New to LEO, few simple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chime

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Hi all,

I've recently received a boge LEO. Thing works great and am more than satisfied with it so far just a few quick questions as it's very different hardware from pretty much anything else I have lying about (510, Chuck, M601XL/M301).

1.) What's the preffered method for cleaning the atties?
- I've heard the good ol' 510 everclear dip can kill these puppies.
-Boiling like a skungy carto maybe viable?

2.) PTB work decently with them, or is it just a recepie for a mess?

Thanks for your time.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I actually use the alcohol method. Drop atomizer into a cup and fill with 90% isopropyl alcohol and let sit for 2-3 hours. Rinse well in extremely hot water until alcohol smell is gone. Blow out excess water (from threaded end). Let dry upside down over night on paper towel. It may take a bit to jump start it in the morning, sometimes up to 15-20 minutes of puffing, but it works like new when it does.

TODSHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
OHIO, USA
I agree with jackal3 on the cleaning....but i have been trying a different method useing baking soda and vinigar..i rinse the atty, put a couple pinches of baking soda down inside then slowly pour a little vinigar in and let it foam..do this a few times till the foaming action subsides then rinse again and let dry as usual..it is experimental but i have had good luck. Even brought a couple back to life.
As far as the tb....imo, the blue foam works the best..good flavor and vapor and once you find the right size to use..minimal leakage also

amrnation

Moved On
Mar 17, 2011
Mass
Avidvaper sells Leo to 510 adapters. There is another vendor out there just dont remember However AvidVaper's version is better. I own both now.

These adapters are awesome and makes your leo battery more usable in the long run.

Enjoy your Leo these things are really going to take off when the Leo Cartomizer becomes more available to the public.

and even more so if they do make their own tank for the Leo.

TODSHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
OHIO, USA
Let me know how the baking soda method holds up. Seems it would be gentler than alcohol.

So far so good....I have cleaned my leo atty's a couple times and it actually did wonders for my ego-t atty since you can expose the coil when you remove the wick...I just drop the baking soda right down onto the coil then pour in the vinigar...seems to help loosen all the gunk....The vapor production came back to like new. I think I forgot to mention that I also do a dry burn before use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread