NEW to drip rebuildables...BULLY/PHOENIX HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
Hey guys been vaping about 6 mths and expanding into DIY juice and rebuildables on MMs..first one I got is this GotVapes Fahrenheit™ RBA - Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer [gv-FahrenheitRBS] - $12.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

i wrapped a 3-4 wick and it seems pretty intense on a segeli 13a and seems to not light up the whole coil and tastes like over burned metal ....this happens about 8-10 times? Any help? I'm grabbing a dual coil IGO-L clone and I'm also looking into SS wick models...out of those which are best for a newb to test and play with...my wicks are coming in at about .8-1 ohms on my vamo btw..

gmb225

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
somerset ky
wow i didnt know the vamo would fire a coil that low in ohms? anyway the ss mesh has a huge learning curve seems to short alot and has good days and bad nomatter how good u build it. id stay away from that for a little while. as far as ur coil not glowing even u just need to move them around a little and dry burn while doing it. just pulsing it till they glow. keep moving the ones that dont glow and make sure nothing is shhorting. u get it right.

AlexB

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Bay Area, CA, USA
I think so ....some wraps are red all in one place...usually the ones where I leave more space between the post and wick....not good? I thought it wouldn't matter....guess not.

Got a picture of your coil and wick setup? The hot spot is probably what's causing the foul metal taste when you vape. A little fine tuning of your coils to get rid of that hot spot. When your wick is dry, the entire coil should light up pretty evenly, and when wet, there shouldn't be anything glowing.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
I played around a bit and finally Got the entire coil to burn red eyed snap a pic for sure but just got this post at work I'll do so as soon as possible and also I didn't mean to say that I was firing on Vamo..just checking ohms, I'm using a Segeli 13b ... with the Phoenix/bully and plan to eventually move up to AGA-T2..what would u guys suggest...

Placing the cool in the middle of the posts?
Also wrapping 3,4 or 5 times on a MM?

Seriously guys I appreciate your time....much respect
Trev

Last edited:

AlexB

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Bay Area, CA, USA
I played around a bit and finally Got the entire coil to burn red eyed snap a pic for sure but just got this post at work I'll do so as soon as possible and also I didn't mean to say that I was firing on Vamo..just checking ohms, I'm using a Segeli 13b ... with the Phoenix/bully and plan to eventually move up to AGA-T2..what would u guys suggest...

Placing the cool in the middle of the posts?
Also wrapping 3,4 or 5 times on a MM?

Seriously guys I appreciate your time....much respect
Trev

AGA T2 is a pain in the ... to rebuild. With that being said, I have 2. Send me your address and I'll send you one to try out. I like doing 2/3 wraps on dual coils, and 3/4 on Genesis style atomizers.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
AGA T2 is a pain in the ... to rebuild. With that being said, I have 2. Send me your address and I'll send you one to try out. I like doing 2/3 wraps on dual coils, and 3/4 on Genesis style atomizers.

Wow! Seriously? Awesome man ill pm you, if you have Paypal I wouldn't mind sending you some loot..thx for all the help, I here alot of good stuff about the AGA-T2 but I know it's gonna prob drive me nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread