New to forum and new to electronic cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdbsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
San Antonio
Just wanted to say hello and that I am so pleased with the plethora of information on this site! I started with my first e-cigarette 6 days ago. I was in a pinch at work (You cannot smoke and be employed where I work) and walked to the local gas station across from my office to get gum to try and get me through the rest of the 5 hours I had to go until I could leave and smoke when I saw one of those "Njoy" single menthol e-smokes for sale. I was in the mood to kick kittens and decided to try one. I was amazed that while it tasted like !@#$ that it actually felt like I had smoked a cigarette.

I immediately went to my computer and started researching these things. I found a local shop and ended up buying a joytech 510 type automatic battery and one that looked similar to a cigarette that you press a button to work. The shop owner suggested that I buy the "eGO-C" but still being skeptical I passed and went the other two options. I bought a menthol and an atomic fireball flavor juice and have been so freaking happy for 6 days. My wife doesn't turn away when I go to kiss her, I don't douse myself with cologne before getting out of my car to go to work. I caught my wife (a non-smoker) trying the atomic fireball flavor when I came home from work on Friday! Too funny. Anyway, I am glad I got over my skepticism and took the plunge. I do not want to quit nicotine as I love it but I have wanted to stop smelling like smoke or hiding it for years. I have not had a cigarette in 6 days.

Now that I have the eGO-C battery I don't think I will ever go back to the smaller batteries. I notice the vapor is WAY better, thicker and satisfying than those smaller batteries. Is this normal? What can I get next that will give me even more vapor or is the eGO-C about as much I can get or is that battery giving me as thick of a vapor as I can find?

WEll, I am happy to be here. Cigarette free and actually not dying to go to lunch, not for food but to get my "fix." My secretary even mentioned that she has not seem me so clam and smiling since she has worked for me:laugh:

Any tips on the next kind of cigarette or battery I should get would be much appreciated! :p

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Welcome and congrats on giving up smoking!

Man did you ask a loaded question ... there are so many options available to you it's likely to overwhelm you at first. You have a pretty good setup already so I would suggest that you take your time, do like you already have and continue to research here on this site. Much of it will come down to personal preference ...

Vape On! :)

jnette

May 4, 2013
Galax, VA, USA
Love it. Just LOVE it. :)

WELCOME !!!

Just love reading these intros. I, too, started with the NJoy (yuck!!!), then Mystic, Neo, and Century. All cheap off-brands, nasty taste, BUT........ they did the trick. Felt like I had had a smoke. And that's what I needed at the time.

Have been smoke free for only a bit over 2 months now, and have only this past week began upgrading and ordering a variety of e-liquids as well as batteries, mini-tanks, clearomizers, tips, etc. They say "vapemail" is the BEST mail ever to wait on ! :D

You have come to the right place to get ALL the info you will ever need re brands, makes, batteries.. all the components and how to work them.... and get the best possible results. It's a wonderful journey ... enjoy every step of it!

ECF will give you all the advice and support you need. :)

Again, WELCOME, and the best to you !

Last edited:
Love it. Just LOVE it. :)

ordering a variety of e-liquids as well as batteries, mini-tanks, clearomizers, tips, etc. They say "vapemail" is the BEST mail ever to wait on ! :D

!

i could not AGREE more. i got about 7 juices, and i want more..it's like i get board with what i have cause i tried them and need new ones :)

mdbsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
San Antonio
Thanks for all the of the replies! I am sure I should wait and enjoy what I have, logically and intellectually I know this. Now the caveat...I have no patience and waiting is so hard for me! Ha, I will read up up and do what is suggested. I am just so excited about this and cannot believe I knew about this two years ago and let my ingrained cynicism get the best of me.

Must...get...new...battery, mod, tank or whatever! :p

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
Welcome to ECF! Congratulations on 6 days without smokes!!! Isn't a wonderful feeling? You will love this forum, everyone here is helpful and you will be surprised at what can be done to make life with ecigs more wonderful! Love that your wife was sneaking a vape, and got caught! There are 0mg nic flavors out there is she just must.... :D We're glad you are here!

WalkinRuin

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Livermore, CA, USA
Welcome, this is great but I still can't get use to being labeled an ex-smoker. I started with a 510 class machine and moved on to an eGo class by week two also. The next step, and I am sure everyone will agree, is to just skip the Vamo and Provari things, and go directly for a Zenesis II. :)

Myself, I'm moving back to 510 since it makes a great little puffy.

-Ray

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Welcome, this is great but I still can't get use to being labeled an ex-smoker. I started with a 510 class machine and moved on to an eGo class by week two also. The next step, and I am sure everyone will agree, is to just skip the Vamo and Provari things, and go directly for a Zenesis II. :)

-Ray

How about an eroll? Those look pretty nifty!

mdbsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
San Antonio
I recommend saving up for a Provari. :blush:
Awesome, I will check this out right NOW! I cannot even smoke the little 510 types I bought anymore and only use the eGO-C battery and larger tank. The amount of vapor coming from the e-cig is so much better with that larger battery and tank for some reason. Now I am reading about the juices and 70/30 this and that etc. So much to learn! Head is spinning but I like it. Thanks for the suggestion, I will probably have this provari or something new very soon:p

Welcome to ECF! Congratulations on 6 days without smokes!!! Isn't a wonderful feeling? You will love this forum, everyone here is helpful and you will be surprised at what can be done to make life with ecigs more wonderful! Love that your wife was sneaking a vape, and got caught! There are 0mg nic flavors out there is she just must.... :D We're glad you are here!
Yup, I caught her again last night! I only use menthol and atomic fireball and she cannot get enough of that fireball flavor. The last thing I want to do is get her hooked on these things but she admitted she loved using it after we eat...

Welcome! Awesome invention isn't it? Not ready to move up or expand yet, am happy with my cigalikes. But gathering information cuz I know eventually I'll be moving up. LOL. San Antonio is a vacation destination hopefully for us in 2014. Great place!
Freaking amazing invention! The people in my office have no clue I am using one even though I use it in my office when no one is around. They something is up because I am smiling more and not so "grumpy." Yeah, because I am not having nic fits anymore! I hope you enjoy SA in 2014, it is a beautiful city.

eRoll looks like a pretty good kit. I've never used those kind of tanks before but I've read mixed reviews.
Ah, yes, I pretty much already have the eRoll. I just dont find it as satisfying as when I use the eGO-C.

-Ray

Thanks Ray! I love the suggestions. I will check out the brands you suggested for sure. Now I am excited.

Also, anyone know how I can insert a signature? I am new to this forum but not forums in general and I cannot seem to figure it out. Thanks.

Last edited:

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
I recommend saving up for a Provari. :blush:
There it is! LOL!

Howdy!

Welcome to the forum! There are many, many different types of Personal Vaporizers or PV's out there. Baditude mentioned one that, many here think, is the best.

I'm curretnly rocking an eVic which I like a lot. Do your research and ask any questions you have and I'm sure you will finds answers here. :)

mdbsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
San Antonio
I believe you must have 15 posts before you can add a signature to your posts.

Welcome from another San Antonian!

Nice! Do you buy any of your vaping stuff local, if so is there a place you suggest? Also, thank you for the info on the 15 post thing, this will save me a lot of time wasted today trying to figure it out:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread