Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm a fan of Nic River as well. I buy the freebase and salts. Both have always been good, fast to ship compared to some other places, and free shipping over $50 I believe. I buy my PG and VG from them as well in gallon sizes.

I've also used LNW and Heartland Vapes. Good quality here as well.

One time I ordered some 50% off special on the 50/50 nic from LNW though and it was a little darker than usual. They had a 50% off sale on all 50/50 nic sizes, so I'm guessing it had been sitting around too long. Still vaped just fine though. No complaints really.

Nude Nicotine has great product as well, but customer service (shipping times) aren't always the greatest in my experience.

YMMV. Lots of good places out there. I'm partial to NR since the shipping turnaround is fast and quality is top notch.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
All of my nic (haven't really been DIY long) has come from Nude Nicotine, though I have become partial to Bull City Flavors for my VG and flavors.

The service from BCF has been great and the orders arrived quickly.

Next nic order will be from them. That's not a knock on Nude Nic, just keeping it simple by ordering everything at once.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    All of my nic (haven't really been DIY long) has come from Nude Nicotine, though I have become partial to Bull City Flavors for my VG and flavors.

The service from BCF has been great and the orders arrived quickly.

Next nic order will be from them. That's not a knock on Nude Nic, just keeping it simple by ordering everything at once.
    I think BCF stopped selling nic last year.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Heartlandvapes is where I have been buying my nic most recently. It is clean (flavorless), smooth (no "pepper" notes), and some of the most inexpensive I have found. I just get the basic nic, which works fine for my poor abused palate. But, they do also offer an Ultra Premium version, as well as NicSelect, for those looking for a "higher" quality nic too.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I think BCF stopped selling nic last year.

Ooops. I hadn't checked and have not ordered nic from them as I already have quite a stash from Nude Nicotine in the freezer. I was just reading some of the other folks recommending them and assumed...well you know.

Thanks for pointing that out. :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I totally agree with @IDJoel about nic base from Heartland Vapes. I bought/used theirs, as well as some from Nude Nicotine, Wizard Labs, RTS Vapes, and MFS. While the nic base from the first 3 is the same excellent quality as from Heartland Vapes, IMO...their regular versions all cost more. For the same quality, but at a lower price...I decided to stock up with liters of it from Heartland Vapes.

I didn't like MFS because (1) they shorted me 180mL of my liter and (2) it was also "peppery" to me. Many people who like tobacco flavored eliquids like it though, because it's peppery.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Thank You
    I knew posting here would get great info

and from folks I trust:thumbs:

You came to the right place. Make sure that wherever you buy your nic that the reviews describe it as clean and colorless. Old nic takes on a yellowish color along with a peppery flavor. Transfer it to 4oz or 8oz glass bottles with caps that seal well. Boston Rounds bottles with Polycone caps are a good choice. Once you do that, keep it in the freezer for long life. It takes a long time to use up a liter, so you want it to stay fresh.

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    Based on my query here, I've only used Heartland Vapes and been very satisfied. Since it comes out of Oklahoma City, it should be a quick delivery.......or you could shoot down 135 to pick it up??? :D

Really not that far away for me LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread