New to ECF smoke free since 12-19-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericm12121977

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Tulsa, OK
Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and just get into a group that fits what I feel I am.

I have been smoke free since 12-19-2012. I didn't discover e-cigs till after I stopped and I only looked into the e-cigs for my wife. She is the addictive personality type. She was/is never going to stop smoking, never going to be able to give up the nic. I managed to stop smoking after 15 years of a pack + a day smoking using "smoke-away". I don't endorse nor wish to impose any kind of biased opinion about stopping nicotine use. I truly believe in the e-cig, the vaping, the dripping, e-juicing what ever you want to call it.

Where I come from in this is the love of my wife even with all her faults. She is an addict to many things, she is a recovering alcoholic, she is a recovering drug addict and she is a smoker and will be forever. I started a new job a little over a year ago and they have a strict drug policy mainly because it is an engineering company that has contracts with the government. I got tired of smelling like an ashtray and I truly wanted to stop smoking and get away from the nicotine. As far as my wife goes, I knew she wouldn't want to stop, she wouldn't stop so I had to come up with something that would work. Something that would give her the nicotine she wanted without the backlash of having to step down because she wasn't going to stop.

That led me on the search, the path to vaping as I call it. I knew she needed the smoking action, the habit that she has had for almost 20 years. I researched on what would work best for a beginner, what would be simplest to transition to without to much of a struggle. It led me to what has turned out to be the easiest and best for her. I started out with the Volcano Vapor Inferno tank kit. Cartomizer with a tank and an ego battery. It worked, it worked within a week, she was completely off of analog's and only vaping. I call that a success. Of course it comes down to the juice after that. She is on 24mg nic juice and she is happy there and will be there forever probably. She has been cig free for 10 months now and I consider the investment in the upgrades in mods (just upgraded from lavatube v2 to lavatube v2.5), the cost of the juices, carto's and a few tanks to be well worth it. I have spent a fraction on all of that compared to analogs and will spend whatever it takes to keep her off analogs.

I have taken over her old lavatube v2 and I vape when I want that stimulation but I do mine without nicotine in the juice. I just want the smoking action when times are stressful. It works for me.

So far we are fan's of the products we have invested in with no complaints other then a carto being defective every once in a blue moon (2 so far in 10 months). I have read on rebuildables and all that but I don't want to deal with the hassle and the carto/tank system is easy for her and it keeps life simple.

To everyone that switched from analogs to vaping I commend you and wish the best for you. Keep on vaping!

If you're unsure about vaping please jump to an ego style to start and skip the cig-a-likes because I have never met a single person that found them to be worthwhile and a huge waste of time and money.

Juice is where it is at, try your local vapor shops first, walk in and talk to them, they want to help you out, they want to inform as many people as they can to the advantages to switching to vaping and they also want to sell you on the products. Just remember, your the one that chooses, so don't feel pressured to step up to the most expensive item to start. Start simple and efficient, start with the easiest thing first and move on from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread