New to e-smoking, So much to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catwhisperer

ECF Veteran
Hi there,

I'm new to e-smoking and wow there is a lot to learn on this topic. I wish I'd found this website before!! I bought an njoy and it's... okay... I actually hated the first puff but it's strangely growing on me. I'm starting to prefer vaporizing to smoking. However I know I should be able to find better tasting cartridges.

If anyone can recommend a website to buy replacement njoy cartridges I'd certainly appreciate it. I'm not keen on the flavor of the NJOY provided ones. Or even a place to buy empty carts so I can make my own juice?

After finding this website I ordered a 2nd e-cigarette, the EAZE Super Minifrom epuffer.com. I'd like to have one that looks like a real cigarette so I don't have to constantly explain how I'm smoking a pen ;) Haven't gotten it yet but I have high hopes!

Oh - a little about me - I live in Phoenix area, Arizona, USA and I'm a 31 year old who's been smoking for 13 years, have tried to quit many times for 3-6 months and I keep going back to it. It's totally psychological for me. My goal with vaporizing is to completely give up regular cigarettes for e-cigs.

What a great forum! so glad I can be a part of it.

Jenny

Welcome to the Club :)

Fluid will totally help the taste for you. The factory carts are never the best.

Shawn is right, most of the Pen parts are interchangeable. The Pen is still my favorite form factor. I just recieved 3 more sets :D
If you get a bottle of juice and top off your carts, youll get a much better flavor. You will need some carts, but dont get 50 all at once. A couple boxes to reuse, or a few empty ones to fill will work for weeks.
If you MUST have njoy carts, thats fine, but i would check Ebay for them, with someones name brand on them, they are normally a little more expencive from a store front.

Tetsab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2008
East Sussex, UK
Catwhisperer you are soooo right!

This is actually a brilliant forum, full of info and some great advice - but it can take ages to find out what constitute 'basics' to us newcomers. I know, it did. Admittedly I'm not a forum-user elsewhere so struggling with some of the code/slang which might be familiar to 'regulars'. Just hope it doesn't make it seem too 'exclusive' to others who just pop in for a look as it did (a bit) to me.

I was lucky and found this site before our first purchase but if I can have a small gripe - could we have a glossary somewhere?

A few examples of things it has taken me HOURS to find -
VG; = vegetable glycerine (for mixing into liquids to dilute etc). You can buy it at the chemist's in UK.
PG; = Propylene Glycol, the liquid in most cartridges and liquids, tho' it seems JC (that's Johnson's Creek to us newbies) are starting a line called 'NPG' which I assume means NO Propylene Glycol although e-cigs.co.uk website doesn't actually seem to say what else is in it...presumably VG?

Together with some of the apparently vital info I've gleaned so far?

As soon as your e-cig starts it's self-cleaning cycle (Flashes then suddenly gets hot all on it's own) whip the battery off to avoid cooking the atomiser. I've been lucky so far...

Don't believe ANY outrageous seller claims about how long a prefilled cartridge will last - quickly worked out that every 'puff' seems to count, and as you actually take several draws each time on an e-cig they last no time at all. It certainly doesn't equate to one or more packs of regular cigs. Unless you've got very deep pockets, buy liquid and top them up yourself. I've been a 30/day smoker for more years than is at all sensible and I'm refilling with liquid 5,6,7 times a day. Admittedly I'm not letting them get too dry before topping up (trying to protect those precious atomisers).

Don't be under any illusions that ANY part of a mini or supermini e-cig is not a consumable. Unless you're actually going to use e-cigs to try and stop completely you will be buying atomisers, batteries etc on a regular basis so this WILL form part of your ongoing costs.

Sorry if this goes on a bit, but I've joined in the expectation of being a long-term user of this technology as it (hopefully) develops as long as it (even more hopefully) doesn't get outlawed! :thumbs:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Welcome to 'probably the best forum in the world' - great to see so many new people joining the revolution daily! ;)

Tetsab it looks like you've been doing your homework - all really good info for fellow newbies! I guess once you've been on here a while, you do forget about all the jargon/technical stuff that becomes almost second nature, but probably v.confusing to newcomers! 8-o

I find the search function on the forum invaluable though and there is plenty more info buried somewhere in the forum vaults where all these old vets blazed a trail of useful q&a's for any newcomers to this experience.. :thumb:

Good luck with it to you both...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread