Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081229105037.htm

If death by second hand smoke wasn't worrying enough, researchers are now going one step further and describing third hand smoking as being toxic particulate matter from tobacco smoke that gets into hair and clothing and then harms those (Small children are especially susceptible to it) who come into contact with those infected or their smoking dens.

Last edited:

Tetsab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2008
East Sussex, UK
Ye gods! Are there no depths to which the anti-smoking nazis will not stoop? This is truly laughable but it makes me want to cry and scream at the same time. Shame we couldn't convince whatever scientists have wasted their time on this charade to spend it more usefully researching e-cigs. :rolleyes:

It is idiocy of the first degree to throw money away on studies like this. Yes, tobacco smoke is no good for you. We know that, thanks. Now get on with something useful.

Environmental contaminants of various kinds are a fact (and hazard) of modern life, and making parents and others paranoid about just one like this (which they already knew about) is mean, cruel and pointless. :(

Spleen vented. Off to do something more enjoyable.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
thoroughly deplorable if true. hadn't thought of this.

IF? The study the article discusses isn't about 3rd hand smoke itself, that's been studied for a couple years now. The study is about how knowledge of 3rd hand smoke affects whether people choose to quit entirely. IOW, that's exactly what it's about, geting people to quit, not about any possible danger. Which, BTW, hasn't been proven. Studies have demonstrated exposure, but that's all they've shown. Yet, anyway.

Last edited:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
8-o

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!1!!!!!

They're all very happy with vaping, much happier than with smoke. They even sit on me when I'm vaping when they would have gone away with smoke. Cats know a thing or two ;)

My dogs do too! Our Rat Terrier Holly used to jump off the couch if she even saw me reach for my pack of cigs, but she isn't reacting to the e-cig in the same way. :thumb: Another HUGE plus for the e-cigs.. I always felt SO guilty smoking around Holly when I could tell how much she hated it :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread