NEW TO DL! What's the best liquid to try for the first experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacciviah

Sep 7, 2018
Milan
Hey guys,
heavy MTL user here! :D Then why the DL question?
The answer is, I put my hands on a used istick 75w and I got, for an insanely low price, a melo 3 mini atom as well.
I know that it sucks for MTL so I'm willing to try it for DL.
Do you have any juice flavour that fits DL nicely for newcomers?
Or do you have any DIJ juice recipes with TFA flavours that can be vaped right away with no steep required?
Please, let me know! :)
Many thanks in advance for the help!

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I like flavoured tobaccos, sweet stuff and minty flavours. What's the best flavour range for DL? Sweet/creamy stuff or even mild tobaccos?

Maybe an RY4 type or custard. Then again just buy what you normally use but in a high or higher VG blend. The higher VG lessens the throat hit and smooths things out, course that's all relative to the ohm range you're using. Then depending on what you're using now, you could even cut back on the nic level as well.

All relative as I said, the suggestions I have generally go with DL and sub-ohm or lower ohm range. Most people I know that DL use lower ohms but everyone has their own tastes.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I like flavoured tobaccos, sweet stuff and minty flavours. What's the best flavour range for DL? Sweet/creamy stuff or even mild tobaccos?
Well with dL you get a lot more flavor, but the flavor profile doesn’t change that much. You could possibly be overwhelmed by a flavor you normally like. That said provapes has a flavor called crazy cowboy which is a tobacco custard I personally like to dL vape. Whether YOU will or not is an open question though. Juice taste varies wildly by individual. Your best bet is to go to a vape shop with a tasting bar and find something you like that way. It’s not a viable solution for everyone though because of location

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Maybe an RY4 type or custard. Then again just buy what you normally use but in a high or higher VG blend. The higher VG lessens the throat hit and smooths things out, course that's all relative to the ohm range you're using. Then depending on what you're using now, you could even cut back on the nic level as well.

All relative as I said, the suggestions I have generally go with DL and sub-ohm or lower ohm range. Most people I know that DL use lower ohms but everyone has their own tastes.
Just to underscore individual difference I personally find ry4 to be the most disgusting flavor that exists. It’s every bit as bad to me as a “philly cheese steak” flavor I vaped once. You may love it though

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey guys,
heavy MTL user here! :D Then why the DL question?
The answer is, I put my hands on a used istick 75w and I got, for an insanely low price, a melo 3 mini atom as well.
I know that it sucks for MTL so I'm willing to try it for DL.
Do you have any juice flavour that fits DL nicely for newcomers?
Or do you have any DIJ juice recipes with TFA flavours that can be vaped right away with no steep required?
Please, let me know! :)
Many thanks in advance for the help!
Hi and welcome,
If you are getting the "stock" (1×EC 0.3ohm Head, 1×EC 0.5ohm Head) coils, I would say use 6mg/ml or less and give the coil time to "break in".
Start at a low wattage and work up as needed. Airflow will be key to getting the best experience.
If you like the tank, look at the ECR rebuildable coil option.
IMO, both of those coils are "Meh" at best. But I'm a MTL/ loose MTL vaper. (I blocked one hole on my minifit)

Cheers
I

Cacciviah

Sep 7, 2018
Milan
I knew about the VG/PG ratio :)
Not a problem to get the dilutions done here, as in Italy the shops have to prepare the liquid in front of you to avoid an insane taxation on nicotine. You officially buy just a tiny water-based nicotine bottle, the flavoured PG and enough VG to get your mix done and you mix it up by yourself.
The craziness, right?
This to avoid paying 10€ for 10 mls of liquid...
We do have vaping bars here, BUT the vast majority only keep the liquids for tasting in MTL tanks, hence my question.
I was wondering about the flavour fidelity in DL vaping, and I think I got my answers :) Thanks guys!

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
This is an interesting topic, and one I had never given any thought to. I vaped MTL for the first year or so (maybe more) before I started dabbling with DL. One of the reasons I got into DL was that a lot of juices I wanted to try were only available in nicotine strengths up to 9 or 12mg and I vaped mostly 18mg (and needed it in a MTL setup). As a result, I did have designated MTL and DL juices, but I don't think I ever realized it until I came across this post - crazy! Some of my favorite liquids for DL are made by Glas (specifically their Basix series) - I don't know if they're available where you are located, but if they are, and you see a flavor profile you like in their line, give them a shot!

Cacciviah

Sep 7, 2018
Milan
Thanks a lot, y'all, for your advice!
In the end I tried a POPCORN flavoured liquid.
Not kidding. Popcorn.
It's called Croccantissimo, "very crunchy" in our crazy language.

I love it with a tighter draw, but I'm afraid DL might not be for me. Maybe I'm too much of a smoker, maybe my Melo 3 Mini sucks flavourwise (new coil, 0.5 ohms, played around 30 to 40 watts setting), but so far what tastes amazing with all the air shut and the tightest possible draw tastes pretty much like hot nothing in DL vaping.

But it may just be me :(

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread