Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I just got word today straight from the horses mouth... new drip tips are in! I do not have them in hand just yet, but I know they are in route and I will have live shots as soon as they arrive.

For now... these are the shots that Isaac has personally sent me. I do not know when the site will be updated, but I believe they just need to be tested for consistency and then will go live.

These are a collaborative effort between Siam mods and IkenVape! They look great, and I'm certain they will be fantastic to use! :D

(And it appears that the drip channel is of a larger bore... which means no more stuck juice like with the delrin or silhouette tips!)

On an SD Key by Trog, and Lavatube (Knight Rider):
imagejpeg_2.jpg

General Shots:
DSC04932.jpg

(Yes, you guessed it... io6 to 510 drip tip adapters as well)

DSC05261.JPG

DSC05262.JPG

DSC05263.JPG

At the current moment I have no idea how much these are going to cost or how many are available. As soon as I find out more information from Isaac, I will post. :)

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I've been looking for something like this! The plastic ones I melt, the glass ones are too fragile, and the metal ones, make everything taste like metal. Wonder if a real SS would solve all that? I will be ordering when they come in.

Well they've been cooking in and on stainless for yrs. and it hasn't affected the food. I wouldn't think it would affect the taste.

Is it wrong of me to think those look sooooo SEXY??????
Sex...y is a good thing.:D:evil:
Thumbs-Up.gif

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Alright I don't want to keep any of you waiting so I am going to write everything now and pray I don't miss anything.

The Good: Stainless Steel. Shiny. NO leaks (granted, this needs to be further tested... 10 minutes of use is not conclusive), not too tall, not too short. I've not gotten any juice in my mouth but also heat is not sacrificed too much to where I would be unsatisfied with using these tips. All three pieces fit VERY TIGHT! A drop of juice will help them slide on and slide off, and will not sacrifice stability. Wide mouth drip channel that will allow your juice to go where it's supposed to -- the bridge/wick/coil!

Neutral: These tips are very heavy. They are steel after-all, so take that into consideration before purchasing. I personally love the added weight.

The Bad: Shiny metal objects attract fingerprints, dust, and scratches. Over time, I am sure these accessories will acquire light to moderate scratches. Edit: Also one thing to consider, as you use these drip tips they will acquire "mouth stuffs" (for lack of an official term) aka crusty buildup from sugary and other residues that are on your lips.

Overall I am extremely impressed with these tips and pleasantly surprised at how secure they attach. I was a bit worried about the dual o-ring design but it is working out very well.

And now for higher res pictures...

20120405_155038.jpg

20120405_155054.jpg

20120405_155143.jpg

20120405_155201.jpg

20120405_155326.jpg

20120405_155348.jpg

20120405_155542.jpg

20120405_155835.jpg

Enjoy! And if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
All three pieces fit VERY TIGHT! A drop of juice will help them slide on and slide off, and will not sacrifice stability.

Curious mind here about taking them off. If the fit is "very tight" is it so tight there's a danger of pulling the IO6 apart which has happened to a number of us when one of the Silhouette tips get stuck? I was waiting for some feedback about this from users before spring for 1 or more of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread