New to DIY have stir plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
A search isn't turning up anything about a stir plate.

So when my package shows up I take the 1L 100mg and the 1L VG, mix them together for 50mg. Repackage 1L 50mg and stick it in the freezer for next year. Pack the other 1L 50mg in 30ml bottles, box them up and into the freezer, pulling one out to work with as needed. Is that the general plan?

I have a 2L erlenmeyer flask and a stir plate I can mix this with (possibly, it might be too thick and throw the stir bar @2L, but I at least have the flask to mix with). How long is long enough to mix well but not too long to oxidize?

I wish I had done more searching. The one thing I'm not sure about is if I can handle the PG on some of these flavors at the percentages I'm seeing in recipes. I didn't realize there was a VG flavoring option for DIY, but do now so at least it's not as much of a risk as I thought it was. I was worried if I couldn't handle any PG I'd just be screwed for DIY.

30 ml Sweetener (TFA)
30 ml Sweet Watermelon Flavor Concentrate (CA)
30 ml Watermelon Flavor (FA)
30 ml Watermelon Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Green Apple Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Apple Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Apple Candy Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Strawberry Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Pineapple Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Wintergreen Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Spearmint Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Peppermint Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Menthol Liquid (PG) (TFA)
30 ml Koolada (TFA)
30 ml Bubblegum (TFA)
30 ml Caramel (Original) Flavor (TFA)
10 ml Caramel Cappuccino Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Sweet Cream Flavor (TFA)
30 ml Tiramisu Flavor (TFA)

1 US Gallon of Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Kosher Certified
1000 ml of 100 mg Flavorless Nicotine Liquid - Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Kosher
1000 ml Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Kosher CertifiedNew to DIY have stir plate

tru2dgame

Feb 28, 2012
Virginia, USA
I suppose it is really your discretion what you do with the nicotine/VG mix. Mathematically you are correct that diluting 1L at 100mg with 1L of VG will yield 2L of 50mg concentration. As far as moving them into 30mL bottles, that is entirely your call. I leave mine in 60mL bottles because I have long 3" blunt tip needle ends. the flavors you have are good, I think you will end up liking the sweet watermelon the best out of what you purchased....although if you have never tried the lorann watermelon, you are MISSING OUT (assuming you like more of the candy watermelon taste). The ones that you have are more of the actual nonsweet fruit taste (Even sweet watermelon is not that sweet. Good choices though! Goodluck in your DIY endeavors. From over a year of DIY myself now, I can impart this tidbit of wisdom:

WRITE ALL OF YOUR RECIPES DOWN AND EVERY TWEAK YOU DO! LABEL EVERYTHING, ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES, AND CLEANSE THE SYRINGES BETWEEN USES BETWEEN FLAVORINGS AND AFTER A PERIOD OF NON-USE because of dust/debris in the atmosphere of your location.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I do want candy watermelon but I'm afraid if none of these work it will be because of a PG issue in the percentages it takes to get watermelon strong enough and I'll be limited to Nature's Flavors.
If I can handle PG @ 15%-20% I should be set for while.

In my house everything gets cleaned before use. I call my homebrewed beer "hair of the dog" and it has nothing to do with drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread