New to ECF, New to Temp Control, plus Juice Inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashonthego

Dec 26, 2015
Hi guys! I'm new. I've been using the Sith Box Mod from Silver Wolf Customs with a haze RBA for a while. I've never done my own builds because there are a million shops where I live, so I've always just taken it in. I wasn't paying attention recently and put in one of my batteries backwards. Needless to say, that sucker exploded. I got freaked out and ordered a Sigelei 150w TC for the safety measures, some prebuilt Ni200 coils at 0.1 ohms and 0.18 ohms to try from fasttech (until I learn how to do it myself), and some new Efest 2500mAh batteries.

Will I still be able to use my Haze with the Sigelei 150w TC? Any other suggestions for RBAs? I'm not looking for a tank. I like the dripping ritual :)

Lastly, in the spirit of safety and health and whatnot, another reason I wanted a TC mod is to make sure I'm not burning the VG too hot for it to turn into acrolein. I've always gotten hot builds, but I don't know how hot they are! And as for juices, I use only dessert flavors. Vanilla, Butterscotch, Custard types. But recently I'm afraid of diacetyl in these flavor choices. I've read that some companies get third party testing for diacetyl, but anyone can just SAY they get testing, and I don't see any proof (lab results?) Any input on companies that are really, really into nontoxic juices would be a godsend. I've even begun contemplating just making my own flavors.

I've come to ECF a million times, but I never joined. So, hello, and thanks for all the help you guys have given me over the last couple of years!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome to the board. No reason at all you can't use your Haze (or any other 510 connection dripper) with your new Siggie (sound choice, BTW, I wan't one of those myself). If you intend to use it in TC mode, obviously, TC wire is required. You could also use it in wattage mode with Kanthal or NiChrome or even Stainless. If you want suggestions for RBAs, there's scads of them out there. I rather like the Wotofo Sapor for flavor with good cloud, as well as the Velocity, the Vector and the Dark Horse. I have no suggestions for pre-made juice as I DIY all of mine. However, I can inform you The Flavor Apprenctice very clearly marks their flavor choices as with or without Diketones. I haven't seen any lab results (although they might be available if you ask them) but I trust them and have had good luck with them, just in case you decide to make your own juice. Knowing exactly what is in my juice is one of the reasons I do it. Finally, I don't care for the batteries you picked. Efests are re-wraps, and I don't trust them because you can't ever tell what actual battery is under the wrap. If you like the dripping ritual, great-- I do myself-- but I also have to tell you, if you're looking for a tank for out and about, where you can get the flavor and cloud of a dripper, without the hassle of carrying around all the stuff, take a look at the Indulgence MT. It's right next door to amazing as tanks go; there's a lot more on it here: Indulgence Mt-Rta

Hi @ashonthego
I know you say you don't like Tanks but this for an out and about tank is the closest thing to drippers that I have tried,Cheap enough as well.A steamcrave Aromiser RDTA 6ML black or silver,If you decide to go ahead it comes with a spit back Drip tip.Take that off and use of drill to take the nipped off and put a wide Bore in there.Believe me it is Dripping flavour and clouds,With the 2 post velocity deck,There is so many building possibilities.

Reactions: ashonthego

ashonthego

Dec 26, 2015
Hi and welcome to the board. No reason at all you can't use your Haze (or any other 510 connection dripper) with your new Siggie (sound choice, BTW, I wan't one of those myself). If you intend to use it in TC mode, obviously, TC wire is required. You could also use it in wattage mode with Kanthal or NiChrome or even Stainless. If you want suggestions for RBAs, there's scads of them out there. I rather like the Wotofo Sapor for flavor with good cloud, as well as the Velocity, the Vector and the Dark Horse. I have no suggestions for pre-made juice as I DIY all of mine. However, I can inform you The Flavor Apprenctice very clearly marks their flavor choices as with or without Diketones. I haven't seen any lab results (although they might be available if you ask them) but I trust them and have had good luck with them, just in case you decide to make your own juice. Knowing exactly what is in my juice is one of the reasons I do it. Finally, I don't care for the batteries you picked. Efests are re-wraps, and I don't trust them because you can't ever tell what actual battery is under the wrap. If you like the dripping ritual, great-- I do myself-- but I also have to tell you, if you're looking for a tank for out and about, where you can get the flavor and cloud of a dripper, without the hassle of carrying around all the stuff, take a look at the Indulgence MT. It's right next door to amazing as tanks go; there's a lot more on it here: Indulgence Mt-Rta

Thank you for your reply! Wow, I never knew that about Efests. I've been using them for a long time! Next time I refresh my battery bundle (as I do from time to time), do you suggest the Sony's? Thanks for the suggestion of The Flavor Apprentice! I see that they offer MSDS sheets per batch #, which I appreciate and makes me trust them more. Do you have any favorites from them? I've wondered if I can make a very simple vanilla juice using real Vanilla Absolute and Ethyl Maltol. And thanks for the tank info. It would be easier when I'm driving! I'll check it out. :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thank you for your reply! Wow, I never knew that about Efests. I've been using them for a long time! Next time I refresh my battery bundle (as I do from time to time), do you suggest the Sony's? Thanks for the suggestion of The Flavor Apprentice! I see that they offer MSDS sheets per batch #, which I appreciate and makes me trust them more. Do you have any favorites from them? I've wondered if I can make a very simple vanilla juice using real Vanilla Absolute and Ethyl Maltol. And thanks for the tank info. It would be easier when I'm driving! I'll check it out. :)
Sony's would make excellent batteries for just about anything. I am a mech modder at heart, and the VTC4s are all I use in anything because they are my favorite mech battery, and I don't like various kinds laying around. They'd do anything you want in that Sig. However, they do not have the best battery life, being limited to 2100 mAh. It really depends on how many watts you intend to throw with the Sig. If you think you will be consistently over 100 watts, then the VTC4s are the way to go. If you think you'll usually be under 100 watts, I'd suggest the Samsung 25Rs or the LG HG2s pr HG4s; all of which are solid 20 amp batteries with 2500 mAh capacity and a dollar or two cheaper than the Sonys. At the same price, or maybe a bit higher than the Sonys, you can find the LG HG2s, or the AW IMR 3000 mAh batteries, both with 3000mAh and 20 amps. Batteries are often counterfeited, so be sure to buy from a reputable dealer: I like Obrtronic, RTDVapor or Illumn. As for juice, I like simple spice flavors like peppermint, clove and cinnamon. I can't say much about vanilla, sorry :) And yeah, the MT tank will blow your doors off :)

Reactions: IMFire3605
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread