Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I didn't see a dedicated Squape clone thread, so I'll make a new one for this.

SXK have recently announced a new 1:1 clone of the Squape R[ S ]. (I have to write it with the spaces else the forum thinks it's BBcode ;) )

No details on release dates or prices yet, and I'm not sure if the photos they published are of the genuine or the clone. I've emailed them to enquire and will update as I hear more.

Here are a couple of photos they have published for reference; as stated, I don't yet know if these are of the actual clone itself.

11392994_1434156556907290_6650506410238592855_n.jpg
10995551_1434156593573953_6676645745722285079_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MattyTny

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Looking forward to see where the thread goes. The SquapeR looks like a great tank, but I heard about clone issues in the past. Love SXK quality.

Agreed, SXK are great, and if it says 1:1 my default is to believe it. That's why I can't tell if the photos are of the original or the clone!

I have a Squape clone, the Reloaded not the Rs, and it does indeed have issues. Most significantly, only the S deck fits out of the box. The other decks have the holes in the deck slightly too narrow to fit onto the posts. I've now fixed that on the W deck with a Dremel, but the first time I put a build on it, it showed as immediately shorted. I then found I couldn't get the W deck off, as I'd pushed it on too hard and the holes were only just wide enough. I gave up at that point - too many other attys to try! I might go back to it at some point, but I am definitely going to try this new SXK clone.

I love the idea of a Squape and next time I feel rich enough to splash out for a hugely expensive authentic, it will surely be the Squape. The thing I love most about it is the non-conductive deck and chimney. That's such a great idea, something I wish every single RTA had . Ironically it's least important in a single decker like the Squapes mostly are (I know they have a D deck now too.) I've lost count of the number of times I've spent ages fiddling with builds that kept shorting on an RTA chimney because I'd made it slightly too big - particularly a problem in my Aqua v2 clones and my Aqua SE authentic. That would benefit from a non-conductive chimney so much.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I saw these Rs clones on alibaba but none had the new decks :( not really intereste in the dual coil one but I sure would like the dripper style version :) and hopefully this time they have a better non conductive coating! and have the shorting issues resolved... if so i'm in!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, I kind of regret selling my authentic SqR. I would like to try both new decks.

I can tell you guys that the authentic decks do fit the EHPro clone of the fullsize SqR. I bought some EHPro decks to see if I could use them as backups for my authentic and yes, they were a perfect fit.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Yeah, I kind of regret selling my authentic SqR. I would like to try both new decks.

I can tell you guys that the authentic decks do fit the EHPro clone of the fullsize SqR. I bought some EHPro decks to see if I could use them as backups for my authentic and yes, they were a perfect fit.

Oh nice, so the EHPro is a good clone then? Where did you get it from? A big annoyance for me is how the big Chinese vendors rarely list the manufacturers. Sometimes FT does, eg with Hotcig, and other times people work it out and you can find it in the discussion thread. But more often than not, not. So I have no idea who makes my somewhat poor Squape Reloaded clone, the one where the W and C decks don't fit unless you Dremel 'em.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The EHPro is the only good clone you can actually buy. Eciggity has them, but you need to look for it on their site. They changed the name to Zquape or something.

I never had the EHPro myself, but everyone is happy with it.

I had a horrible Ivogo that I had to give up on due to the decks conducting. I bought an authentic and at the same time someone gifted me a revised Kingtu that was a decent clone. I've never seen that revised Kingtu available anywhere to buy though; he got it straight from them.

At any rate, I bought some EHPro decks for $3 on sale just to see if they fit. Those decks and the Kingtu decks were both perfect fits in my authentic, and vice versa. So you could buy an EHPro clone and use authentic decks in it.

Reactions: TheBloke

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
OMG, I have just ordered the 3fvape one. I had a severe attack of shinyitis because it comes with 5 decks and I want the B-Deck. I really hope it's not crap. Otherwise I can perhaps use the decks and posts and postscrews in my Kingtu Reloaded Clone, which is really nice. Wait and see.....I hate waiting......

Great to know that the authentic decks fit in the Kingtu! That's nice to know, so I can order an authentic B-deck if things go wrong.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Me too I just pulled the trigger on the single "W" deck Squape RS from 3fvape. I heard so many people complaining about the decks not fitting on the Squape R and its massive size. So I figured since I only use cotton the "W" deck would be the only one I would use anyway. Hopefully not a piece of junk. With clones it's always a crap shoot.

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
Found some squape rs here. Seems that only two or three are made of 316 ss, a-bomb and oldfriend??? Never heard of them. Have you?So I still don't know which manufacture's is being sold on 3fvape.

But.... also on that site Kingtu and Ivogo and others that now offer the rs.
http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/squape-rs.html

Reactions: TheBloke

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
As long as they have a true ematal/ceramic coating and the thing doesn't short out we should be good to go. The design of the atomizer is really quite simple and pretty much fool proof. Hopefully they learned from the first run of the Squape Reloaded.

Not like the Taifun GT 2 clone I just bought. Chamber sleeve doesn't lock and the top cap screws off when removing the tank. Oh well minor annoyances but it's still vapeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread