The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

NEW!! The Hybrid Atty is coming to COV this week!!

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by Bigbuyer, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tripster

Tripster Super Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2011
    Just for clarification, even if the voltage load drops below 3.7v...the vape sensation is still great but once you dip to around voltage load 3.3v, the performance isn't all there. After using the 1.5Ω for a week, I love the performance but for the juice I vape it just burns it up to quick but using the 2.0Ω for the remaining week is the sweet spot for the juice I vape.

I am not saying the 1.5Ω is bad for tobacco juice but its just not right for mine, YMMV. Also, note that if you drip a lil to much the coil will seize up on you. I have found that 4 drops, 2 on each side of the mesh is what I have found to work great for my pleasure...YMMV.

In the next week I will come back with the results in the Ω rating to let ya'll know if it dipped a notch or so, have a great vape!

2. Tripster

May 21, 2011
    Very sad night, my AMG Universal Hybrid 1.5Ω died but I think it was due to the voltage load on the AW P18650 2600mAh bat which read at 4.18 (yea I know...). I did check it with my DMM and no go, check my 2.0Ω on the DMM and read 2.0Ω (still alive). I believe this is all user error and not actually an atty error cause the 1.5Ω atty was running perfectly fine between 4.0-3.1 voltage load on the previous bat.

The more errors I go through with attys, the more I get to know them better so I honestly thank it for dying so I now know what not to do from personal experience.

That is all folks!

3. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    This may very well be the first time someone has been thankful and happy that their atty died.

4. AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod My friends call me A.G. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Vaping Heaven
    I laughed too! :)

Most VV devices have an amp limiter & wouldn't even fire a 1.5ohm atty at 4.1v, thus saving the atty.

5. violetvoo

violetvoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Down the rabbit hole..
    wow!...thanking it for dying!...too funny....:lol:
    I usually curse mine...even if it is user error that caused its demise...:laugh:

6. Tripster

May 21, 2011
    I'm still a noob and learning, so when I have first hand experiences with technical difficulties...I just simply learn more that way.

7. Curganelli

Curganelli Full Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Im new to vapping as well, and just bought some of these addy's from COV... And i must say the flvor coming out of this thing is AWESOME... Ive migrated from eGo-t to 510 atty, to Boge Carto's to these hybrid's with in three weeks, and i have to say these are by far my favorite way to vap so far...

8. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    On what are you vaping? Have you tried these attys on the VMOD? They're awesome together! Made for one another. A love story!

9. Tripster

May 21, 2011
    Glad you are enjoying these attys, "Superior Flavor" is exactly what you get.

10. fsroq

fsroq Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    What is a VMOD please?

11. AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod My friends call me A.G. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Vaping Heaven
  12. Curganelli

Curganelli Full Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    I have a feeling im going to chain vap the hell out of these... TASTY!!!

13. fsroq

fsroq Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2011
    Spain
  14. violetvoo

violetvoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Down the rabbit hole..
    here are pics of the changes being made to the next batch of hybrids...:)....Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:thumbs: These are the changes being made in the next batch:

The coils are pretty. They are consistent and centered to give better/consistent vapage.

The connecter pin is new; it is now 1.3mm; down from 1.6mm to give better mouth draw. The
    Venturi end is smaller now (lower profile) to fit ALL 510 connectors.

A new "lower" washer seal is now included on all Hybrid BF sold to work with the floating connector issue of the REO Mod. It also works with the VMOD same as always.

The inner wires are now away from the Venturi hole so the airflow is consistent

All Hybrids come dry, and are metered before packaging. This results in almost zero DOA's, and +/- 1ohm of spec

15. kaykay

kaykay Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    concrete jungle
    nice when will they be available?

16. VirusZ

VirusZ Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2011
    La La Land
    I think that the best change you could do is use lower resistance wire and have more wraps of it like in Cisco 306 attys, at least 5 or more.

17. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    I will have info on when they are available soon.

All the current Hybrids are in stock now.

18. chet

chet Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Does anybody know how to take this atty apart?

I have one doa and one that lasted 6 hours. I sent email to Vapage where I bought it from and no response.

I might as well take it apart if I can and take a look inside before I throw it away.

19. Tripster

May 21, 2011
    Just be patient when emailing suppliers/manufacturers, sometimes it might take them between 24-96 hours to get a response back.

20. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

No news yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.