Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
New theme functioning for me, now. I'm on my phone, and I like most of it. Feels far cleaner. The member tags need to be reworked, though...
Screenshot_2017-09-22-19-32-33.png

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I also can't look at dark pages with bright, light fonts....hurts!

I think I'm still confused..:blink: I voiced concern about threads and posts being lost when things are changed and was assured this is mostly about appearance/theme (?) Posts about consolidating threads suggest to me that once more data, threads, and posts would be moved...

I much prefer the status quo when it comes to alerts. I like the ease of a mouse over and having it drop down....don't like clicking and opening to a new page in order to see them.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I think I'm still confused..:blink: I voiced concern about threads and posts being lost when things are changed and was assured this is mostly about appearance/theme (?) Posts about consolidating threads suggest to me that once more data, threads, and posts would be moved...

The changes they are talking about are just different themes and reorganizing the current forum software. The previous change you are worried about (before my time) was probably a move from server to server or forum software to forum software, or both.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I like the Dark Material theme. Besides the alert button problem that others have mentioned, I noticed that the user profile button beside a post no longer gives the join date. I kind of like that myself. I know that is a small thing but is informative. I don't love the round avatars as it cuts off part of mine but maybe that is something you are already working on. Great work, overall.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Just to note - the "dark material" theme is a copy of the ECF Material theme. I've put it there as a placeholder to be worked on once this theme is ironed out. Actually, it was probably a bit pointless because I'll likely just have to copy it again given that we'll be making additional changes (i.e. not just fonts and colors)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have only two suggestions, and they're both superficial stuff. I can see that a dark background with while text appeals to some, and should be an option for the member, but IME, especially when reading large blocks of text, it's a bad experience than white text on a black background with eye strain occurring earlier. As I said, it's preference but I wouldn't make the default. The second is if you could bring up the font size just a bit. Lots of older eyes around here, and squinting (no I'm not going to try and find my reading glasses) isn't very comfy.

I'll play some more with the actual interface, and have a better idea if it's intuitive and easy to navigate.

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
I will also add my vote for a Read button in addition to the Like button.
some consolidating of threads could help with some of the navigation problems.
An out and out HELP forum in first page could cut down some of the repeated questions/answers.

just my quick 2 cents

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
not really liking the circled avatar, cuts off a lot of many of folks avatars making them look really odd
I hadn't noticed that before but I totally agree.

I guess my only two real dislikes are the round avatar shape and the grey fonts. As others commented it's harder to read. That's why most internet forums use black fonts.

Everything else I can get used to.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
join date missing from bottom of avatars(I use this a LOT to figure out who is experience in a subject within forums)

Also take into consideration that just because they've been a member for 5 years (me as example) might not know much about anything (me for example). :laugh:

Some have been vaping for years but have joined or found ECF recently. It's really a crap shoot when trying to sort info. I tend to listen to the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread