Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I hadn't noticed that before but I totally agree.

I guess my only two real dislikes are the round avatar shape and the grey fonts. As others commented it's harder to read. That's why most internet forums use black fonts.

Everything else I can get used to.

Yeah, playing around more and the round avatars are not doing it for me. It might seem minor, but with an active board like this, being able to spot who the poster was is easier with a larger rectangle.

Also take into consideration that just because they've been a member for 5 years (me as example) might not know much about anything (me for example). :laugh:

Some have been vaping for years but have joined or found ECF recently. It's really a crap shoot when trying to sort info. I tend to listen to the majority.

I tend to listen to my Ouija board and not a dry hit yet.:D

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
join date missing from bottom of avatars(I use this a LOT to figure out who is experience in a subject within forums)

Just click on the members avatar and you will get a pop up which shows join date and more.

It does show ecf veteran status without clicking the avatar, that gives you somewhat of an idea too..

@Oliver - what IS missing from the pop up information, is the sex of the poster. (Whether they are male or female). I use that often times to know how to address someone (whether to say he or she when talking about them, or whether to tell them about something pretty or not; Eskie, for example, might not care to know about the clearance sale of the latest mod in pink, but leftyandsparky might.. so on and so forth.) It is a nice thing to know... so can you add that back into the information we can see about a poster if their personal preferences allow for it?

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm on Dark Material and my screen isn't dark. I miss the Alert, to check in on flybys when busy and just like it much better the way is was. Would like to see New Posts back on top line and not in drop down. I have to set zoom to 125 for this format. Prefer larger rectangle for avatar. I do like the idea of a read option to acknowledge post. I don't know about tech stuff and don't really use. All in all on the surface I like everything the way it is on dark ECF. Do like that the annoying green circle is gone while posting. Going back to the actual dark screen now, guess I'll figure it out whatever you do.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@Oliver - what IS missing from the pop up information, is the sex of the poster. (Whether they are male or female). I use that often times to know how to address someone (whether to say he or she when talking about them, or whether to tell them about something pretty or not; Eskie, for example, might not care to know about the clearance sale of the latest mod in pink, but leftyandsparky might.. so on and so forth.) It is a nice thing to know... so can you add that back into the information we can see about a poster if their personal preferences allow for it?

I like Pink. Maybe one of those pink lipstick mods posted elsewhere.;)

But gender would be a nice touch. We all have to be careful in how to address someone without gender information. I think it is actually awkward discussion to not have some basic idea who you're addressing.

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Before I retired, I wrote the styles for a corporate web portal. Black (#000000) text on a white (#FFFFFF) background tires the eyes if you are required to look at them for long periods, the best, easy on the eyes colours I found were blue/grey (#435660) text on an off-white (#FBFBFB) background.

The Material style is a nice, clean modern look, but I miss hovering the mouse over the "Alerts" menuitem and having my most recent alerts display

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Opinionated currently we dont have to state our sex in our profile. IMO that's as it should be. Most forums I know of do not require it just as they don't require our real names to be public - a matter of privacy.
Oh I know it's not required, I was speaking about those people who allow their gender to be shown in their information.

If you look at the regular ecf theme, the default theme, when you click my avatar within the thread it tells you I'm a female. That's because my preferences are set that way. (I actually find it irritating when people don't realize I'm a woman and address me as a man, so I choose to set my preferences to show my gender)

However, with the new ecf material theme, when you click my avatar it doesn't show my gender - and it's that way with everyone who has their preferences set to show gender.

I was just noting that discrepancy with the new theme could be fixed to include that information in the people who have set their preferences so.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Oh I know it's not required, I was speaking about those people who allow their gender to be shown in their information.

If you look at the regular ecf theme, the default theme, when you click my avatar within the thread it tells you I'm a female. That's because my preferences are set that way. (I actually find it irritating when people don't realize I'm a woman and address me as a man, so I choose to set my preferences to show my gender)

However, with the new ecf material theme, when you click my avatar it doesn't show my gender.

I was just noting that could be fixed to include that information in the people who have set their preferences so.

Oh, I'm in agreement that gender posted should only be voluntary. I'm sure there are those who want as little information as possible to be on an open public forum. It's just a little touch that is nice to know is available, as per the presences of the member

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
All personal information is voluntarily displayed. This won't change.

So, maybe a male/female icon for those who choose to declare, and visible in the postbit. I'll look into it.

Any possibility of looking into the 'Reason' portion showing on the post edit?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Before I retired, I wrote the styles for a corporate web portal. Black (#000000) text on a white (#FFFFFF) background tires the eyes if you are required to look at them for long periods, the best, easy on the eyes colours I found were blue/grey (#435660) text on an off-white (#FBFBFB) background.

The Material style is a nice, clean modern look, but I miss hovering the mouse over the "Alerts" menuitem and having my most recent alerts display

I haven't retired yet, if you catch my drift. ;-)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I tend to listen to my Ouija board and not a dry hit yet.:D

Ouija board? That is SO yesterday. Get current, Eskie.

Magic8.jpg

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
@Oliver . . .

:D THANKS - for restoring "privacy" settings with this theme . . . :thumbs:

EDIT: Guess I spoke to soon - little "Green" spot on profile avatar image still there & "pulsing" . . . :(

J2Dnrp4.png

Uncle...you will see it for yourself 'cause you are online.
Do you see it on my avatar ?

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I think you can see it on everyone 'cause your the owner and see everything. Just as I can 'see' who is online regardless if they've set themselves to private.

We gots the power ;)
Oh! Good point. Sometimes forget that.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.