Status
Not open for further replies.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Hello everyone. I'm about 2.5 weeks into vaping and I love it. Been browsing around on this forum for quite a while so I decided to register.

A little about me: I smoked a pack of Marlboro reds a day for 3 years (doesn't seem that long for some, I know) but it was getting to me. Coworkers and family hated it. I honestly LOVED my marlboros (especially with a nice iced coffee from Starbucks..mmmm) but I decided to go with the e cig. I have tried the cartridge style e cig in the past (ones that light up etc, like Blu and Victory) and they just sucked. So I went to a local e cig shop and picked up a Vision Spinner 1100mah and Kanger T2 tank. I have been smoke free for almost 3 weeks now!

Below is my setup with my current favorite flavors I fluctuate between with my two tanks.
Vapor Crane's Instagraham, Halo's Belgian Cocoa, Villain Vapor's Bonnie & Clyde, and Vape Aura's Papabewi (all-time favorite so far) all are 12mg nicotine. I just downgraded from 18mg recently.
nutabe8u.jpg

(That giant orange thing in the glass is a candle lol)

I mainly registered to ask a question about cleaning battery contacts / tank threads, but I think I will be posting around a lot more than that :p

I spilled chocolate flavored juice into my battery thread and tried to clean it out. Now my fruit flavored juices (I have 2 separate Kanger T2s for fruity and non fruity flavors) have this nasty chocolate twinge to them. The bottom of my atty smells like old chocolate fruit and my battery thread smells like pure chocolate. I've tried a Q tip and hot water and the nasty taste and smell is still there. Any recommendations?

Anyways, if anyone was too lazy to read this: hi!

Last edited:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Welcome from a fellow newbie quiter! I've been smoke free since the 25th of Sept. About a pack and a half a day for 25 years down to zero! I had a scary day yesterday where I honestly wanted to g buy a pack, but I got through it. I guess that's going to be normal for a little while.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk now Free

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome! Nice to meet you. Hearty second on alcohol, great cleaning agent. Just dry it thoroughly before you use the PV. Good luck and have fun!

I'm going to assume I didn't dry it enough. Tried vaping after cleaning with 91% and I even changed the wick and coil. No chocolate taste but now I'm getting an almost tasteless sour taste.

This could all be in my head. Maybe I'm just worried about it and it's making me think it tastes bad..

I think I may give up and buy a whole new battery and tank unless I can fix this :(

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. the battery should not have anything to do with taste of the ecig. It only supplies the power to the atty/coils. The alcohol should have dried fairly quickly anyway. Do you have more than one battery? Or more than one topper?(clearo/carto/atty)?

I would buy a few more of the clearomizers before throwing away the battery. This may be a good time to have your current one as a back up and look around for something else that interests you. Just my 2 cents.
:)

ps is the kanger2 tank glass or plastic? If plastic, that may be why the taste is yucky. Some darker liquids like chocolate, coffee and some tobacco flavor just won't come out of plastic.

Last edited:

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Well I have two separate tanks. One for my chocolate/coffee/non fruity flavors and another for my more sweet lighter flavors. So that isn't an issue really.

I've been vaping on this cleaned out tank now and I think the flavor has returned to normal.

I'll just continue with this until I can delve into RBAs. I have NO clue how they work whatsoever but I love tinkering and would love to look into it sometime :p

Thanks everyone for your help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread