New tank from nautilus mini to subohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
The Sub Tank mini allows you to use Kanger's pre-built Organic Cotton Coil heads or the rebuildable deck. You don't have to rebuild, but buying coils can get expensive. I find that it is pretty easy to build on with 26 gauge Kanthal, 5 or 6 wraps spaced out should get you in the .5 ohm range (make sure to use an ohm reader when building your coils) - there are plenty of YouTube videos on the Sub Tank RDA section. Take a look at some of those videos and see if it is something you could handle. It gets my recommendation.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
What you save by not buying prebuilt coils, you'll end up spending on more juice. The subtanks are notorious for sucking down juice like nobody's business. So, don't go into it with the thought that you're doing it to avoid paying to buy pre-built coils by rolling your own. My juice use went up tremendously as did my partner, but the saving grace is that we don't have to replace the OOC coils every couple days. I honestly believe it's about evened out for us, coils for juice costs.

I do love the tank though and honestly can't find anything else that I'd want to replace it with, for me it's nearly perfect, plenty of vapor, flavor and airflow and for some reason mine doesn't leak like some have reported theirs doing.

All I'd need from it to call it absolutely perfect would be a cleverly designed top fill port.

Sarasotared

Feb 26, 2015
Sarasota fl
I just bought a sub tank plus from a nautilus. I tried the .5 coil to subohm and found quickly it's not for me. I use it with the 1.5 coil now on the lowest airflow setting and it's not ok but prefer my nautilus draw. I would suggest the new aspire triton in case you don't like the subohm experience you can go back to the nautilus mtl draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread