New to modding, looking to try to build a DNA20 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
Hi everyone. I've Been vaping for a little over 2 years, but I'm new to modding...I took a couple of circuitry classes in college for my computer science degree, but that's the closest I've come to playing with wires.

I'm looking to try the Milo-DNA20D and I've been going through the parts. I'm struggling to find a battery/batteries to use for the build...I checked HobbyKing and the Turnigy non-tech batteries I've seen some people recommend are out of stock. Any tips? Been reading through this forum for the better part of the day, lots of information, but a bit overwhelming.

This is the case I'm looking to use: Amazon.com: Hammond 1590ABK Black Diecast Aluminum Enclosure -- Inches (3.64" x 1.52" x 1.06") mm (93mm x 39mm x 27mm): Everything Else

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
Thank you both!

One more question, is it necessary to have a drill press to drill the holes in these boxes? I have drills, and a dremel...but no drill press. I'm not opposed to buying one because a man can always use a drill press...but just curious if it's a necessity at the moment.

No but it would help. Just take your time and make sure drill is straight.

Eponator

Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
California
No but it would help. Just take your time and make sure drill is straight.

While I haven't built a DNA Box Mod yet I can say with certainty that a drill press is not required, it just makes things a bit easier. I've drilled countless holes through all kinds of metals and done them using a freehand drill when necessary, just take your time, don't apply too much pressure to the bit, and keep it straight! Tape a bubble level to the drill to ensure you're holding it straight if necessary. Drilling through aluminum is super easy.

I'm currently going through the process of planning / sourcing parts for my own DNA 20 build so I'll be watching these threads like a hawk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread