Not open for further replies.

Keegan1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Delaware
Hello everyone as stated im new to diy,
I have a couple things on the way to get started and well I spent 4 hrs on here looking yesterday and my head is still spinning. LOL
I have found the calculator wich is cool as anything.
But what else do I need im gonna try to keep it simple as the juice is just for me and the wife.
What I have comeing is some 120ml of 24mg VG and 120ml of just VG
and a asortment of flavorings.
I want to cut it down to 10 to 12 mg.
anyway what are some known good supplyers.
How do I mix it.

Thank you, Tim

dawgcrazy

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio
I have a couple things on the way to get started and well I spent 4 hrs on here looking yesterday and my head is still spinning. LOL
But what else do I need im gonna try to keep it simple as the juice is just for me and the wife.
How do I mix it.

Thank you, Tim

Well, I'm no expert, but I do mix my own. Mostly trial and error LOL! One thing I just ordered that just found out I need, you may not..is some sweetener for some of my flavors. I ordered a bunch of Loranns flavors, but I'm not too fond of most of them. I do like their Keoke Coffee, Blueberry, and Cheesecake. Raspberry isn't bad if you find the right thing to mix it with.

Other than that, I have ordered from Americanspice.com, however their flavors ARE OIL, so use at your own risk. They are however, VERY potent, so you don't need much at all.

I've also got some flavors from I believe it's candyflavors.com, and the only one I like was Pear, the rest seem VERY weak in the flavor dept.

I just placed an order yesterday with Capellas and The Perfumers Apprentice. TPA has GREAT prices and Dan swears by her flavors...I can't wait to get either of these orders in!! Everyone says Capellas flavors taste very natural.

So, other than the VG/PG and the flavors, you will need bottles to mix it in (I got a really good deal on bottles at Candlechem.com), and some droppers or pipettes, and maybe some sweetener.

I mix according to smell. Once it smells good, I try it out. If it doesn't taste quite right, I add this or that. I have some that are sitting here waiting for my sweetener to arrive.

Hope that helps you out some.

KarrMcDebt

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
How do I mix it.

Thank you, Tim

Well, to cut it from 24mg to 12mg would be 1:1 before calculating in flavoring. Typical flavoring should be arround 10%. so..

20ml of 24mg, 10ml PGA (thins vg and gives throat hit), 15ml of VG, and 10ml flavor = 50ml of flavored 12mg juice. (rough numbers, flavor and PGA % will vary depending upon taste.)

You can use 100 proof vodka if PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol, a.k.a. Everclear) is not available in your area. Distilled water can also be used, but has less throat hit.

As far as how to actulay mix it up, I usualy measure it all into a small jar and shake it up, violently,....several times, letting the air bubbles rise to the surface between rounds of shaking.
I've saw a little 2XAA hand held mixer at the dollar store. It was called a "Late' Whipper" and I thought it would work good for mixing.
Another method could be putting the juice in a jar on a rock tumbler for a while.

As I just mentioned in another thread:

Take it slow and deliberate. Keep records of your mixes and label everything. Other wise you'll end up finding a mix that you realy like and not being able to reproduce it, or completely loose track of what strenght a juice is mixed to.

Treat your juice mixing like you would treat potentialy dangerous chemicals in a lab (because, basicaly you are.) Sanitize all surfaces in your work area, avoid cross contamination of your ingredients from using the same tools, (i.e. don't use the same dropper in your nicotine as you do your flavoring or your VG.)

Keep pets and children out of your mixing area. Put plastic down and be sure to clean up very well. One drop of concentrated (100mg) juice can kill a pet and make a child very sick.

Wear rubber gloves, an apron and a face shield. High strength nicotine can quickly absorb through your skin. (100MG)

I wear gloves when I work with 50mg, and full gear anything more than that. At anything lower than 40mg I just be sure to wipe up any spilled juice and wipe my hands.

Always wash your hands before working with pets, especialy fish. Small amounts of e-juice from your hands can wipe out your tank.

Use your head and everything will be fine. Space off or forget and you or someone else could get sick.

I think that covers the basics.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
if you look in the suppliers so far the best prices on unflavored that i see are Welcome to XtremeVaping.com and Home | My Freedom Smokes they have 50% off unflavored a lot of the time and shipping is cheap there..

you have it down as far as nic content for mixing.. its easy when you use a base double what the final product you want is.. because you just do about 10-20% flavoring then 25-35% vg-pg.. that leaves you with 5% left.. if it is too think or you want more throat hit fill that 5% with distilled water and alcohol.. if it is thin enough already then just top it with pg-vg..

but at the double concentration for final product if the flavor is too week it is simple to just do a drop of flavor and a drop of unflavored nic to keep it at the same concentration

Lutter

Feb 25, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm new... I just picked up 60mL of 100mg nic (100% VG) from Xtremevapor and am deciding what to do with it.

I ordered a 4oz doubler of Atomic Cinnacide from TastyVapor (100% PG) from TastyVapor which I'm going to cut 25/75 with the nic to create 25mg juice.

Any other suggestions? I really love EcoPure Rich but the price is absolutely insane... does anyone make 0-nic juice that I can mix with my 100mg and get something similar? (I know EcoPure makes 0-nic, but it's the same price!)

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
I'm new... I just picked up 60mL of 100mg nic (100% VG) from Xtremevapor and am deciding what to do with it.

I ordered a 4oz doubler of Atomic Cinnacide from TastyVapor (100% PG) from TastyVapor which I'm going to cut 25/75 with the nic to create 25mg juice.

Any other suggestions? I really love EcoPure Rich but the price is absolutely insane... does anyone make 0-nic juice that I can mix with my 100mg and get something similar? (I know EcoPure makes 0-nic, but it's the same price!)

if you are planning on just mixing a premixed flavor with that 100mg unflavored you need to get doublers.. and they are only really intended to be mixed 50/50 to get the flavor they where made for.. if you buy a regular 0 mg juice and mix it with the 100mg it will cut the flavor a lot if you are cutting it down to 25mg.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY

EcoPure uses only VG, nicotine, Ethyl Maltol, and a tobacco flavoring. What tobacco flavoring, I don't know, but if you try some out you might find one you like better than EcoPure. I think it's probably Tobacco Absolute (I've had EcoPure but not much other tobacco flavor). You can get both that and Ethyl Maltol at Perfumer's Apprentice. More info and links in my guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread