran into some problems.

A couple days ago I received both error messages when trying a couple of Mooch's blog entries. I restarted FF and then it worked ok. Initially I thought it was just a fluke on my end.

I no longer think it's a fluke...

Today @Top Hat tried Mooch's Index blog entry and received #1 above. I asked TH to try the Index link from Mooch's main blog page. Top Hat then received #2 above.

See this thread for Top Hat's posts...

@classwife @retired1

From the Blog List page I went to MacTechVpr's blog page, tried a few of his entries, no errors.

Clicked on 'Blog list' to go back to the list and it just hangs there.
                    View attachment 980864
                    After about a minute, I clicked on 'Blogs' and was immediately taken back to the main Blogs page.

I tried that a couple times (same results). Also tried it from Mooch's main blog page (same).

Try it.

@retired1 @classwife

View attachment 980988

Checking the URL via Website Link Checker: URL Validator receives the following error.

View attachment 980983

View attachment 980985

'ECF blogs' URL = https ://www.e-cigarette-forum. com/blog/categories/ecf-blogs.1/

Sorry, this is beyond me. :(
                    @retired1 ?

ShowMeTwice

"42"
                    Supporting Member
                    ECF Veteran
                    Jun 28, 2016
                    The Forest
                      @retired1

Top Hat started a thread on the three messages he's receiving.

"The requested page could not be found", "Oops! We ran into some problems" and "There are no threads in this forum".

As noted in one of my previous posts, I've received the first two messages when trying a couple links via Mooch's blog. Thought they were a fluke then. I haven't received the errors since.

thanks

Last edited:
                      Reactions: DavidOck

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
                      Supporting Member
                      ECF Veteran
                    • Apr 16, 2010
                      So-Cal
                        @retired1 @classwife

View attachment 980988

View attachment 980983

View attachment 980985

I Think the Blogs Section of the ECF has some Bad Mojo on it.

:blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

')