New to building RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Possibly the funniest thread ever. "I have been building since WW2. I have more experience than everyone in the world, but I can't make an rda work so USE A tank!"

Sheesh
I can't. Really. I abandoned my Velocity 1 to a friend because I find it troublesome to build. Is that a crime?
PS: For the record... I learned to build RDAs (most specially the iGo L) but I don't get a satisflying vape and I find them too fiddly. Have you built a Rabbit SQ? A Drop? Do they BF without leaking?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Anna, while I've never done so, will have to give rayon a try, based on your opinion.:)

Not a lot to lose & maybe a lot to gain. While I have no trouble with building coils, using various screwdrivers the same sizes as on the coil jig (feels more comfortable), wicking can be a pain on some tanks. While I rarely have leaks, sometimes dry hits are an issue. I'll fluff, comb & whatever & still get dry hits.:(

Yet upon removal, the wick won't be burned, often comes out the color of the e-juice, must be still packing a bit too much in there, or using the wrong type of cotton. Most says Japanese organic is the best & when it works is great. Yet on middle sized & large tanks (especially the SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast RBA edition), nothing has gone right since the original 5 wrap flat spaced coils were changed.:(

Unfortunately, I didn't save these, allowed a friend to build a 'better' coil at a party, so don't have what was there to compare with. That was when things went downhill with that tank. Am on the verge of unloading to the first friend who wants it for $20, to include the separately purchased RBA with the single coil adapter.:D

Anyway, thanks for the rayon idea.:thumbs:

Cat
Muji or Ko Gen Do are foolproof to me. Cut along the fibers. Most of the wicking issues have to do with fibers being ACROSS and not along the lenght. Try that. When I stuff too much cotton it doesn't keep up. The first hit is nice, and the second is on the drier side.

Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Do you really think the Drop Solo and Nudge 22 are easy for a new builder. Take a look at them again. Long hard look. 4 posts to the Nudge. The Drop Solo and Rabbit SQ you have to clip the leads and align the c

Where is the post where you teach the OP how to build?
Yes, I'm a ......ed monkey. I find it difficult to clip the leads after I put together the deck. Also lowering the coils to the airholes. That's why I avoid them. What if the OP has a handicapped person and can't do fine handiwork?

With this post you just proven yourself to be a liar. You've obviously never built or installed a coil in your life. Your building experience must be installing drop in coils. I know that must be hard for you unscrewing things then screwing them back together.
The Drop is one of the easiest RDAs on the market to build. The Drop Solo is half as hard to build. I hate the Dead Rabbit RDAs except for the fact that they are another style RDA that is easy to build.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
With this post you just proven yourself to be a liar. You've obviously never built or installed a coil in your life. Your building experience must be installing drop in coils. I know that must be hard for you unscrewing things then screwing them back together.
The Drop is one of the easiest RDAs on the market to build. The Drop Solo is half as hard to build. I hate the Dead Rabbit RDAs except for the fact that they are another style RDA that is easy to build.

"B-B-B-BUT MUH ENGINEERING SKILLS!!!!"

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
I can't. Really. I abandoned my Velocity 1 to a friend because I find it troublesome to build. Is that a crime?
PS: For the record... I learned to build RDAs (most specially the iGo L) but I don't get a satisflying vape and I find them too fiddly. Have you built a Rabbit SQ? A Drop? Do they BF without leaking?

Nothing in this statement, is a crime or a problem - what IS concerning is that you tried to shut down anyone who disagreed with your love of RTA's, and anyone's experience or preference for RDA's as "too young", and yes I'm referring to mine. So admit that YOUR preference is for RTA's and YOU find them easier to build and carry on. You're just digging yourself into a hole by trying to be an authority on the matter.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread