NEW!! The Hybrid Atty is coming to COV this week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Unsure, what are you having issues with? All 4 of mine are from COV. I have more at the PO waiting p/u direct from Vapage. Though I will be surprise if there is any difference. I have been using them on a grand & mini for over a week now and they are rocking my vape. I want you to have as good a vape as I'm getting.

First let me say Im not putting down the hybrid!!!! I found it to be extremelly airy draw..way too airy. Then I was gifted one what was NOTHING like the ones I bought and that one was GREAT!!! So I don't know what to think. 2 bought very poor and 1 given SUPER....
whoknows.gif

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Not having the luck with the two I got. It was from the first run sold on the site. Just in case if was the REO I sent one to some who had othe types of mods to see if their results were the same. Waiting for a reply.

EDIT: I haven't heard or experienced anything about the hybrid shorting REOs & I tried it on ALL models!

BTW...I pointed out the threads & posts from people who blame the Hybrid for shorting their mods to Vapage.

The Hybrid didn't short the mods.
Over torquing shorted the mods.

We may see them do away with the plans for interchangeable venturi's to avoid this issue altogether.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
BF? I don't have the non BF to compare. YES, these are airy, like an 801, like an analog. Maybe you need the venture when the come out with them. I enjoy the airiness and when they tighten up, I soak them. Hey, run some macerated tobacco, dark, or sweet juice through. I bet that would tighten them up short term. Did on me:blink:

First let me say Im not putting down the hybrid!!!! I found it to be extremelly airy draw..way too airy. Then I was gifted one what was NOTHING like the ones I bought and that one was GREAT!!! So I don't know what to think. 2 bought very poor and 1 given SUPER....
whoknows.gif

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Unsure, FYI; I find them just as airy on the Vmod too, so I think it's just the design. The fact they will have the venture seems to confirm that.

Maybe its just my liking to attys with tighter draws. Im glad so many like them. Attys need to be the focus in the next generation of e-cigs and it appears for most the hybrid is doing it.

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Alright, both 1.5Ω/2,0Ω have been fully worked in and I gotta admit that the 2.0Ω really doesn't do my juice justice as I thought it would but nonetheless its a great vaping experience, the 1.5Ω hits like none other but burns my juice to fast for my liking and or its cause I am vaping with a 50/50 vg/pg mix.

Conclusion, I like these but with the juice I have its kinda (not really a bad thing) a let down but I have faith that with the new juice I will be getting the 1.5Ω/2.0Ω will allow me to fully enjoy these attys. Worth investing in...most def.

I will say this though, I appreciate the innovation but I will always be a lr 306 freak.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
And this is the batch that they went out to China to ensure quality controls were improved on, yes? -Magnus

That is my understanding.

I sent them every concern I'd seen on ECF about the first round.
Even things I have no problems with...

Too bad Fanboys don't get paid! :lol:

Last edited:

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
BTW...I pointed out the threads & posts from people who blame the Hybrid for shorting their mods to Vapage.

The Hybrid didn't short the mods.
Over torquing shorted the mods.

We may see them do away with the plans for interchangeable venturi's to avoid this issue altogether.

You are dead on with the over tightening of the hybrid being the culprit. I had previously read about the special design of the atty bottom and how it was made for the Vmod but would work on all bottom feeders with the caveat to be mindful that it is a different design and as such would not seem to screw down all the way.

It would be a shame to lose another "option".

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
So what is the word about cleaning the hybrids? I had read as I remember to never dry burn them but to clean in vodka for an hour or so. I'm OK with that but that doesn't remove the gunk burned to the wire from using dark, sweet (TV) juices. I've only seen a dry burn do that.

I read about someone using baking soda and vinegar. Has anyone tried that?

There has to be a way to clean the coil of all the gunked juice without doing a dry burn and risking popping the atty.

Hmmm (puts feet on desk, grabs the vape, and ponders........) :)

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
So what is the word about cleaning the hybrids? I had read as I remember to never dry burn them but to clean in vodka for an hour or so. I'm OK with that but that doesn't remove the gunk burned to the wire from using dark, sweet (TV) juices. I've only seen a dry burn do that.

I read about someone using baking soda and vinegar. Has anyone tried that?

There has to be a way to clean the coil of all the gunked juice without doing a dry burn and risking popping the atty.

Hmmm (puts feet on desk, grabs the vape, and ponders........) :)

Only slightly blow out the gunk is the best and proven way I have found that works with not just the AMG Hybrid but all attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread